Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

#KrisandCath

*Charlie’s pov*

“Are you sure this doesn’t look too white? I don’t want to be that girl at weddings that wears white that isn’t the bride.” I ask nervously ask Vero.

“Charlie it’s cream okay? Do you want me to send a picture to the other girls? They will agree with me.” Vero says and I nod. She takes my picture and sends it to the WAGs group chat. Yes we have one and I am really glad that most of the WAGs like me.

Vero and I are shopping for Kris and Catherine’s wedding and I have this dress picked out but I’m worried that even though the colour is cream that it will look too close to white. Vero says it isn’t and that I should get this dress but I am still nervous. It is a cream dress that ends at my knees and it has navy blue flowers around my waist. I am in love with it but I don’t want to take the spotlight away from Catherine and Kris. My phone keeps going off and I know its the group chat.

‘Wow Charlie how r u able to wear anything?’ Maureen Kunitz says.

‘I will be devastated if u don’t wear that to the wedding’ Catherine, the bride herself says.

‘Does it look too close to white?’ I ask.

‘Why r u so beautiful!!!’ Vanessa, David Perron’s wife says.

‘No belle! Wear it xx’ Catherine replies back.

‘Char i told u!’ Vero replies.

‘*heart eyes emoji*’ Brittney, Thomas Greiss’s fiancé adds.

‘that is the cutest dress!’ Carole-Lyne, Pascal’s wife says.

‘I hope u pick this one.’ Malin Hornqvist adds.

‘u r all beautiful, i will get it.’ i send.

I hear Vero squeal outside the change room. “I told you so” Vero sings to me as I walk to the cashier.

“Are you buying the one you had tried on?” I ask her. It was beautiful and it looked so good on her.

“Yeah, hopefully I’m not in labour when I am supposed to wear it.”

I laugh. “Lets hope.” I pay for my dress and then does Vero.

______

*Sid’s pov*

I am so excited for Kris and Catherine’s wedding, but I’m more excited to have Charlie as my date. She showed me a picture of her dress but I haven’t seen it on her in person. But I am really excited to, I knew she was nervous about her dress being a “cream” colour which is fairly close to white, but I doubt anyone will care. I mean Catherine the bride herself told her to wear it, she should be fine.

I am just finishing up getting my suit on for the wedding while Charlie is in the bathroom in our hotel checking her makeup or whoever knows what. She is a girl, even though she's not one to be very girly, she still has “girl tendencies” as she calls it.

“Char? You ready to go?” I ask through the bathroom door that is locked so I couldn't sneak a look at her.

“Just a minute Sid.” She responds.

I take a minute to look myself over in the mirror hanging near the door to the hallway. I have chosen to have more facial hair this offseason. I haven’t shaved much, just trimmed for the wedding today. I like it and I think Charlie does too but she hasn’t said anything so I take it as a positive. If she really didn’t like it, I would shave. I straighten my tie and grab my suit coat that has been hanging up as Charlie exits the bathroom walking over to her suitcase. I think looking for her heels as she doesn’t have a pair on. I finally get a good look at her as she faces me holding up two pairs of heels. A black pair and a navy blue pair and I do not see the difference between the two pairs whatsoever. I shrug as a response and just check out my beautiful girlfriend, her dress goes in snug around her waist then comes out and ends just above her knees. She absolutely rocks the dress, it was like it was made for her.

“Sid? Hello? Babeee!” Charlie calls my attention back to what she is saying instead of looking at her.

“Sorry.” I blush really hard. “What were you saying?”

“That my eyes are up here,” She motions to her face and I blush again. “and that Vero says navy and I just wanted to run it by you.” She holds her have heels out further to show me.

“I think either would look good Char.” I say sheepishly.

Charlie walks over to me and wraps her arms around my neck staring into my eyes. “Why are you so embarrassed?”

“I just…” her brown eyes stare into mine. “You look so beautiful.” She smiles at me. “Not that you never don’t look beautiful, I think you are the cutest human being in the world.” I say sheepishly again and look away from her eyes to the wall behind her. “You’re so beautiful.” I whisper.

“Well you look very handsome yourself. You don’t have to be embarrassed to look at me, I’m your girlfriend.” She moves my head to look back into her eyes.

“I just felt bad for tuning you out, when you were talking.” Charlie smiles at me as I lean down and our lips brush each others. It’s a quick kiss as she has lipstick on and I don’t want ruin her makeup. She runs a hand over my jaw where some hair is. “Do you like my face like this?” I whisper.
Charlie smirks. “I think you look very sexy with it.” She whispers back and I kiss her cheek before letting her out of my embrace.

Charlie puts on her heels and grabs her clutch meeting me at the door. “Got everything?” I ask her before she nods and I close the door. Charlie texts Vero and Marc to tell them to meet us in the lobby. Marc and Vero do have a house in Quebec, but decided to be in the same hotel as us which is only a couple minutes of a walk to the Notre-Dame Basilica where the wedding is. We meet up with Vero and Marc and walk together to the church. I walk beside Charlie holding her hand as Marc and Vero are walking behind us.

Once we get to the church it is pretty busy as people are arriving and there are also tourists taking pictures of the basilica too. I let go of Charlie’s hand consciously because we haven’t told the media we are together yet, although many people around the league know about us. Charlie isn’t ready for the whole world to know and the responsibilities along with it. It is a sour spot for the both of us as I want to scream to the mountains that she’s mine and sometimes I get upset about it. Like today we are going to have to watch ourselves, we can be normal in the church and at the reception its just during pictures are being taken. I sigh as Charlie walks over to talk with the group of WAGS at the wedding. Soon enough all the guys are over there with them and I have to keep my distance from the most beautiful girl here who should be on my arm.

I overhear Vanessa talking to Charlie on the other side of the group. “Are you and Sid fighting?” Vanessa asks.

Charlie shakes her head. “We haven’t told the press about us, so we have to stay away when theres people around.”

Vanessa looks at me and I have to look away quickly pretending to be listening to what Marc was saying. I hear Vanessa whisper. “Whats stopping you?”

THANK YOU Vanessa thats what I have been wondering this whole time.

“I want to wait until after the draft. I feel like some people will think that I used Sid to get to the draft. I want to show that I did all the work without questions.”

So thats why. Charlie has never ever told me that. Now I feel guilty for telling everyone about how good Char is and how she could be in the NHL if it was ever safe for women to play. I guess I have been stating my opinion too much, but I’m really just so proud of her. She’s so special to me.

We are all greeted by Tanger and then we head inside to find a spot to sit. I know Pascal is going to be here, along with David Perron, old teammate Matt Cooke, and many other NHL players. We all get into a pew that is near the middle just a row behind David and his wife Vanessa.

Before we know it Tanger has taken his spot at the front of the church and the bridesmaids are walking down the aisle. The music starts and we all stand while Catherine makes her way down the aisle. Charlie and Vero make eye contact with each other and squeal a little. Marc and I chuckle at their reactions as we quickly sit down and get ready for the ceremony I am holding Charlie’s hand and we have our hands resting on her lap.

“I now pronounce husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride.” Everyone claps as Kris and Cath have their first kiss as a married couple. Marc and Pascal cat call and everyone laughs.

They file out of the church and head to where the reception is being held. Again Charlie and I have to almost avoid each other, which is so hard as it is a habit that I just hold her hand or have my hand on her lower back. About two minutes away from where the reception is being held I catch up to Charlie and rest of hand on her waist. I think I catch Char by surprise as she sucks in a breath of air.

“I need to be able to touch you whenever I want.” I whisper in her ear.

She shivers. “Sid.” She breaths out unwrapping my hand from her waist.

“I don’t care what other people think Char. I love you, thats what matters.” I speak slowly, quietly.
Charlie sighs. “You don’t get it.” She whispers almost like she didn’t want me to hear that.

“Why wouldn’t I? Although you haven’t told me the real reason why I can’t kiss you in front of cameras or even hold your hand in public.” I huff and walk into the hotel, they one we are staying at and the one where the reception is held. The reception doesn’t start for another hour because Kris and Catherine are going to be getting pictures done, so I head up to our room and try and find something to watch on tv to take my mind off Charlie. Its hard though, this is our first big fight. I hate arguing with her. I find Sportscentre and turn it on, gladly the channel was english. I hear Char come in a few minutes later and she says hi quietly.

“Hey” I say back.

“I wondered where you went.” Char says.

“I came in here, we have an hour before the reception starts.”

“Vero and Marc, along with David and Vanessa and the Dupuis were going to be at the bar downstairs. They asked if we wanted to go.” Charlie’s voice is almost a whisper.

“Do you want to do that?” I ask.

“Maybe later.” Charlie walks over to the bed. “Whats going on in the hockey world?” She asks. “Or Sportscentre?”

“Still the Phil Kessel trade.”

“Oh Phil the Thrill must be enjoying the spotlight and reporters.” Charlie says jokingly. She was so surprised to hear about that trade. As was I but I knew it was happening before everyone else. I am super excited to see what Phil can do in Pittsburgh, I felt bad for him in Toronto with the whole spotlight on him. He wasn’t prepared for it when going into Toronto, but here he won’t have to speak with the media as often. I can help him out too, if need be.

“Something else will happen and everything will go back to normal. Hopefully he isn’t too overwhelmed with it all.” I reply back to her.

“Can we talk about what happened on the street?” Charlie asks.

I nod. “Its just you haven’t told me why you don’t want to tell the world about us.” I didn’t want to tell her that I eavesdropped on her conversation with Vanessa, it could start another argument.

Charlie looks me in the eyes. “I just want to wait until after I get drafted.”

“So I can’t sit with you at the draft or kiss you after you get drafted?” I ask.

“You are going to sit with your sister like a normal brother. Even if everyone knew I would make you sit with your sister.”

“Why do you want to wait until after the draft?” I ask kind of upset that I won’t sit with her at the draft.
Charlie takes a deep breath. “I want to be able to know that I have made the CWHL without people wondering if I made it because of my hockey superstar boyfriend.”

“Does that mean we have to wait until after your first game or when you score your first goal?” I ask, harshly though. Charlie seems a bit taken back.

“No just until the draft is over. I just want to wait until then.”

“Why couldn’t you tell me this earlier?” I ask my frustration gone.

“I thought you just didn’t want to tell anybody so I didn’t think anything of it.”

“Babe.” I scoot across the bed to where she is sitting. I cup her face in my hands. “I want to scream at the top of mountains that I have the most beautiful girl who I love very much. I would never want to hide you by any means. I’m also sorry. I’m sorry for making a deal in front of our friends and I’m sorry for walking away from you. I think next time we need to make sure we are on the same page about things and talk about it.”

Charlie nods and leans in and pecks my lips. “I’m sorry for not telling you what I wanted to do. Next time we should talk about it with each other.”

“I love you.” I smile as I kiss her once more.

“Love you too” She replies. “Do you want to go downstairs now?” She asks.

I nod. “Does everyone know about my harsh exit?”

Charlie shakes her head. “I told them you had a phone call to make.”

I smile at her. “You’re the best, thank you.”

“Now can we have fun?” She ask enthusiastically.

“Yeah lets go.” I smile at her and we walk down to the reception.

Soon enough we are having dinner while Charlie and I are sitting at a table with Vero & Marc, Vanessa & David, and the Dupuis’. After dinner the speeches start and we just watch them all. Sometimes I sneak looks over at Char and her facial expressions look like she is in amazement of the whole wedding. Seeing how happy Kris and Catherine are to be getting married and all the excitement surrounding the wedding makes me imagine my own wedding. But for the first time I see Charlie standing on the alter with me and I get all giddy inside. I truly am in love with her.

After Kris and Catherine’s first dance they do the father daughter dance and then I drag Charlie onto the dance floor.

“Sid I’m not the best dancer.” Charlie whines.

“No but you are the sexiest.” I whisper in her ear.

“I dislike you sometimes.” Charlie mutters.

“C’mon babe shake those hips!” I rest my hands on her waist as a slower song comes on. Perfect! It sounds like Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud song who Charlie and I are going to be seeing in a few weeks. Charlie takes one of my hands and holds it and wraps her other hand around my neck. I start humming the song in her ear.

“Take me into your loving arms.” I sing in her ear.

“Kiss me under the sky of a thousand stars.” Charlie sings back. I place light kisses on her collar bone. We dance for the rest of the song and for the rest of the night. Plus we had somethings to drunk during that time too. So we were kind of tipsy.

When Char is drunk she likes to laugh and giggle, which is perfect because I am exactly like that too. This is the first time I have really seen Charlie drunk even though I can barely comprehend what she is doing. Everything is just so funny. We are trying to walk back to our hotel room, we are just waiting for an elevator. We stayed at the reception for a long time so not many people were left there. Vanessa and Vero who are both pregnant got tired fairly quickly so they left together and then Marc and David were feeling guilty so they left not long after. That was maybe at midnight, and its now 2.
We are stumbling around both laughing our butts off. My hands are firm on her waist. The elevator door opens and we get in. I push Charlie against the wall and kiss her hard and passionately. I can tell Charlie is trying to wiggle out of my grasp so I let her.

“You are supposed to put up a fight.” Char whines slash giggles and goes on her tippy toes to kiss me again.

“Now why is that?” I ask giggling.

“Everyone likes a chase.” Charlie says giggling and pulls on my tie to get me out of the elevator and into our room then she lets go and runs into our room jumping on our bed.
“Babe your messing up our bed.” We both giggle a lot.

“Well make me stop.” She smirks at me putting one hand on her hip. I jump onto the bed and tackle her and lay on top of her. I kiss her lightly and then she grabs my neck and pushes me closer. I love kissing her, her lips are always so warm and perfectly plump. I could kiss her all night and that is what I plan to do.