Made Up Stories.

Circles.

‘Are you alright?’ ‘I’m fine, thank you, just I don’t run’ the redhead smiled, ‘no me neither, it’s a new year thing for me’ ‘I’m downtiming, and I guess, I need to do something’ ‘do you wanna run with me, I jiggle a bit’ ‘it’s all good, I’m Alex’ ‘Lucy’ he grinned, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ jogging together, ‘so, what do you do?’ ‘I’m a teacher, I teach physics’ ‘that’s so cool, I love science, and I mean science, not just space’ ‘well, I’d be lying if I told you the same but’ Alex laughing, ‘but yeah, I love science too’ jogging together around Patterson Park, ‘normally my dog is with me, Kirk’ ‘like Captain Kirk?’ ‘I am so transparent, but growing up I was Spock, that was my nickname, I was such a nerd and hated PE, as you can see’ Alex laughing, ‘same, I’m so glad I got in a band, I’ll run a round a stage, not in a field’ ‘I like that’ talking together.

 Alex being asked about sound, ‘it’s intriguing, I did my thesis on it’ he grinned, ‘cool’ ‘sorry for interrogating you’ ‘not at all, it’s interesting to be asked questions that are different’ laughing a little, ‘you like water’ ‘no, not at all, but I feel bad to drink a sugary drink after working out’ ‘haha, yes’ giggling, ‘so, what are your plans for the week?’ ‘Teaching, arranging a date with you-’ Alex grinned, ‘damn you broke up my pickup line, by using it yourself’ ‘I’m sorry’ laughing, Alex grinned, ‘what would you like to do?’ ‘Let’s go bowling, classic date’ he grinned, ‘fine by me’ arranging a date, ‘I will just say something, cos it’s important, I don’t want kids’ ‘okay’ ‘you sure’ ‘I don’t want them either’ ‘happy to adopt, I think I’m a carrier of a disease, I’m not passing it on’ Alex nodded, ‘why a carrier’ ‘cos, it would have started by now’ ‘that’s fucking sensible’ ‘thank you’.

Lucy sat down with him, ‘I’m sorry, I had AP last and they don’t normally ask questons’ Alex laughing, ‘it’s all good’ sitting down, ‘so you come from here’ ‘no both my parents live in Florida, my dad has Parkinsons, which is genetic and my mum takes care of him’ ‘and you’d begin that’ ‘I check everyday, it starts with shaking and slowness, it’s rare to be genetic, but everyone in my dad’s side has it’ ‘yeah, I wouldn’t take the risk either’ ‘thank you, my brother has it and he’s younger than me, my mum did good’ laughing together and talking ‘you moved from England, why?’ Alex laughing, ‘sorry, of course, everything happens for a reason, but England, culturally is so much more, sorry’ ‘I agree’ laughing together, ‘even their tv shows are better, Doctor Who’ ‘agreed’ ‘good!’.
-x-
‘Are you busy this weekend?’ ‘I had marking to do, but it’s not a big deal, with science, right is right and wrong is wrong’ Alex laughing, ‘yeah, you do have a point’ ‘right, ermm, I can do New York’ he grinned ‘awesome, I’ll pick you up Friday afternoon’ ‘please do, I have no lessons Friday afternoons, I’ll work from home’ ‘awesome’. Lucy smiled calling her mum, ‘no man is going to marry you, not wanting kids’ ‘well, as it’s my womb and vagina ma, I can choose what grows in it, I told the person I’m dating I don’t want kids, neither does he’ ‘you’ll change her mind’ ‘and I will adopt’ ‘you have my genes’ ‘so I can’t shake my way to the end, it’s not how I’m going out or letting other people’ ‘it will breed out’ ‘it’s not worked for dad’s family, has it?’ ‘You’re not being fair’ ‘I think I’m being overly fair, actually, I am done with this conversation’.

Lucy smiled, ‘what happened?’ ‘How do you know something did?’ ‘I just get a vibe’ Lucy sighed, ‘me and my mum constantl argue about my plans for breeding, but I don’t want my kids to suffer, so I don’t care’ he grinned, ‘me neither’ ‘I know I brought this up, but babies on a third date, we need to chill’ Alex laughing, ‘I completely agree’ laughing. Alex grinned, ‘so Lucy, this is Glamour Kills’ ‘I love the designs already’ laughing, ‘I’m glad you like them’ talking together, ‘my bank balance would be dead’ ‘just say it’s mine, Lucy, you can have it’ ‘I’ll let you know’ laughing. Lucy smiled, ‘your collection is really nice, I must admit’ he beamed, ‘I worked hard on that, I’m pleased’ walking together, Alex taking her hand ‘so what’s the plan, Batman?’ Alex grinned, ‘good question, I better show you Brooklyn’ ‘fine by me, is there dessert?’ laughing. 

Sitting in bed together in the morning, Alex smiled, ‘I hope you had a good time’ ‘I did, thank you for inviting me, I have a hangover though’ ‘don’t worry, we uber home’ laughing together, ‘gonna go find some water’ he grinned, ‘you are beautiful you know, if you want to improve of course, that’s cool, it’s your body, just wanted you to know’ Lucy smiled kissing him, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ kissing her back. Lucy smiled sitting in the back with him, ‘need a makeout session soon’ Alex smirked putting the partition up and turning off the sound, he grinned, ‘well?’ Lucy giggled, ‘you’re a genius’ kissing deeply, sitting her on his lap running his hands up, ‘is that okay?’ ‘Yes’ giggling. Getting home, ‘you wanna stay?’ Alex smirked, ‘alright then’ grabbing his things, ‘I’m getting out here’ letting the driver know and heading inside her place.
-x-
‘You have a house?’ ‘I bought it in an auction and did it up slowly, I have a couple of rooms to still do, it’s just the cash to do them’ ‘what’s left to do?’ ‘The bathroom needs decorating, I have the tiles and paint but no time, the guest bedroom and the loft room’ ‘why don’t we do it together? I don’t mind helping’ ‘thank you, but it’s my responsibility’ ‘fine, leave it, I’ll do the other two rooms when I move in’ Lucy laughed, ‘I love your confidence’ ‘good, cos I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he beamed kissing her, ‘you had confidence too’ ‘I did, never sleep with anyone if I didn’t feel it was right’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad’ kissing her gently on the lips, Lucy smiled against them, ‘alright, let’s do the bathroom, it won’t take long, then after we’ll go to lush’ he grinned, ‘share a bath’ ‘hmm’ kissing deeply, ‘do you like boiling water-’ ‘no, no, I look like a lobster’ ‘haha’.

Alex grinned as she held him, ‘it’s normal temperature!’ Laughing together, kissing his neck softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he beamed, ‘thank ou for your help’ ‘no need at all, this kinda makes it worth it, but I should be holding you’ ‘next time’ giggling, talking in the bath and heading for the bed, ‘my sheets are soaked’ ‘haha, well’ ‘Alex!’ Laughing together, kissing deeply. Alex grinned seeing her leave the bed, ‘what’s up?’ ‘’My sister has just sent me a list of things she hates about 5sos, which is odd cos she loved them a week ago’ Alex laughing, ‘let me see that’ Lucy chucking her phone, ‘if they are all true, they are assholes’ ‘no, they’re young men shoved into fame at a young age with no idea what to do, maybe you should be dadding them a bit’ Alex smiled as she grabbed her bag, ‘dad them’ ‘I asked about your band, she thought of nothing awful, except that time you tweeted all lives matter, but context’ ‘thank you!’. 

Alex looked at the girl, ‘what are you doing in, what?’ Alex laughing, ‘you must be Lily, Lucy’s sister’ ‘how do you, okay, she has some explaining to do’ ‘I’m her boyfriend’ ‘that makes sense, cos she hates my music, and then somho got educated, hence the 5sos stuff’ ‘she showed me, I completely agree, assholes, Lucy says I should dad them’ ‘absolutely, you are good people, you charge far too much for your VIP but’ ‘you think?’ ‘A hundred dollars, seriously?’ ‘I will get rif of that, if you think it’s a problem and you’re a fan’ seeing Lucy. ‘Lily, what brings you around?’ ‘Mum doesn’t want me to talk to you, but my shaking has begun’ ‘but, you’re so young’ ‘I don’t want to live with them’ ‘how did you get from Florida’ ‘I saved and got a flight up’ Alex smiled, ‘Lucy, we really need to sort that guest room out’ ‘yeah we do’.
-x-
6 months later:-

Lucy smiled helping him move his things in, ‘I thought that you could do your music stuff in the loft room, also you can’t get into it easily, it’s a safe area, however’ ‘no one can get in there’ ‘basically’ laughing together, ‘okay then’ working together, Lily arrived home. ‘Hey kid’ ‘hey Alex, you alright?’ ‘I’m good, how are you? Do you need any help?’ ‘Please’ ‘Lucy, are we getting pizza tonight’ ‘yeah, and probably imsomnia cookies’ ‘what are they?’ ‘Oh, Alex’. ‘They send you warm cookies? ‘I studied here, I know all about this’ Alex laughing, ‘this is amazing, this is the greatest thing ever’ laughing together, eating in the kitchen, ‘so what are you up to?’ ‘Oh, just class stuff, the medication is helping me a lot’ ‘good’ talking together over food, Alex smiled, ‘I’m glad you live here’ ‘me too, I feel better here’ ‘I’m glad’ eating. 

Alex held her, ‘I understand seeing Llily, why you don’t want kids, it’s that fear of seeing it get worse’ Lucy nodded, ‘she’s like my kid, and I can’t even bare to see that’ ‘I get that’ talking together, ‘I just feel like I would be putting them in a situation due to my selfishness, if you want your own child, Alex, I don’t mind getting egg donation or something’ ‘you can do that’ ‘you can talking in bed, ‘I’d like to adopt more, I don’t know, I don’t sleep with anyone’ ‘it would be in lab, Al’ ‘oh, right, good’ Lucy smiled, ‘but I’m glad’ laughing. Getting the post in the morning, Alex saw the reirect from Hopeless and opened it, ‘oh, good God’ ‘Alex?’ Lucy taking the letter, ‘well, you ermm, need to check, and we’ll have to figure out what to do if she is yours’ Alex sighed, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘hey, it’s okay, if she is, gets round a problem, huh?’ Lucy smirked, Alex laughing. 

‘We have two guest rooms’ ‘well, you don’t have much in the loft, Lily could move in there, with her medication, she’s fine’ ‘what’s up?’ ‘Alex may have a six year old son’ ‘oh, boy, well,  I know too much about you before Lucy’ ‘don’t’ Alex laughing, ‘are you sure?’ ‘I don’t know, I’ve sent a sample in, and we’ll see’ ‘how long does it take?’ Lucy asked, ‘they said two weeks’ ‘it will be fine, Alex, I promise’ ‘you sure’ ‘I’m sure’ he grinned. Lily looked at her, ‘are you mad?’ ‘Well, no, cos I don’t want kids of my own, so if he does have one who can’t be taken care of, well, that’s good right?’ ‘Only you could look on this as some kind of saving grace’ ‘well, we plan to adopt or get a surrogate anyway, right? So isn’t this basically a surrogate, six years late’ Lily laughing, ‘you are so weird, but I admire it’ ‘thank you’ laughing together, ‘I’ll figure out something’. 

Lucy picked up the post on the way in from work, Lily smiled ‘might be there, it’s been three weeks’ ‘I don’t know, that’s Alex’s life, not mine right now’ Lucy murmured, sorting out bills, Lily smiled, ‘I don’t think it’s his, cos I did some research and I think he was with his ex, and Alex is someone who commits no matter how awful it is’ Lily laughing, ‘oh, yes’. Alex got in late from practice, opening the largest first, ‘Lucy?’ ‘Alex’ bringing her hot chocolate through, ‘oh’ ‘want one?’ ‘Please’ ‘after whatever you need to tell me’ ‘he’s not mine’ ‘I had a feeling’ ‘you did’ ‘I did’ Lucy nodded, ‘are you okay?’ ‘I’m fine, are you?’ ‘I’m fine, really, it would have been a nice addition, however we are busy people’ ‘I completely agree’ he grinned, ‘we’ll figure it out somehow’ he beamed, ‘I know we will’ kissing him, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’.

Alex grinned, ‘you know we leave the kid topic for months and then end up broody’ Lucy laughed, ‘wait until my sister is an adult’ Alex nodded, ‘she’s sixteen fair enough’ ‘kinda would like to be married, so’ ‘same’ he grinned, ‘okay then’ he grinned, ‘just give it time, we don’t have to rush anything’ ‘no, I agree’ ‘we keep talking in a breakneck pace, we don’t have to’ Alex smiled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be, it’s nice but kinda terrifying’ ‘same’ laughing. Lucy smiled, ‘are you alright?’ ‘I’m good thanks’ he grinned, ‘I’m really glad we could make our own, I know we said, but’ Lucy laughed, ‘I know’ she nodded, ‘I don’t really wanna talk about it, cos everytime we do, I feel guilty for the decision I made about this’ ‘Lucy, I don’t want my kids to be sick’ ‘me neither’ ‘then don’t be’.

Lily laughed, ‘boy, do you get hot and heavy’ ‘this is what you get when you tell someone you don’t want kids as soon as you meet them, your life revolves around you not having them’ laughing, ‘when I go to university, I won’t be in Baltimore, but what if I don’t get a job’ Lucy smiled, ‘I’ll help you, but I would train as a teacher, personally, I know I’m a teacher, however, you do good in maths, science, etc, we’ll teach together somewhere’ she smiled, ‘but that’s up to you, personally, you’re a great photographer, you can now get cameras that lose your shake, you have medication, Alex has even said you should definitely do a tour’ ‘I have yes, are you talking photography’ ‘I am’ ‘yeah, you are so good’ ‘thank you, isn’t that a bit unrealistic’ ‘it’s unrealistic of you to not try, I know you’ Alex grinned, ‘I love that’ laughing together. 
-x-
3 years later:-
‘This is Thomas, he’s my little boy’ Lily taking a picture, ‘sorry, it was too cute’ Lucy smiled ‘want me to take him while you interview?’ ‘Must you?’ ‘Ermm’ ‘it’s fine, really’ ‘okay then’ ‘I love being a dad’ getting on. Lucy smiled returning, ‘you okay?’ ‘I’m so glad to be home with you all, Lily has been amazing’ ‘I knew she would be’ laughing together and talking, Lucy getting a bottle to Alex, ‘so do you know the mum?’ ‘No, but we did ask for certain things, so for example ginger hair and stuff like that’ ‘that was hard’ ‘the worst part he’s brunette like his dad, so all that effort was a waste’ Alex laughing, ‘that’s a good point’ giggling together, ‘are you going to have more?’ ‘Plan to adopt some girls, we’re in the process of adopting twins, now you’ve moved out, they’re five, be in school soon’ ‘I’m looking forward to Mia and Amy, I really am’ talking. 

Lucy smiled, ‘are you alright?’ ‘I’m good thanks, tired, but all good’ Lily smiled, ‘well, I’m home so if you need someone to take care of Thomas, it’s all good, I know Alex has a lot to do’ ‘I do, but we’ll figure it out, I know how much you love teaching’ ‘I do indeed, we have a good nursery and stuff, but you two will be fine’ ‘good’. Alex looked at her, ‘you’re pissed off’ ‘I’m fine, it’s just this sexist presumption that you have a vagina and a baby you should sacrifice everything you’ve ever loved, no mate, that ain’t happening’ Alex smirked, ‘if the dad isn’t especially, not saying you, just know many examples’ ‘you’re right though, I’ve not’ ‘cos you love what you do, I wouldn’t stop you, and you’re home now, but hes nine months old, you know?’ Talking, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ he grinned, ‘things will be alright’ ‘yeah they will, I’m in love with you’ ‘I’m in with you too’ kissing softly, ‘wanna pretend to make one’ ‘sure’ laughing. 
they lived happily.