‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

Twelve

I swear on everything that is holy, I will never wear stiletto heels again. If I wasn’t tall enough as it were, then I was a fricking giant now! Kale laughed next to me as we posed for more paparazzi. Why they were taking pictures of us, I have no clue. I guess we looked important or something. Another thing that I will never do ever again is come to anything with Kale as my date. Seriously, the man can deck out and outshine everyone that he’s around.

Speaking of the twat, he elbowed me. “Smile, dammit,” he said through clenched teeth.

“I am, fucker. Remind me to never come to one of these things again,” I said quietly through my smile.

Laughing he twirled me around. “And why not?”

“You’re upstaging me! The dude is supposed to be the background!”

Laughing, he took my elbow and led me away.

“DANNI?!”

I spun around to see his dimpled face above the crowd. Inwardly groaning to myself, but plastered a smile on my face as he picked me up and spun me around.

“I didn’t know that you would be here!”

I pushed my smile further on my face. “Yea, well, wouldn’t want to disappoint anyone. It’s rather rude to get an award and not be present to receive it.”

His smile faltered a little.

“But it’s good to see you again, Matt. I know I didn’t leave on the best of terms.”

His dimples flashed again. “It’s all good. Have you seen the video? It’s kick ass. I’m not surprised it was nominated for a few awards. Say, would you mind doing us a huge favor?”

I was a little on edge. “Like what?”

“Well, we’re playing the song towards the middle of the show. Would you two mind dancing the entire routine onstage with us?”

I looked over at Kale, who shrugged. “I have no problem with it,” he said.

I looked back at Matt. “Ok, we’ll do it, but on two conditions.”

“Which are?”

“1. I dance barefoot and 2. I get to mess with you and the rest of the guys during the intro.”

“You drive a hard bargain, but deal,” he struck out his hands for me to shake. “Give me your digits so I can text you when we have to get ready.”

I gave them to him.

“Danni, we need to find our seats,” Kale nudged my side. I knew that he could sense the awkwardness.

“Well, I wish you the best of luck. See you later.” I forced a smile in goodbye.

“Well, if that wasn’t fun,” Kale voiced as we took our seats.

I shoved him in annoyance.

“Why did you agree to the dance?”

I smiled wickidly at him. “Weren’t you the one saying that I needed to cause some damage and something about the perfect revenge?”

His face dawned in understanding. “Danni, you’re a fucking genius.”

“Well, duh!”

“Excuse me,” someone coughed above me. My face instantly hardened when I saw the voice’s owner. “But you’re in our seats. I believe yours are further down in the row.”

Casting a flustered look at Kale, I got up and moved over to my proper seat. Kale grabbed my hand and squeezed it in a reassuring way.

I couldn’t believe that two seats down, they were sitting with their girlfriends, happy as can be. Somehow, my evening didn’t look as wonderful as it had a few seconds earlier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, filler-esque, and impromptu, but I had to get it out of my head. Drama to come in the next chapter, trust me. And I've decided to keep the 2 comment rule.