Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Catch Up

"Charlie, guess who is coming tonight to watch?" Taylor smirks.

"I don't know what you are saying Crosby so stop." I reply.

"Come on, he didn't travel all the way to Canada to see me play."
I'm sitting with my good friend, Taylor Crosby, at the local coffee shop in Rimouski. We are in town to play Taylor's team later tonight. Taylor is talking about her older brother and NHL superstar Sidney Crosby. He traveled back to Canada to watch their game. Charlie has been friends with Taylor since they met back at the Team Canada hockey camp and roomed together also with Kathryn, Charlie's teammate in Minnesota.

"How's Kath?" Taylor asks.

"Busy, with captain duties but good. No rest time."

She smiles, "Typical, what have you been up to?" She sips on her drink.

"Hockey, school, and paying the apartment bills." I sigh. "I have no social life, what about you?"

"Well between hockey and school, I haven't had much time for anything, but I managed to meet someone that I think I'm interested in. We will see"

I raise my eyebrows. "Spill"

Taylor chuckles. "Centre of the team here in Rimouski, his name is Tyler. We have been on two dates, it's hard with our schedule."

"He sounds cute but be careful." I eyed her.

She rolls her eyes. "Like I haven't heard this before."

"Tay, I love you but your last name comes with a territory."

"Speaking of my last name, have you seen Sid or anything?" I met Sid at Team Canada camp and he has stopped by the rink to watch practice. I have the biggest crush and Taylor knows too. He is the best player in the NHL, world even. I admire his work ethic and dedication to hockey so much. But what makes me think he knows I exist? "He asked about you Charlie, how your game is and if I have talked to you for a bit. I think he is interested. "

"Oh stop, I doubt he remembers my name."

"We will see, you coming out with me after the game?"

"Yeah, I doubt Kath but I will come."

"Good." We keep talking about hockey until it is time to leave.

"Goodluck Crosby, you will need it." I wink and hug her.

"Don't make me save those rockets of yours."

"You will." I leave the cafe and head back to the hotel for a nap and to get ready. Kathryn and I room together but we both know better then to disturb each other before games. Kath is our captain and leads the team in assists. I lead in overall points and am the alternate captain. I have a two hour nap before heading to the gym in the hotel, 5 minutes on the bike, and 3 on the treadmill and I finish with squats. My ten minute warmup is over and I head to the shower. Once out of the shower I get my game outfit on: yoga pants and my team jacket. I braid my hair and put my headphones in. We load the bus and head to the arena.
♠ ♠ ♠
check out the polyvores for this story under captaincrosbyy :)