One Night to Hear Your Heart

Lala'Belle

It was a quiet morning, I hadn't gotten up this early in week. I headed down the steps to the kitchen with my cup of cocoa and started my precautionary rounds preparing the kitchen, suites, and amenities just in case a potential boarder showed up.

The sky was no longer dark and was now a soft pale blue. I stood before the large windows and gazed out.

It was warm inside but unseasonably cold outside for this early fall.

I sighed heavily but the breath got caught was a bright shinny well kept car cruised up the hill towards Lala'Belle, my Cabin.

I watched for a moment both excited about the potential business and wishing they had just taken a wrong turn.

But they kept driving closer and reality sunk in as they parked. In a fluster I darted to the entrance.

"Are you sure you want to hiatus here?" A man asked I wasn't hoping to eavesdrop but it couldn't be helped.

"I saw the ad way down in the resort listings, it's super private and promises seclusion" spoke a British accent.

"I need that now, to focus on this next album, besides........look how beautiful it is" he added.

"Right, I am just out here at the car if you need me" spoke the other man.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, offering a smile.

"I wouldn't advise that it's far to chilling out and running the heat will kill gas" I said  nodding to the crossover.

My eyes landed on a round sweet face that smiled back at me in amusement. His eyes scanning my blue jeans, work blouse and open fluffy white untied robe.

"Welcome to Lala'Belle Cabin, were relaxation and home comfort is our pride" I said moving to the side holding the door open for my guests.

"Come on in, I've got Tea, coffee, cider, cocoa and Gin if that's your speed at the ready, will warm you right up!" I sang leading them into the Lobby which looked much like a large cozy living room with sofas curving around the fire.

"I am Andy LaBelle I will be your host" I said gesturing for the men to sit.

"Wooow  Ms.LaBelle this place is beautiful" the Brit said looking around. I smiled and returned from the Lobby bar with a tray of all listed hot beverages and some glazed pretzels in a bowl and set it on the wooden coffee table before them.

"Well thank you, this Cabin is older than she looks, but offers her best." I said, I found myself drawn to his blue eyes. He was adorable. And slightly familiar.

"Where have I seen your face?" I thought.

"This coffee is amazing, mind if I ask what kind this is?" The second man asked. He was older had a faint British accent and a personable air about him.

"Local, grown right on this land, I would be proud to give you a bag or too to take home" I offered. He smiled "that would be great!" He said.

The baby faced Brit took a sip of the Gin and looked up at me. "I'm Ed and this is Marcus my driver. I wanted to know if you had any vacancies out of the two suites" Ed said.

I chuckled softly "both are vacant, not many like to get this far away, you may have your pick of the Timber or Cedar suites" I stated. Ed smiled at me.

"Lovely, I'd like to book for two months" he said, my eyes widened for split second. "Alright, well would you like a tour?" I asked recovering but Ed noticed as he chuckled.

"Yes very much so" Ed said turning to Marcus "Hey Mar would you mind bringing in my bag?" He asked. Marcus smiled with a nod and went out.

This Ed seemed to be really friendly with his staff, I could tell he wouldn't be hard to serve during his....long 2 month stay.