‹ Prequel: Vodka and Lemonade
Sequel: Rum and Coke
Status: Completed

Gin and Juice

nineteen

“Are we there yet?” I complained. Kale was walking behind me with his hands over my eyes.

“You are so impatient.”

“No, just a very weak bladder, now hurry the fuck up, dammit!”

Chuckling, he reached around me and I could hear the jingle of keys. A few clicks later, he pushed me again and took his hands off my eyes. “Welcome to our new home.”

We were standing in a medium sized house in upstate New York. Awestruck, I forgot about my bladder and walked through the house. The walls were painted in three pastel colors: blue, green, and yellow, all with white trim.

“There’s more.” Kale drug me down to the basement. Grinning widely, he opened the door to reveal a fully equipped dance studio.

“Kale, I love you.” I said, completely shocked.

“Honey, get in line.” He pulled me into the middle of the floor. Still grinning widely, he walked over to the small stereo on the long, mirror covered wall and pushed play.

I laughed when his techno re-mix of “Once Upon a December.” Shaking my head, I kicked off my flip-flops and ran into his arms. “You’re such a dork!” When the CD was completely finished and we had tired ourselves out from dancing, we collapsed in the middle of the floor.

“Well, that was fun,” Kale laughed when he finally got his breath.

“Yea,” I breathed out. I was strewn across his torso. “So, what’s for dinner, Magic Man?”

“What the fuck are you on?”

“Hunger, now make me food.” I snapped, getting up into a sitting position.

“Is that all you use me for?”

“Pretty much.” I replied with a roll of my eye as I helped him up. “Shit! Make me food while I piss, yea?” I asked, not waiting for his reply as I sprinted up the stairs and into the nearest bathroom…which just so happened to be on the second floor. I’m going to kill whoever designed this house.

“You okay, Little D?” Kale called as I stepped out of the small room.

I followed the sensual smell of stir-fry into the kitchen. “Yea, my bladder has just been all wonky for the past two months.”

“Maybe you need to see a doctor about it.” He said, not even looking at me.

I snagged a warm Pepsi out of the pantry and chugged. “Nah, I don’t think I will. It’s probably a side effect of all the drugs.”

He shook his head disapprovingly but didn’t say anything.

Shrugging in silent reply, I went back upstairs to unpack as much of my bedroom as I could. Personally, I didn’t care what my bedroom “theme” would be or if it would even have one. Décor was strictly in Kale-territory.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short! more tomorrow, I promise! Keep commenting!