‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

Ten

Kale’s POV

I know Danni, and that girl that just tore through the ballroom, was not her. I quickly excused myself and followed the path that she had taken. I found her huddled up on the stairwell, her legs tucked into her chest. Smiling sadly, I sat down next to her and put my arm over her shoulders, wrapping her in a hug.

“Hey, what’s wrong? It’s not like you to just run out of something like that.”

She pulled out of herself and looked at me. “I honestly don’t know, Kale. One minute, I’m perfectly fine and the next…”

“Was it when he touched you?”

I looked at him.

“What? I saw your face.”

I nodded my head and looked down at the tops of my knees. “He still hates me. After all the years of therapy and putting him behind me… I can’t seem to escape him. If the looks aren’t enough… his words are like poison in my veins. He’s my Poison, as stupid as that sounds.”

I bit my lip and pulled her into my lap, knowing that’s what she needed. I started to run my hand through her thick locks. “What happened between you two?”

She buried herself in the crook of my neck.

“Danni, I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s wrong. What happened seven years ago?”

“Danni! Are you okay?” Matt asked.

“I’m fine, perfectly fine, Matt.” She said, wiping her eyes. She pulled away and got out of my lap. “I just need to go touch up my makeup, but I’ll be there in two seconds. Sorry for the inconvenience.

“It’s no problem, you know that.” He replied, flashing his dimples and wrapping his arm around her small shoulders. “Come on, let’s get you cleaned up.

“I-I’ll tell you later, Kale. Promise.” She said back to me with a sad smile. I knew that smile all too well. Secretly, she was screaming on the inside.

“I’ll hold you to it.” I shot back with an equally fake smile.

Danni’s POV

“Danni, I’ve known you forever and you’re practically like a sister to me.” Matt stated as I re-applied my makeup.

“I know.”

“Look, what happened between you and Brian was shitty, but you need to get past that. At least for this video, please?”

“I know, terrible lapse of judgment. It won’t happen again, promise. I just have to get through the next half hour tops, right?”

“Yea.”

I capped my mascara and gave him a toothy grin. “See? All better.”

He laughed and pulled me into a massive hug. “Brian’s a jack-ass, just so you know. He should have never done that to you.”

I looked at him strangely. “Ok, Matt, you’re officially weird. Let’s go, they’re probably wondering what happened.” I said, walking out of the make shift dressing room.

“You’re a slut. Going and crying to make yourself seem more like a victim. Can’t score a guy, so you go after a queer, how pathetic.” Brian hissed as I passed him.

I glared at him, but took my place nonetheless. The music started to play and I danced my way to Brian. I went through the movements, but didn’t feel it like I had earlier. Everything seemed meaningless now.

“Danni, where’s your focus? Your fire? You’re killing me up here! I want to see that feisty, take-no-shit bitch that I met yesterday! Fake it till you make it, Hon. Fake it till you make it.”

“Maybe you’re out of it because you fucked the queer and Matt- you were gone for awhile,” Brian whispered in my ear. He was still holding onto my hips. “Fucking whore.”

“Cut the crap, Brian, and be professional for once in your life.” I ripped myself out of his grip and went back to my starting spot. “I’m ready when you are, Mark.” I hardened my face and put on a seductress’ mask to hide my insecurities.

He nodded his head and started the music. Smirking the entire time, I went through the moves, acting and faking it all the way through. I think it went well, considering that my partner wanted to kill me the entire time.

Mark started talking but it was drowned out by Brian whispering in my ear. “What’s professional about you flashing your assets and whoring over the other guys? You’re disgusting and I can’t stand the thought of you anymore.” His hand, which was resting on my stomach, crept further down. “Besides, you like all this attention. What I do to you…so why did you go off and fuck him?”

“Guys! I said places!” Mark yelled.

I ripped myself out of his arms again and stared into his eyes. They held their usual mischievous gleam along with a lustful fire. Looking further into them, farther than anyone should, I saw a guilt in them. “Who did you fuck, Haner? Huh? At the party that you went to without me? Who did you fuck when I was falling further into depression and just needed someone to hold me? Who was the tramp that kept you away?!”

His eyes widened and he began sputtering. His gaze flicked over to behind the cameras and back to mine. Curious, I looked over to see what he was looking at. It didn’t take long to figure it out. Her eyes gave her away.

“YOU FUCKING BASTARD!” I screamed at him, punching him square in the jaw. He was caught off guard and fell to the ground. Matt instantly jumped up and held me back. “WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO FUCKING LOSE MY MIND AND LIFE, YOU WERE FUCKING YOUR EX?!” I screamed even louder, trying to kick him, but Matt had me in a tight hold. I whipped my head over to her. “Some friend you were, Michelle, you fucking bitch! If you wanted him that badly, I would have just given him to you.” I seethed.

“Danni, calm down.” Matt said from behind me, tightening his hold.

“What the hell is going on?” Mark asked.

“You ask that fuck right there,” I said in a deep voice, gesturing to the bastard that was slowly standing up. He was rubbing his jaw.

Mark looked between the two of us.

“Go on, Haner, you sick fuck. Blaming me for something I had no control over. Admit it, you wanted to hear that I fucked Zacky on purpose so that you wouldn’t feel guilty about fucking her.” I managed to wiggle my way out of Matt’s hold, my balled fists at my side. “I hope you rot in hell, Haner. She can join you for all I care.” I added in a dangerous tone. I looked up at Mark. “Sorry, but it looks like you’re going to have to splice things together. I can’t work with someone like him anymore.” I quickly walked to the door before turning back. “Oh, and Brian? Forgot to mention this, but what’s more pathetic: me being an ex-stripper, or you for coming back to me last night for one more go?” With that, I exited out the door, laughing the entire time.

“Hey, what just happened?” Kale asked, jogging next to me as I headed up to where my things were.

“Me getting the revenge I finally deserve.”

“So, you’re just going to quit like that?”

I stopped and quickly turned to face him. “You didn’t hear all the hurtful things that he’s said to me these past twenty-four hours. The sneering and cat-calling. Him coming on me in the kitchen and in between sets…”

Kale’s mouth fell open.

“No, save it. I have bigger fish to fry.” I interrupted, continuing my way up the stairs.

“Wait, does that mean you’re taking me up on my offer?”

I turned my head so that I was looking over my shoulder. “And let you take all the credit? Kale, you obviously don’t know me.” I replied with a wink.

“Well then, what are we still doing here?!” He exclaimed, running past me on the steps. Laughing, I ran up to my room and pulled on sweat pants and a light jacked before I shoved everything else into my suitcase.

I linked elbows with Kale and we skipped out of the house together. The weight had finally been lifted off of me and I was free for the first time in seven years.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there you go...the bog event that happened between Danni and Brian. Don't worry, I'm not finished yet. Comments= a faster update