Better Than Revenge

Better Than Revenge Chapter 1

I was in my room getting ready. My stomach was in knots as I checked myself out in the mirror. I fixed my cleavage a bit and as my phone buzzed on my bed next to me.
It was him.
I picked up my phone and unlocked it. He texted me telling me he was five minutes away. I sighed and relied, asking what color his car was. I put my phone down and looked at myself in the mirror once again. I started to fluff my hair as my phone buzzed again. I reached for my phone again just as it started to buzz again.
Two texts from him.
He was outside of my house in a gold car. I quickly replied saying that I would be outside in a second.
This was my first date.
I quickly grabbed my work shirt and purse before quickly heading out of my room. I put the house alarm on and headed out of the front door, grabbing my house keys. I saw him pull up to the curb and look over at me.
He looked just like he did in his profile picture.
I gave him a little smile and locked my front door before walking over to him. He started to smile and unlocked the car door for me.
“Hey,” I said getting into his car, giving him a shy smile.
“Hey,” he said back giving me a bright grin.
Amazing smile. Check.
“Where to?” he asked as I put on my seat belt.
“Um…go straight and make a right,” I said putting on my sunglasses.
He started to drive and turned on his turn signal.
Check.
“So, is there a Wawa nearby or something? I really have to pee,” he said stopping at the stop sign.
Check.
I laughed a little. “You could have gone at my house. Just make a U turn.”
“Really?” he asked a little surprised.
“Well, yeah you have to pee let’s go,” and with that he made a quick U turn and headed back to my house.
He pulled up to the curb again and we both got out of the car. We walked up to my house, with me leading the way. I opened the screen door before putting my key into the door.
“Just hurry, I have work in a few,” I said as I turned around to face him. I caught him checking my ass out and I smiled a little at him.
“Gotcha,” he said quickly as I opened my front door.
“Upstairs make a left,” I said as he hurried up the stairs and headed into my bathroom. I quickly turned the alarm off and checked myself out in the hall mirror.
He’s a babe for sure I thought as I waited for him and has a pretty nice body so double check.
He quickly left my bathroom, patting his hands dry.
Check.
“Ready?” I asked smiling at him.
“Yeah, let’s go,” he smiled back. I led us out of the house and towards his car. We both got in and he started it up and headed down the street again.
As we drove we made little small talk, while I showed him around my home town and gave him directions.
He’s from New Jersey and wasn’t familiar with Philadelphia. The trip from his house to mine was about forty five minutes or so, maybe a little more due to rush hour. He’s my age, just a little younger.
We finally reached the yogurt place near my job and headed towards the building.
“So, you really think smoking is sexy?” He asked remembering our phone conversation the other day.
I blushed. “Yes… it’s weird but it works in your favor,” I said leading the way. “Have you ever been to a frozen yogurt place before?” I asked as he opened the door for me.
Check.
“No actually,” he said following me in side.
I smiled and said hi to the manager as I lead him over to the where the cups where. “I used to work here,” I explained to him.
“Oh okay,” he said as I grabbed a small cup.
“Okay, so grab a cup and start to fill it up with yogurt and toppings. I recommend Oreos at the bottom for a nice little surprise then Oreo yogurt on top with whipped cream. That’s my usual,” I said as I started to make my concoction. “I don’t recommend using candy, it gets cold and hard to eat.”
He smiled. “Alright,” I watched him make his yogurt and he took my advice about the Oreos on the bottom and choose chocolate yogurt on top with some candy.
Once we were done we headed over to the cashier.
“I got her’s too,” he said to her as he smiled a little bit.
Check.
“Okay,” the cashier said as she rung up our order. He paid with cash and I grabbed two spoons for us. We walked over to the seating area and deiced to sit outside, since it was so nice out.
We sat across from each other and chatted some more.
He told me about his family and I did the same. He’s adopted has one biological sister and one adopted sister. He started college but ended up dropping out, school isn’t for everyone. He is currently between jobs at a supermarket and a gas station as a gas pumper, while he waits to hear back from the Marines.
He’s funny and genuine.
“Still on to hang out tomorrow?” he asked me after a while of talking and eating.
“Yeah, sure. Sorry that I got called into work during our date. But um…what time?” I asked.
“Well…I have court in the morning…I got arrested...” he did a little nervous chuckle.
“What?” I asked giving him a weird look.
“I was taking a fellow Marine home and stopped to get some ice cream a lot the way. While I was there I had to open my trunk because my car was running low on coolant. She saw that I had a BB gun in my trunk took it out and fired it off… and hit a police car…”
“What?” I exclaimed.
“Yeah… so I have to go to court tomorrow and take care of things. I’m trying to get it off my record.”
“Well, best of luck with that,” I said.
Was being a felon a deal breaker?
“So…what time tomorrow?”
“How about five?” I asked.
“That should work,” he said. “How long is your shift at work?”
“Today? Like two hours. It’ll be dead and I already worked this morning. I’m just covering a shift for my coworker.”
“Would you care if I hung around and waited for you?”
I smiled. “No…”
He smiled. “Sounds good. Plus I could go for some pizza.”
I smiled. “Just so you know…I’m a handful. I’m crazy, I’m loud and so are my friends. I will call you out on your shit and I will make sure you learn your lesson. I’ll be straight up with you and you will know when you fuck up and so will my friends. With all that being said can you handle that?”
He smiled, “I can”.
“I’m also going to school in Chicago. I took a year off and I go back in September.”
His smiled faded. “Why Chicago?”
“Because I need to get the hell out of here and that was the only school to except me.”
“Okay…”
“Are you cool with that?”
He was silent for a while, “we will cross that bridge when we get there.”
I smiled before looking at my phone. “I have work in five minutes,” I said standing up.
He throw out our trash and led me too his car.
He has a great ass.
Check.
We got into his car and I directed him up the street to my job. A local pizza place. He dropped me off at the door and I quickly got out.
“I’ll meet you inside, I’m going to smoke for a little bit,” he said.
I smiled. “Alright, I’ll see you soon Rob,” and with that I walked inside.