‹ Prequel: In the End

Unbroken

Chapter 8

It was dark, dark enough where I couldn't see anything. The wind blew through my hair as I keep walking and I have my arms around myself to keep warm. I'd hear the occasional owl hooting from a tree branch or the sound of crickets but other than that- it's pure silence. I could hear my own heart beat rapidly in my chest as I took step after cautious step.

Then all of a sudden, I hear a loud bang! A noise that sounds almost like a gunshot and I go away, not even bothering with what's in front of me. I keep running and running until two figures start coming into my vision and they're hovering over a small frame, as I approach, it's the two men hanging over Blayde. I scream and try to hurl myself in front of her, but there seems to be a veil like a barrier that keeps me from her no matter how hard I try to break through it.

"Blayde! Run! Run away! They're dangerous!" I scream but to no avail as I watch as they throw pipebombs at her and end up falling to my knees begging and pleading as I hear explosions go off.

I wake up, gasping real quietly in a cold sweat with my heart racing before I then look around and see we're in bed inside our hotel room in Sydney, Australia because Andy and I had flown here a few hours ago because we're nearing the end of Andy's Homecoming Tour. I look over at my sleeping husband, who was sprawled out on the bed, his blonde hair in a complete mess and I slowly get up, so I don't disturb him or accidentally wake him up.

I walk over to the window, and I look out the window at the late night sky. It still hurt my body to kind of step after what happened back when we were in Osaka, Japan, and the pipe bomb explosions. I still feel confused as to why it happened and I don't understand why two people would gather so much motivation to hurt my family or me, but I'm lucky that I'm still here and breathing because whoever knows what could happen if it had gotten any worse than that. I slowly wipe away a tear that has fallen my cheek.

"Faith?" I turn around to see Andy, who's now awake and is laying on his side, his blue eyes watching me with a unique glimmer. "Is everything okay, honey?"

I just shake my head, and Andy gets up out of bed. He slowly walks over to me, his ice blue eyes sad but warm, loving and he gently puts his arms around my waist, his hands rest on my hips.

Andy then pulls me close to him, and I rest my head firmly on his chest, on the dragon tattoo. I listen to his gentle breathing and heart beat as his fingers lightly run through my hair and he rubs my back with the other hand. I carefully trace the scales of the dragon tattoo on Andy's chest, and he looks down at me, I move so my chin's on his chest as I look up at him as he slowly nuzzles against my cheek.

"You gonna tell me what's on your mind, baby?" Andy murmurs as his breath lightly brush against my skin, causing me to shiver a little before he rests his forehead on mine and our eyes meet. His hand cups my cheek and his fingertips lightly drag along my jawline.

"I just keep dreaming about what happened when we were back in Japan," I say as I feel tears come to my eyes and they start falling my cheeks. "I keep hearing the sounds of the pipe bombs exploding every single time I try to close my eyes. I'm so afraid that it's going to happen again while we're here and I.. I don't know what to do. I feel so helpless, and I don't know what to do about it."

I then start hyperventilating again as I avoid his eyes. Andy lifts my chin up with his thumb, and he has me look into his calm and sharp ice blue eyes once more.

"Shh, Faith. Settle down, love," Andy whispers against me. "Sweetheart, it's just a nightmare. You know it's just a nightmare. You've never been helpless, either. I've always been here to help fix whatever's wrong, make sure that everything's okay and stay by your side through it all. I'm not going to let those two fuckers try and tear us apart or hurt our family more than they already have. You know that."

I slowly nod against Andy's skin and try to get my breathing back to calm again. It took a moment or two for me to get back to normal, I may have already started shaking either because of the cold room or in fear because I feel Andy's arms tighten around me. He softly presses a kiss onto my forehead before moving away strands of my hair away from my face.

"Everything is gonna be okay from now on, honey," Andy says as our eyes meet once again. "Even if something does go wrong, I promised you that I'd protect you and keep you safe. Nothing will ever get in the way of that or get in the way of us. Okay?"

"Okay," I say, and he pecks my lips before he lifts me up into the air, making a soft squeal come out of me as he sets me back down on the pillows and mattress.

He slowly crawls over me and leans over me, using his arms as a support for his balance. He kisses me softly before he turns onto his side and holds me to his chest, my head resting back on the dragon tattooed there.

"You know, it's funny," I say, and Andy looks down at me in confusion, raising a brow.

"What is, sweetheart?" Andy asks, as his hand rubs soft but loving circles into my back and massages my skin.

"The fact that you've stayed no matter how much danger gets thrown into my life," I begin, my fingers runs through his short blonde hair.

"Lacey. Darling, I don't care about the danger that gets thrown in our way from time to time just because I chose to fall in love with you or spend the rest of my life with you," Andy murmurs as he takes a minute to rest his forehead up against mine. His hand was gently cupping my cheek. "What I do care about is you, how we feel, how we act towards each other and the everlasting bond we've created and continue to build because of it. Protecting you from whatever lurks in the shadows or keeping you safe from their harm isn't just what I chose deep down in my heart and soul to sign up for. There's also the fact that I get to see your beautiful face every day and love you, care for you, watch you become who you set out to be, which is why I stayed and will continue to stay. I want to be able to stand by your side day in, day out for the rest of our lives together, Faith."

A few minutes later after I caught my breath from the statement that Andy said to me, I look into his ice blue eyes. I kiss him because I couldn't speak after listening to such beautiful words, his way of speaking always gets to me every time. He holds me closer to his side as he drapes his arm around my shoulders before breaking our kiss. He just smiles slightly at me, before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Can I be completely honest with you, sweetheart?" Andy whispers into my hair as he moves a strand behind my ear.

"I would hope so after saying something so beautiful as you always do, babe," I say, my breath brushing against him as my fingers trace his skin.

"I'm glad our lives ended up the way they did," Andy murmurs. "Before we met, I had just gotten out of making the most difficult decision of my life; that was ending a relationship that I put my heart and soul into making it happen. I wanted nothing to do with any commitment or relationships at all after the pain I went through. Then, that night when I first saw you, everything changed. You were different because you practically went through hell to get here, you've become a survivor in your way. That's when I knew I had to be with you, because not only have you had your wounds and scars from the past but so did I. In a way, I could help heal your wounds, and you could fix the things that became broken inside myself as well."

"So, you mean that you're thankful we ended up together because we healed something within ourselves?" I say as I look into his warm ice blue eyes again.

"That's what I mean, darling," Andy murmurs as he presses a kiss onto my head, his hand runs through my black and silver locks. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me because of it."

I smile as I lean up and kiss the dragon tattoo that lays on Andy's pale, muscular chest.

"Well, I'd probably be dead somewhere if it hadn't been for you coming into my life and saving me," I say. "So, it seems we both are the best things that happened to each other."

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Andy's arms tighten around me and presses a kiss onto my temple. "I would fight for your life a million times over, my love. You're worth it- the danger, the scars, the nightmares. Seeing you happy because I make you happy and seeing you smile whenever I reach out to you makes it all worth it."

"I love you so much, my Moonlight," I say, and Andy lightly kisses my lips before resting his chin on my head.

"I love you more, my Faith," Andy whispers as his hand rubs my back, he traces my spine with his fingers. "I promise you, sweetheart, nothing is going to hurt you or our family. They'll have to go through me to do it."

I slowly nod against his skin, and I begin to close my eyes as Andy starts to sing softly in my ear and sleep starts to settle over me.

The following day, I've dressed in a long sleeved red bodysuit that shows off the tops of my shoulders with a pair of black leather bellbottoms. I wear my Faith necklace, a gold bracelet with spikes, my gold hoop earrings, my cross and moon rings that are also gold, my hair is up in a bun.

I have to dress rather warmly because it's winter here in Australia, unlike it being summer in the US. I also have Blayde wearing a red sweater, a black skirt with leggings and her flats. Even though it's exciting to be here, I can't help but feel a little bit nervous because of the explosions back in Japan. My worse fear is that the two men who threw those bombs at us would have found their way here. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't shake it away.

"Faith?" I hear Andy's voice, and it snaps me out of my thoughts and back to reality. Andy's standing in front of me with his arms crossed, he's wearing one of his Bengals jerseys and a thermal underneath to keep him warm in the Australian cold weather.

"Huh? Sorry, Moonlight," I say as I look down and blush. I then hear an amused chuckle escape from Andy's lips as he takes another step forward and lifts my chin up with his thumb and forefinger.

"That's all right, baby," Andy says, pecking my lips. "I just wanted to tell you that we have to go to the venue soon. Ready to go, sweetheart?"

I look at him for a minute before I take a deep breath and watch as Andy raises a brow at me. I then let that breath go, and Andy gets the hint. He pulls me into his arms for comfort as I rest my head on his collarbone.

"Love, nothing's going to hurt us," Andy murmurs as he softly presses a kiss to my forehead. "Sure. People have tried to tear us apart before in the past but you and me, we're a strong enough force to take out anyone who gets in our way, and that's one thing for fucking sure that will never change. So, don't worry. I promise everything's going to be just fine and we're safe."

"Okay," Andy kisses me softly before taking my hand and Blayde's, and we walk out of the hotel room. We wind up taking a van to the venue where Andy's playing tonight. We arrive at the venue, which is The Metro Theatre and I just hang out backstage while Andy gets ready to play his show, and as he does so, he does goofy gestures and things to make me laugh. He wants me to take my mind off what happened a couple of days ago, and I smile in appreciation at his kind gesture.

As Andy finishes getting ready and it's just him and me in the room, I just walk over and rest my head on Andy's chest. He smiles into my hair, and he holds me to his body with his arms around my waist.

"Have a great show, Light," I murmur into his chest. "And be careful."

Andy's fingers run through my hair, and he takes a breath against me and his eyes become more worried than happy as he has been earlier.

"I'll be okay, Faith," Andy whispers, lifting my chin up with his thumb. "After what happened back in Japan, our security's heightened in case something were to go wrong; they'll be able to handle it."

"I know, Light, but I just.." I tried to speak, but Andy cut me off with a tender kiss and my breath left with it. He doesn't want me to worry because he knows nothing bad is going to happen tonight. If a set bad thing does happen, he'll keep me safe like he always promises me that he would.

"Faith, Listen to me, sweetheart," Andy says when we've pulled apart, his hands move up to cup my cheeks. "Everything's going to be just fine, love. Nothing's going to ruin tonight because all I want is to sing for the fans and have my beautiful wife and my adorable daughter stand side stage and be able to see me play without constantly looking over their shoulders or fearing the worst thing that might happen to them. Is that such a crime? Hmm? Is it?"

Now it's my turn to take a breath, and I take a heavy one at that.

"No. It's not." I whisper, and Andy kisses my forehead softly.

"Then don't be so worried, honey," Andy tells me.

I nod before he kisses my lips again and I pick Blayde up, we walk with him to the curtain where he'll be going onstage, he then lightly squeezes my hand, I give him a kiss on the cheek. He then turns and puts his hands on my shoulders for a second before he squeezes us to him.

"I love you both," Andy tells me. "Trust me; everything's going to be all right. I promise."

"We love you too," I say before he pecks my lips and Blayde's forehead and walks out onto the stage and the crowd cheers. He plays his set and dedicates Paint It Black for me, and it made me melt with the way he's singing the song this time around.

He sings with a soft and intimate feel, almost like I'm the only one in the room and he's singing to me, my heart skips beats because I'm so in love with him. Before I knew it, I notice there's a break in the song, and I see Andy has stepped to me, extending his hand. I smile as I set Blayde on her feet, she stays right outside the curtain.

"May I have this dance, my beautiful Lacey?" Andy asks in the funniest voice, and I start giggling at him before putting my hand in his. He then walks me out onto the stage, and the crowd of fans goes crazy. I wave at them, and Andy starts to pull me into a dance. I continue my fit of laughter and giggles into his skin as we step in tune. He smiles at me and spins me around. I hear a bunch of 'aww's coming from the fans and it put me at ease, and I almost relax against his body.

Andy's right, I thought. There's nothing bad that's going to happen while he plays this show. Maybe it's all in my head, and I'm freaking out over nothing.

"I told you that there's nothing to be worried about, my Faith," Andy whispers in my ear and his breath brushing my skin makes shivers crawl up and down my spine. "I'm glad you chose to listen to my word, and you know my word's always right."

The dance ends with Andy resting his forehead on mine and Andy kisses my forehead, brushes his nose against mine and kisses me tenderly, and that causes the crowd to roar and cheer. We break apart; he gives me this cute side smile of his before he lets me go stand back side stage as he continues to sing the rest of Paint It Black.

"Thank you guys for being so kind to Lacey when I brought her out here," Andy says into the microphone after the music stops. "A few nights ago, we had two thugs sneak into the show and throw pipe bombs full of glass at us. Lacey's worried and scared that something bad's going to happen again and I just wanted her to come out here and see that there are people who do genuinely care about her and love her as much as I do and that everything's going to be all right. So, thank you for helping me ease her worries and letting her forget the bad that's happened to us on this tour cycle and reassure her to move on and get her strength back. Thanks again."

I have the best and most wonderful husband in the entire world. I wipe a tear that threatens to fall against my cheek because I'm just so happy and grateful to Andy for everything he's done for me in the last few years of our relationship. Andy has sacrificed it all for me; he's got scars from when he physically put his body on the line to save mine over and over. This man is my entire world and my whole existence and future, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The rest of the Australian tour passes like a flash; we hit Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth and every show's incredible. I've never had so much fun on tour with my husband and my daughter. We then arrive back in LA and I'm just exhausted, but I then realize that I have to film the video for 'Take Me Down' and Andy and I need to start moving into our new home. This house that we've lived in's lovely but we need more space in case I ever get pregnant again, and we can make room for our future second baby if we need to.

The new house that we're moving into is a beautiful eight-room house that's gray on the outside and has black shutters around the windows. It's built modern and has a Victorian feel throughout it. Our room is the big loft upstairs, and Blayde's room is right across from ours, the extra bedrooms are areas where we'll use for when we have more kids, at least Andy and I want three children. The eighth room will be converted into a studio for us to use for our bands and for in case we have new music on the brain, with our guitars on the wall for use, and awards display for our awards that we've won over the years.

Our room is lovely; our king sized bed lays in the center, and Andy has pinned his banners and posters along the walls, and I put mine down too. Our bed has a theme of black and crimson red, crimson red sheets and black comforter, black and crimson pillows; it also has a huge walk-in closet that I've converted into my personal office as well. It's truly a beautiful home, and it's everything I've ever dreamed. I then walk out onto our huge back porch and take it all in and smile.

I then feel a pair of loving arms around my waist, and I lean back against the chest that presses itself against my back. Andy. I feel Andy's nose brush against my cheek as he presses a kiss onto my temple.

"What do you think, beautiful?" Andy murmurs into my hair.

"It's incredible, Andy," I say. "Like, this is the house that I dreamed for, I told my parents and Jayde about when I was a little kid. I'd say that I wanted a home with a wonderful man who loves me and a beautiful little girl or boy to greet me at the door from a hard day's work. I finally have it, with the man of my dreams."

Andy presses a couple of kisses on my shoulder before turning me, so our eyes meet each other. His hand cups my cheek softly.

"That's why you and I are so similar," Andy says. "If there's anything I could've ever wanted out of life, I'd want you to live it with me. You're my fire, Lacey. You keep me going, and nothing means more to me than giving you the home that you dreamed."

I smile brightly and press my lips to his, kissing him deeply for a few minutes and his arms hold my waist and bring me closer to his body.

"I love you so much, Andy," I say and Andy kisses me again.

"I love you too, my Lacey. Also, baby, that's impossible." Andy whispers and I giggle as he carries me back inside our new home.

The next day is the filming for the music video for 'Take Me Down', which is at the studio where my band and I have been working hard on Who You Selling For. We film in there of me singing and playing electric guitar and singing with our back up vocalists.I'm just dressed in a black tank top with a crescent moon design on it and a pair of black leather bellbottoms and it was a great video to work on and I'm excited for the fans to see it.