Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Monaco Ready

Wow, what a week! Sidney won a World Championship and became a triple gold club member! Which Sidney is the first to captain all the teams within the triple gold club. I am so proud of him, and now we get to celebrate in Monaco! I cannot wait to spend days at the beach, shopping, sight seeing, and at the Grand Prix! Right now Sidney and I are on a plane to Monaco with Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Sidney knows them pretty well as he is friends with Nathan and Nathan is close friends with Brayden. I really got to know them during the World Championships, they are nice and they like to party, which is like me, but not as much for Sid. It doesn’t seem to bother him if he doesn’t get recognized, then he will let loose with me.

But this almost two hour flight felt like forever, but not as long as the one from Toronto to Prague, that was just too much. It was almost ten hours on a connecting flight, you would think that Hockey Canada could get us there easily in a direct flight, but nope. I got the window seat, like I always do with Kath, but I basically had to tackle my boyfriend to the ground to get it because when he is on the plane with Flower, he has the window seat. I could definitely beat him in wrestling.

I tuck my feet underneath my leg and lay my head on Sid’s shoulder, he is watching a movie on his iPad and I start to fall asleep. Nathan and Brayden were in the two seats ahead of us, and we had found out that Brent Burns and his wife were a couple rows back heading to Monaco too.

Just before I fell into a sleep, Sidney muttered something I couldn’t quite hear. I look up at him. “What did you say?” My voice tired.

“Just that I got tickets for the Grand Prix event.” He replies.

“Oh.” I say short before closing my eyes again.

———

We finally arrived at our hotel which is looking out towards the beach and I am so frigging pumped to just lay out in the sun for a week. Sidney and I are just unpacking before we get some lunch and then head to the beach. I am going to live on the beach trying to get a tan as dark as I can. I am usually a pasty white person but on vacations I have found out that I can actually get a tan which is amazing. If Sidney gets tired of being at the beach he can go hangout with Nathan and Brayden, I don’t mind, but I’m pretty sure any boyfriend wouldn’t pass up seeing their girlfriend in a bikini. Everyone says my body is perfect and that they “would kill” for my body, but I don't see the point in wanting other people’s bodies. You are who you are, why would you want to change that. In my mind I think everyone is beautiful.

We quickly get lunch at the hotel restaurant before heading to the beach and getting our tan on. Sidney could’t sit still in the sun, so I let him drag me into the very blue water. I lightly splash him when he tries to put his arms around me.

Sidney scoffs. “Char I just wanted to give you a hug.”

“No you wanted to put my head under.” I smirk.

He chuckles. “Well if I got a hold of you long enough that might have came into consideration.”

“You’re such a gentleman.”

“But I’m your gentleman.” He kisses my cheek.

“I love you Crosby.” I smirk at him.

“I love you more.” He smiles and turns me around to face him.

“Shut up.” I laugh and try to push him away.

“Look at me Char.” Sid tightens his grip on me. I keep my eyes on the crystal clear water as Sid takes one arm off of me and puts his fingers under my chin to make me look at him. “Did I tell you I like you bathing suit?” He wiggles his eyebrows.

I burst out laughing. “Really Sid?”

“Char its hot. You’re beautiful okay!” He gives me a shy smile and I nuzzle my head in his neck. Sidney’s hands go down towards my butt, he squeezes quickly and then motions for me to wrap my legs around him. I listen and I am just wrapped onto Sidney. I think we really needed this vacation for ourselves, we haven’t had a lot of time alone in the past couple weeks and what better than to do it while soaking up the sun. “What to go back to our chairs babe?” I nod and slowly unwrap my legs and arms from Sidney before we walk back to our chairs and I put on my sunglasses and lay out in the sun.

Sidney is checking his phone. “Char Brayden texted me asking if I wanted to meet up for a drink with Nate…” He dragged on.

“If you want to go Sid, then go. I can stay here for a bit then meet you back at the hotel room later.” I really don’t mind if Sid went or not because they are his friends and all I’m going to do is tan here.

“Are you sure Char? I can just tell them maybe another day.”

“No, go Sid. All I’m going to be doing is tanning and than might go back to the room for a nap or to get my book.”

Sidney didn’t look that convinced about me but I tried to give him a reassuring smile. “I will only go for maybe two drinks. I will make it up to you.” He drives himself off and puts a shirt on and his feet into his sandals. He gives me a soft kiss before leaving.

“I look forward to that, text me okay?” I ask. Sid nods.

I go back to laying on my chair enjoying the 27 degree weather when I hear my name being called. “Charlie is that you? Charlotte?” I look around to find Brent Burns and his wife Susan.

“Hey guys!” I smile and give them both a hug.

“Wheres the creature?” Brent asks.

“You know thats funny Brent that you look more like a Creature than Sid.” Susan says while Brent and I both laugh.

“He went to go have some drinks with Nathan and Brayden.”

“I don’t blame him, he doesn’t seem into just tanning.” Brent says looking at Susan.

“Susan you could tan with me if Brent wants to go hang out with the guys?”

“That sounds like a great idea!” Susan says.

“Do you know where they went?” Brent asks me.

“Nope but I will call Sid.” I say as I dial his number. Thank goodness I have calling for anywhere in the country.

“Hello?”
“Hey Sid, its me. Um where are you guys?”
“Right beside our hotel with the guys. Do you need me?”
“No, I ran into Brent and Susan. Brent is going to meet you guys while Susan and I are going to tan.”
“Oh sweet! Okay I will text Brent the name of it, its beside everyones hotel. Don’t get skin cancer Char.”
“I won’t Sid. I will talk to you later okay?”
“Bye babe”

I hang up and tell Brent where they are before Brent says his goodbyes and heads that way. Then Susan and I sat down and put our sunglasses on.

“So are you alright with Sid leaving to drink with Nate and Brayden?” Susan asks me.

“Yeah, I mean what man would want to sit in the heat instead of at an air conditioned bar with other NHL players. I knew they were going to hang out with him, so I don’t really mind.” I say.

“But you would like to spend time with Sid?” Susan tries to fill in the rest.

“Yeah I guess. Hopefully they don’t want to hangout like everyday so Sid and I can go sightseeing or do something fun.”

“Yeah, this is the first vacation Brent and I are taking without the kids and its kind of sad. I miss them, but Brent and I wanted to spend time together.”

“But you let him go for drinks too?” I ask chuckling a little.

“It’s complicated, I mean Brent and I will spend time together but he won’t let us spend time together just laying in the sun. So I guess we both found something we want to do with other people.”

I nod. “Relationships are complicated.” Susan and I both laugh.

“How long have you known Sid?” Susan asks.

“Maybe a year, I have known his sister for about 5 years and then we met a little over a year ago at Team Canada hockey camp and also through Taylor, his sister. So not very long.”

“Are some WAGS not being as accepting towards you as others?”

“I have a feeling that some are sceptical because I am younger than Sidney. But I really think Fleury’s wife Vero and Letang’s wife Catherine. The team likes me or thats what Sid says. But I don’t really listen to other people.”

“Is it being hard dating the best player in the world?”

“I don’t really see him like that. I mean at first when I met him I did, but I just see him as my hockey loving boyfriend. He’s just like me.”

“So have you heard anything about the draft yet?” She asks.

“Well I told them my favourite choice is Toronto, it’s the closest plane ride to Sid, but its also the closest to my family in Huntsville. My friend and his sister both picked Toronto so we’re crossing our fingers.”

“Is Sid alright with you going to the CWHL?”

“Yeah, I want to live with him and play hockey, but I can’t do both. We decided that us living together wasn’t really going to be an option just yet.”

“One of the girls on the Rangers was telling me that the NWHL is just starting next season with only 4 teams, did you think of that?”

“Yeah I looked into it, but it came down to that I would be close to my family. I think that league could be a back up, just in case.” Susan just nods.

“So is San Jose nice?” I ask.

“It’s beautiful. Its always warm out but I miss the snow.” I nod.

“Yeah there was plenty of snow in Minnesota so it wasn’t as different as back in Huntsville.”

“I love Minnesota, we have a house there and its beautiful during the summer on the lake. One of my favourite spots to be.”

“Thats why my friend and I chose Minnesota to play. We looked at it during the summer and loved it, we didn't expect the amount of snow we got every year.”

“So you finished university?” Susan asks.

“Yeah I finished just after the playoffs started. I have graduation like two days after we get back from here.”

“Wow, there are some girls on the Sharks team that don’t have their degree. I don’t understand how their boyfriend or husband wouldn’t want the best for them.”

“So you have a degree?” I ask.

“Yeah in business. I help out with the Sharks team but mainly I help a lot with Defending the Blue Line, Brent is very involved in that charity also.”

“Thats pretty amazing. I would love to do charity work.”

“Its something I have done ever since high school, my brother was really involved in it growing up. Its very rewarding.” Susan smiles.

“I bet. I think its important to give back.” We talk for about an hour more before Sidney texts me asking if we want to meet up for some dinner.

We get up and I put on my striped romper over my bikini as Susan puts on her denim shorts and tank top. Sidney told me where the restaurant we were going to and Susan and I head there. They already have a table and Sidney, Brent, Brayden, and Nathan are there waiting for us. I sit beside Sid and Nathan, and Susan sits beside Brent and Brent is beside Brayden. Sid seems to have a little buzz on him, but nothing that I haven’t seen before. He orders a water so maybe he figures he has had enough. I smile at him and he puts his hand on my thigh which lets me lean on his arm.

“How was the beach?” Sid asks Susan and I.

“Good.” Susan smiles.

“I think I got some good colour today.” I say moving my bikini strap and looking at my shoulders.

Sidney kisses my shoulder, “Looks like it eh.” He smiles at me.

“How was the bar?” Susan asks.

“The drinks were tastyyy.” Brayden slurs and we all laugh.

“Yeah he might have had one too many.” Nathan says and Brent slaps Brayden’s shoulder.

We get our dinner and start to eat while laughs are being shared between the six of us. I am very fortunate for the people Sidney have introduced me to and it is seeming that I am fitting more and more into Sid’s life now. I am very excited to see what the rest of the trips holds, I hope theres lots of alone time with Sid and time with our friends. I also cannot wait for the rest of the summer and hopefully Sidney’s and I future. I am over the moon to be accepted into the CWHL draft and I hope all my hard work pays off. I am just so happy with my life right now and the future that comes ahead.