Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Under Your Skin

It takes Tyler almost a week to contact me again after out little outing and I actually thought that he had already given up on me, but I got my hopes up for nothing. It's a stress free work week this week for me since the boys are on the road leaving my schedule rather open and I fill it by going to the cheer gym Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm driving to the gym Thursday after my big girl job to work with the mini team when my phone chirps in the cup holder on my right. Risking my safety I grab the cellphone seeing that the message is from Tyler. I respond once while driving, and the rest after pulling my Jeep into the parking lot.

T: hey what're you doing?
A: driving to the gym.. Why?
T: what're you doing tonight?
A: nothing, I won't be home until 8 or later..
T: perfect, my party doesn’t start until 8 you'll be fashionably late ;)
A: I didn't agree to come over, Seguin.
T: friends hangout, so yeah you're coming over bring Hannah and your swim suits.
A: it's almost November..
T: it's also still 80 degrees and my pools heated.
A: fine, I'll probably be sore anyway. Text me your address, I have flips to do :P

Hannah thinks I'm joking when I tell her to pack our bathing suits and to be waiting when I get home but I assure her I'm not crazy. The ab circuit the girls and I run through tonight absolutely kills me and I'm silently praying Ty has a hot tub too! I work with the 10 and under team getting ready for their competition in Austin next weekend, it's go time for the girls to get their bids for Worlds and as a coach I want one of my teams to get there just so I can go to Disneyworld for a week! The little girls fizz out of energy by 7 and we decide to call it a night and I'm glad that gives me time to not look like such a hot mess when we go to Tyler's. I roll up the fall mats in record time and beeline to my Jeep waving goodbye without stopping on my way out.

"Han, I'm home." I call out stripping out of my sweaty clothes as I walk through the apartment. I find Hannah in my room digging through my bikini collection and she jumps as I enter the room half naked, "You're home early, why are you naked?" She laughs and I stick my tongue out at her walking through to my bathroom.

"I'm rinsing off the sweat and getting dressed then we can go, are you already wearing your suit?" I call out over the running water and I receive a 'yes' from the blonde as I quickly wash off my body in the sink and retie my hair into yet another messy bun. I throw on my black and lilac bikini covering it up with jean shorts and a tank top before meeting Hannah in the kitchen wearing almost the same outfit.

"Remind me again why we're going to Tyler's house if there is 'NOTHING' going on with you two?" Hannah questions using air quotes for emphasis as we load up into my car and I give her an honest answer. "Tonight I'm using him for his pool, and we're friends. Friends hang out."

The GPS leads us into a ritzy neighborhood, and when I say ritzy I mean it because my parent's house is no slum but the houses out here make it appear as one. Cars, trucks, and SUV's line the street at our destination and I parallel park behind a Range Rover before hopping out and admiring Tyler's mansion. "Holy shit, this place is nice." Hannah lets out and I agree my eye still scanning the residence.

As we walk up the driveway the front door flings open and out steps Tyler, shirtless with board shorts hanging low on his hips. He looks damn good and I wish I had sunglasses on so that I could stare some more but for the sake of our 'friendship' I tear my eyes away from his sculpted torso. "You made it! And you're not even that late!" Tyler pulls me into his side in a half assed hug while Hannah just stands there, "Hey Hannah, good to see you again."

"Yeah, you too Tyler. Nice place," She smiles at him eyeing the interaction between us, he notices the way she's looking at us and he lets go of my shoulders.

"Thanks, come on in everyone is outside for the most part."

We step inside and I see that the house is even more gorgeous on the inside, music is playing from hidden speakers and the sliding glass door is open allowing people to roam inside and out.

"Do you guys want a drink? Beer is outside girly stuff is in here." Tyler adds nodding his head to the kitchen island full of alcohol bottles.

I look over at Hannah and without saying anything I know we're on the same page as we both say, "Beer," in unison. Tyler laughs and leads us outside running into none other than Jamie Benn on his way out the door. I should have known most of the people here were his teammates but I didn’t even think about how Hannah would handle being in the same house as her favorite sports team.

"Hey, Jamie this is Adleigh and her roommate Hannah." Tyler introduces us and I shake Jamie's hand and he waves over at Hannah who looks like she's frozen.

"Nice to meet you Adleigh, I've heard way too much about you from Segs. I'm glad to finally see someone isn't taking his bait." Jamie shoves Tyler and he just rolls his eyes but I can see a little blush on his cheeks. "He claims I'll fall for it eventually but, I'm not so sure."

"Haha, very funny you two. How about we make use of the pool? You said you were going to be sore, Ads."

"Trust me, I am! Our trainer kicked everyone's ass tonight with the ab circuit." The four of us make it outside to the patio where about 10 other people are standing around, most of them are guys his teammates I assume with a few of what I assume to be their girlfriends wandering around.

"You into cross fit or something?" Jamie remarks as I pull my tank top over my head his eyes and Tyler's both going straight to the abs I've sculpted over the past 15 years of elite cheering.

"No way! I tried that once, almost died. But, umm I'm a cheerleader? Well I was, I guess I'm just a coach now…" I state while shimmying out of my shorts I toss them in a pile on one of the chairs and look over at the pool. Two girls are talking in a corner and I've already lost Hannah who's dressed in an all-black Triangl bikini talking to one of the other Star's players, guess she found her voice.

"Almost died doing cross fit but can throw a hundred round offs in a row?" Tyler asks and I look over at the tall hockey player, placing my hands on my hips I laugh at Tyler's lack of cheerleading knowledge.

"Do you even know what a round off is?" I counter my eyebrows risen.

"Not a clue, isn't that a backflip? I Googled Cheer Athletics and if you can do half the crap I saw on YouTube you're amazing." I scoff, was his new favorite hobby Googling me?!

"Damn, you're still stalking me Segs?" I walk over to the edge of the pool and he follows me, "A little, can you still throw those tricks? You never told me why you 'retired'?"

I plop down on the edge dangling my feet in the warm, but still refreshing water. "Old age."

Tyler sits down beside me and looks over at me like he's not buying what I'm trying to sell. "No, actually I've had a bad ankle since I was 19 but I kept going with it. Last season I just couldn’t take it anymore, I had my degree and a job offer so I quit and finally had the reconstructive surgery. It was the best decision, even if I do miss it like crazy."

"Do you ever just cheer for fun? I mean you do work at a cheer gym."

"All the time, I stand in for stunts sometimes and I'm literally always throwing passes. Tumbling is my favorite thing about cheer, I probably should have just done gymnastics actually. My parents always joked that I'm happier when I'm upside down." I feel my lips curling into a smile as I talk about my favorite thing in the whole world.

Tyler nudges me with his shoulder "I guess you'll have to show me what you've got sometime then, Ads." I slide the rest of my body into the water my back arching as it adjusts to the temperature change and I know Tyler's eyes are directed to my chest. "In your dreams, Ty."

I end up mingling and meeting almost all of Tyler's younger teammates, you know the ones who aren't all wifed up with kids running around and to my surprise we all get along very well. Hannah loosens up and even has a conversation with Jamie without stuttering or confessing her love for him, which is both shocking and impressive and most likely due to the multitude of beers she's had.

Hopefully she's got an easy day at work tomorrow or she's going to be paying for tonight's adventure all day tomorrow. People are starting to leave and I'm wrapped up in one of Tyler's extremely fluffy towels next to the fire pit when I feel a body plop down beside me. I'm expecting a drunken Hannah but to my surprise it's Tyler, the smell of his cologne is still somehow lingering on him even after he's been in the pool.

"Have you seen Hannah?" I ask and Tyler lets out a long 'uhh' as he thinks of where he had last seen the tiny blonde.

"You know I think she might be passed out on my couch? There's a blonde in there and Emma and Cody left an hour ago, so it must be her." I groan, why did I let her drink?! One day I will force her to be the DD and make her carry my ass upstairs for a change.

"Great, I'm blaming this on you just so you know." I pout and Tyler fakes a gasp.

"Me? How is it my fault she got drunk?"

"You told me to bring her into a house full of her favorite athletes! She got drunk so she could talk without stuttering or passing out!"

"Touché, she's funny you should bring her around more often."

"Who says I'm going to be around more often?" I shift so that my knees are pulled into my chest as a breeze blows through making me colder than I already was.

"I do, how am I supposed to crack you if you won't hang out with me?"

"That’s a part of my master plan, not letting you in and all. Besides, you're too busy for me Mr. Hot shot NHL player." I standup grabbing my shirt and shorts and sliding back into them even though they're not much warmer than the bikini by itself. My whole body shivers as I follow Tyler into the house and see that Hannah is in fact passed out on Tyler's couch with one of his dogs. "Shit, now I have to carry her outside."

"I'll get her, are you cold?" I rub my hands down my arms trying to combat the goosebumps.

"No, I mean yes but I'm fine."

"Don't wake her up yet, I'll get you a sweatshirt." Tyler's gone in a flash and returns not a minute later after running upstairs his top half now covered in a Dallas Stars sweatshirt and he's holding another one in his hands. "Here, keep it I have plenty." I roll my eyes but graciously accept the warmth that his shirt brings me as it covers my body all the way down to the middle of my thighs. "Thanks, Ty."

I pick at the corner of the black material, a tiny 91 is stitched in white. "Still trying to get me to wear your number, huh?" He walks over sliding his arms under Hannah and picking her up like she's as light as a feather.

"You'll give in eventually. Not going to lie it looks almost as good on you as it does on me." He winks back at me as he begins walking outside to my Jeep. I unlock the car from behind and watch he slides Hannah into the leather seat crossing his arms over his chest when he's finished, he looks down at me as I stand there half clad in his clothes.

"Thank you, for this. And for tonight, and the sweatshirt. It really was fun, Tyler even if you are a pain in my ass." Tyler grins and I have to chew on the inside of my cheek to not return the smile.

"Anytime Ads, you know I hear the Cowboys are gone this weekend.."

"You heard correctly,"

"What are the chances that you root for a different Dallas team this weekend, say maybe your favorite #91?"

"Hmm, I'll have to check my schedule.. But I could maybe squeeze in a hockey game, I hear the Stars can use all the fans they can get."

"You're so mean Adleigh, what's your middle name?"

"Don't laugh, it's Ruth."

Tyler bites back a chuckle and I make a pouty noise, "You're very mean Adleigh Ruth, let me know if you're in for Saturday night. If we win we're all going out."

"Will do, Tyler Paul."

"Stalker," Tyler says just loud enough that I can hear him as he walks back up the drive way. Pulling open the door it squeaks slightly but Hannah doesn’t even stir and as I turn the key in the ignition I huff, the smell of Tyler is radiating off of my body and it smells sooo good I can hardly focus. He's slowly getting to me and I think I'm letting him, I really need to step up my game or maybe I should just let the boy in.

Laying my head on the steering wheel I groan, "Fuck me, why is he so hot."

Hannah picks that moment to move in her seat, gibberish falling from her mouth as she turns to lay on the cool window. "Just give in, Ads."

If only it were that easy, Han.