Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Prague?

It was a bittersweet ending to the season for Sidney and I. A season that had so many good memories for us had finished and although I wanted Sidney to go farther in the playoffs and try to win a Stanley Cup again, I was excited for our off season together or the two months that we would be together for. The locker room was very sad in the Madison Garden after their loss in OT to end the series. People had told me how players react after losing in the playoffs and I know from experience it is hard, but I also don’t know what it feels like to have a chance to win a Stanley Cup. I just hoped Sidney took it well, the interviews were very quick and I took Estelle from Vero so she could go console her husband, Marc. I felt bad for Flower, he had an amazing playoffs and really kept Pittsburgh in it when they weren’t scoring.

I play with Estelle until Sidney comes out of the locker room letting us and his family in. Sidney looks upset but he puts on a brave face. I kiss his cheek and go to take Estelle to see her daddy. Before I let her go to Flower I tell her to run and go tell her dad she loves him and kiss him. She does and you see s small smile on Marc. I smile and walk back over to Sidney. He is talking to his parents and Taylor. I stand beside Sid trying to listen to the conversation that is going on. Sidney laces his fingers with mine and I give his hand a squeeze which he returns.
Soon everyone has their equipment off and all the players were at their stall with their families. First Coach Johnston spoke up and said something. “I know it always stings right now and many of you are upset. Well we all are, some of you have already won a cup, and some of you are trying to win your first won. Obviously the goal at the start of the year was to do our best and contend to win a Stanley Cup. All the games this series have been within one goal, credits to Rangers, they have a great goaltender but we have a better one. Flower you have been the backbone and I hope you don’t beat yourself up too much. We all love you. Sid.”

Johnston calls upon Sid to say something. Sid lets go of my hand and walks to in front of the Pittsburgh logo. “Well boys there isn’t anything we need to hang our heads for we battled hard, kept ourselves in the series, and we worked together. We tried our best. Flower you were amazing, hats off to you. Unreal buddy, some of us hadn’t played as well as we had wanted but at the end of the day we are a team. We win together, lose together and experience everything together. Through the ups and downs this season from the long list of injuries we never gave up. On any given day we were a good enough team to win every night. Thanks for a great season boys.” Sid sits back down and I put my head on his shoulder.

“This is sad.” I mumble into his ear.

“I know right.” he mumbles sadly back.

Jim Rutherford was up next and he just said congrats on a good first season with a new GM and head coach. To relax for a bit before getting back into the swing of things for next season. Then we all clap and everyone shakes the coaching staff and management staff before leaving. The boys are heading back on a bus tonight and the family is supposed to be leaving tomorrow, but they said they found a flight back around the same time as the team. The team goes back to the hotel and Sidney’s family and I are going to get something to eat before heading to the airport for our flight. We had already packed before the game. It seemed that Trina, Tory, and Taylor were fairly sad, but they seemed relieved like me.

“So what are your plans now Charlie?” Troy asks me.

“Well I think I will be around with Sid until July or August, then I think I am going to go home and train for hopefully the CWHL. Maybe travel, I am not really sure, its up to what Sidney wants to do really.” I answer.

“Are you excited for the draft and hopefully a spot on a team?”

“Very, hockey is a passion of mine.” I smile as does Troy at me.

“You and Sidney are twins eh?” He laughs.

“Yeah everyone says that.” I laugh.

“Thats because you guys are! Sidney is a boy and you are a girl but that it basically the only difference.” Taylor speaks up.

“Your parents should come to Pittsburgh while we are still down, we will have to get together.” Tina says.

I nod. “For sure my parents are dying to meet you guys.”

“Your mom is a lawyer right?” Trina asks.

“Yep, one of the best in Huntsville.”

“And that is what you want to do after hockey?” Troy asks.

“I think so. Definitely something in law, maybe just a paralegal. I spent so many days at my mom’s firm growing up as a kid, it was hard when she had to work on big cases and wasn’t around a lot. A paralegal does all the work of a lawyer, just not have to represent them in court. I think that would be fine so that I can have a family and be able to do things other than work.”
“So one day you do want a family?” Trina asks.

“For sure, I love kids. In England we have a really big family. My mom has 6 siblings and my dad has 4. So it can get lonely at times at home.”

“Do you miss England?” Taylor asks.

“Yeah at times, but I love being Canadian. I only really miss my family and the weather. It never gets as cold as it does here.”

“Would you want to represent Canada?” Troy asks.

“Some people ask me if I would represent England, and I always say no. But Canada would a be a dream. I would love to.”

We get our food and stop talking as much. It seems that Sidney’s parents really want to get to know me which makes me happy. I really like them and I hope they like me too.

We finish eating and leave to go to the airport. I check my phone and see that Sidney has texted me. ‘Hi Babe, when u get to Pit, come over. If it isn't too late. I love u xo.’

‘Ok I will, sleepover!!! love ya, :*’ I text back smiling a little, it is a joke between Sid and I. Once when he was drinking after a win he texted me he wanted to have a sleepover in all capital letters.

‘In OUR bed. We just landed and I am on my way home. hurry home beautiful.’

‘Boarding the plane soon, u ok? I’m here for u.’

‘yes, we will talk later. u r the best.’ I smile at his text and settle into my seat beside Taylor.

“Was that Sid?” Tay asks.

“Yeah he just said they just landed and to have a safe fight.” I reply.

“Is he alright?”

“I’m not really sure, I said I was here for him and he said we will talk later. So I’m not really sure. He didn’t seem that bad in the locker room but I don’t know if anything happened on the plane or what.”

“It seemed like he wasn’t that mad. But we will see.” I try to get some sleep before we get into Pittsburgh.

We land and Trina wakes Taylor and I up. It is around 2 am when we get out of the airport and I am so ready to crawl into bed. We pack in the car and drive back to Sid’s place. I smile knowing that there isn’t as much of traveling for a while. We are all very silent on the way home, I know everyone is tired from all the traveling the past couple days. We get out and head inside hopefully Sid is asleep already. We said goodnight quietly and all head to our rooms. I opened the door silently hoping to not wake Sidney, but I see him awake watching hockey highlights.

“Hi babe.” He whispers to me.

“What are you doing up?” I say to him as I drop my bags.

“We didn’t get to talk after the game.” Sid says.

“How are you?” I ask.

“I really needed you on that plane ride home.” He says sadly.

I change into shorts and one of Sid’s shirts and crawl into bed and into my boyfriend’s arms. “Talk to me.” I say.

“I am just upset. I sat with Flower you know? He was almost in tears, it was ripping my heart out. He deserved better. It was brutal, no one talked and I had to talk down my best friend on the team, he was so upset. I ran out of things to say to Flower, the one who has been with me
since the start. Babe it was so bad.” Sid says running his fingers through my hair. “I just wanted to be with you or for you to help me calm him down.”

“I know its hard babe, I have been there with my team and especially Kath. You just have to get through it but Flower will be okay and be excited for next season. It is disappointing but there isn’t really anything you can do now but say you had a good run and be excited for next season.” I tilt my head up to look at him.

“You know I wasn’t as upset this year as past years. I just felt bad for Flower. He deserved so much more than we gave him.”

“So did you babe. You were amazing this season, but it is a team sport. Nobody should blame themselves, especially Flower.”

“Can I have a kiss? I feel like we haven’t had a solid kiss in like forever.” Sid says.

“What the frig is a solid kiss?” I laugh.

“Let me show you then!” Sid wiggles his eyebrows at me. I nod and Sid pulls my mouth to his. He kisses me lightly and slowly. Then he builds his kiss by kissing me a little harder and I can feel his tongue wanting to get into my mouth. I let him and we are making out. I love kissing Sidney, he is such a good kisser. When I had a crush on him before we started dating, I always loved Sidney’s lips. They are big and he is the best kisser. They are plump but soft. I moan into the kiss and Sidney smiles in the kiss and slowly pulls away. He rests his forehead with mine and I am smiling from ear to ear. I peck his lips one more time.

“I love you so much.” Sidney says.

“I love you too. Is it a good time to tell you that I offered to babysit Estelle tomorrow?” I smile at him.

“Time with uncle Sid and Aunt Charlie is the best time.” He smiles and laughs.

I laugh with him and then yawn, which makes him yawn. I laugh even more. “I think thats cue to go to sleep.”

“Goodnight babe, you have really helped me a lot.” He smiles down at me. I kiss him once more before settling in to sleep.

“Love you. Night”

______

“Sidddd. Phone” I groan at Sid and try to get him awake. His phone is going off. “Sidney Patrick Crosby!!” I throw my pillow at him.

He slowly wakes and realizes what is happening. I cover my head with my pillow trying to get back to sleep. I don’t get back to sleep as Sidney comes back into our room now off the phone. “Babe.”

“What Sid?”

“I need to talk to you.”

I sit up. “Yes?”

“Well my agent just called saying that I could go to Prague for Worlds to play for Canada.”

“Prague, Czech Republic?” I ask.

“Yeah, I told him I will text the GM after I talk to you and my family.” He takes my hand. “I won’t go if you don’t want me to. But if you say yes you will be coming with me.”

“Well do you want to go? If you want to play, then I want you to play.”

“I think it would be fun, I mean Charlie Prague? Europe?”

“We can go Sid, just talk to your parents okay? You go talk to them now and I can get a couple more minutes more sleep.”

“Okay.” He gets up and puts on some pants and a shirt. Sidney leans down and gives me a quick kiss before leaving.

Someone jumps on the bed. I slowly open my eyes to a smiling 2 year old. “Hi.” Estelle smiles at me.

“Hi sweetie, does uncle Sid know you are in here?” I ask her while I get out of bed.

She shakes her head. “Hide and seek.”

I chuckle. “Hide in the closet. Shhh.” I pretend to go back to sleep. Soon I hear Sidney come into the room and I hear him looking around.

He slowly walks over to the bed. “Babe.” He whispers and gently tries to wake me up.

“Yeah Sid.”

“I lost Estelle.”

“Thats not funny Sid.”

“Charlie I am a 100% serious. We were playing hide and seek and I cannot find her anymore.”

“She is two years old Sidney how did you lose a toddler?”

“You can be mad later, can you help-“ Just then Estelle comes running out of the closet.

“Siddy! Right here” She smiles at Sid.

“Estelle you were so good sweetie.” I say to her and wink.

“You were in on it?” Sid asks me and I nod chuckling.

Sidney takes Estelle out of our room and I get dressed for the day. I wear leggings and a loose Lululemon tank top. I hear Sidney and his parents talking in the kitchen and head there.

“Morning guys.” I say to them and they all say morning back. Estelle runs to me and I pick her up.

“So Charlie it looks like we might be going to Prague.” Taylor says to me.

I smile at her. “Sounds like it. What do you guys think?” I ask Trina and Troy.

“I think it will be fun, Europe is beautiful.” Trina says.

“If Sid wants to play we will support him.” Troy says.

“Then I will go call the GM.” Sidney says excitedly.