Made Up Stories.

Stages.

‘She’s got such a good voice’ Alex nodded, ‘she does, I’ve known her for years’ she smiled, ‘I heard she was in a band before she did The Voice?’ ‘She was yeah, we toured together’ ‘oh, cool, even then she had a great voice, Candles, fucking hell’ Alex smiled, ‘yeah, I agree’ she nodded listening to Summer, ‘you liked her since The Voice’ ‘yeah, pretty much, though in reflection I feel like she was set up to win, but like, I’ll let them have their chinese democracy cos she’s so good’ Alex laughing, ‘people said our band won her that, maybe some votes, but she was totally, I agree’ ‘are you in All Time Low?’ ‘I am, I’m the singer’ ‘I understand now’ ‘have you heard us?’ ‘I won this competition to meet and see the show here and country singers come through Oklahoma but not pop punk’ Alex laughing,  ‘we go through Tulsa’ ‘you do?’ ‘We do’ ‘oh, awkward’ Alex laughing with her, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be’ talking. 

‘It was nice to meet you’ ‘nice to meet you too’ ‘you were getting on so well’ Cass smiled, Lucy smiled, ‘very interesting man, knows his Star Trek’ ‘you were talking about Star Trek?!’ ‘He was telling me about the highlights of his discography, Don’t Panic, it went on’ Alex smiled, ‘she was saying how much she liked Candles’ ‘I looked up your old things up, Alex’s band was one of the bands they recommend if you like your former band’ ‘of course, I haven’t sung that in years, do you know it well’ ‘I do, actually’ ‘I remember it on guitar I think’ Alex murmured, ‘come with me’. Lucy smiled, ‘wow, well, thank you, that was incredible’ ‘been too long’ laughing together, ‘I’m torn, I’m like that was so good I want more of that, but the EP is awesome’ Alex laughing, ‘I agree’ Rian looking in, ‘were you singing Candles, oh, hello’ ‘hey’ ‘Rian, my boyfriend’ ‘hello’ ‘this is Lucy, she won a competition’ ‘I did’ ‘some fan to make her sing that’ ‘haha’. 

Alex smiled seeing her, ‘do you wanna hop in my uber, we share a hotel I think you said’ ‘sure’ jumping in, Lucy smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ he grinned seeing her plant her backpack down, ‘I like you’ ‘I like you too, it was really cool to meet you’ ‘do you have a number’ ‘oh, ermm, yes, course’ she smiled finding her phone, ‘fuck lack of battery, do you have yours’ ‘course’ writing it down, ‘I suck at memory and numbers, I’m sorry’ ‘it’s all good’ writing it down. Lucy text him in the morning, ‘are you gone, still have time for breakfast?’ Alex seeing it through blurry eyes, ‘I will be there in five’ throwing the clothes on from the floor running down, putting a shoe on, the redhead giggled, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be, I wanted to see you before you left’ ‘thank you’ ‘no need, heading for the dining hall, taking a seat near the window, eating together. 
-x-
Alex smiled calling her, ‘hello’ ‘hey Alex’ ‘can you make it to Tulsa’ ‘I can make it to Tulsa, Alex, darlin’’ he grinned, ‘I like how you say darling’ ‘well thank you, when are you going to be in Tulsa?’ Lucy asked ,’well, tomorrow hopefully’ ‘well, can I show you around?’ ‘You can absolutely show me around, you’re an adult right?’ ‘I’m an adult, Alex, I can’t drink, but I can get laid’ ‘I’m glad’ laughing together, ‘do you study at all?’ ‘I’m in community college, I’m doing business’ ‘oh, right’ ‘yeah, I’m doing my associate degree in Business’ Lucy murmured, ‘this is my second year’ ‘are you wanting to stay’ ‘I want to set up something to be honest’ Alex grinned, ‘of course’ she smiled, ‘sorry, anyway, I will be in Tulsa tomorrow, I’ll meet you in the airport’ ‘thank you, I will really need you too’ ‘that’s just fine, darlin’’ he beamed at the mellow sound to her voice.

Lucy smiled leaning on her pickup in cut off shorts, converses and an ACDC vest, ‘have you heard ACDC?’ Alex asked, ‘it’s my dads and I always liked the design, get in’ he grinned ‘you haven’t heard them have you?’ ‘Shut up’ Alex laughing as she giggled getting out of the parking lot, ‘thank you for picking me up’ ‘no problem, I’ll take you some places, maybe some food’ ‘please’ ‘good, Evelyn’s it is’ he grinned taking him to her favourite places. Alex smiled, ‘this is so good’ Lucy giggled, ‘I’m glad you think so’ talking in the corner about their lives, ‘you ever leave here?’ Alex asked, ‘Oklahoma is not a state people move in to’ she murmured, ‘I know you’d never leave Baltimore, so if we’re good, I guess we will’ she smiled sipping her iced tea, Alex grinned, ‘you don’t mind’ ‘you make it sound like I don’t know I’m suffocated here’ talking together. 

Alex smiled finding a hotel with her, ‘are you heading home?’ ‘I thought I’d stay’ she murmured, ‘you are’ ‘Alex, stop stereotyping the bible belt, we’re not all purity ring wearing virgins who sleep with their cousins and show yeehaa shooting a gun’ Lucy rolling her eyes, ‘northerners’ he smirked, ‘I am so sorry’ ‘don’t be, I know’ he grinned, ‘come on, you’re not getting any sleep anyway, like Taylor Swift Alex, I know places’ Alex laughing. Lucy smiled dancing with him, ‘you look pretty’ ‘I think they say purdy down here, since you like your stereotypes so much’ Alex laughed, ‘I’m sorry’ ‘don’t be, I’ve heard it all before’ Alex smiled holding her waist kissing softly, ‘glad you like me’ ‘well, you’re a good kisser’ Alex chuckled, ‘glad you think so’ resting heads, ‘I hope you visit Baltimore’ ‘feel free to invite me’ ‘it’s not all riots’ ‘sure know how to comfort me!’. 

-x-

Picking her up with her usual backpack ready to go, Alex smiled, ‘come on’ ‘nice ride’ ‘thank you, we northerners don’t do pickups’ ‘shame on you’ laughing together she smiled getting comfortable in his car, he grinned ‘how’s your studies’ ‘all wrapped up now’ ‘the whole two years’ ‘yeah’ she murmured, ‘it’s going to be difficult’ she murmured, ‘I have a plan’ Alex grinned, ‘maybe’ Lucy smiled, ‘well, plans are made while life is going on, let’s just live for now’ he grinned, ‘so you don’t wanna come and stay in California with me?’ Lucy looked at him, ‘seriously?’ ‘I thought you’d like it’ he grinned, ‘I love you, I wanna see if we can do this’ ‘I love you too, me too’ he beamed, ‘I’m glad’ she nodded, ‘also Maryland has free birth control soon, amen’ Alex laughing, ‘are you safe?’ Lucy laughed, ‘my mum’s a nurse, absolutely’ talking. 

Lucy smiled as Alex brought drinks as she tapped her fingers to Paramore on the table, sitting in the Rockwell, ‘here’ ‘thank you’ she smiled crossing her legs, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he beamed, ‘so, what’s to do in Baltimore, you must know places’ ‘I do, don’t worry, your trip won’t be wasted, I live up there after all’ ‘it’s a wonderful view, always wanted to live near water and a bookstore so close’ Alex grinned ‘glad you like it’ talking over drinks. ‘You must be Lucy’ ‘are you Jack?’ ‘I am indeed’ ‘it’s nice to meet you’ ‘nice to meet you too’ he grinned, ‘he’s talked about you a lot’ Alex blushed, she smiled, ‘really?’ ‘Really, he was scared he would bore you’ ‘not possible’ touching his hand, Alex taking it, she smiled, ‘I hear you have a party spirit?’ ‘is that code for drunk?’ ‘I like you’ Alex laughing, ‘but no’ laughing together. 

Alex smiled waking up next to her, her head resting on his shoulder, she smiled kissing his chest softly, ‘I love you, Lucy’ she smiled kissing him, ‘I love you too’ he smiled, ‘you wanna come to California, then?’ ‘Sure’ ‘good, I’d love you to be here with me’ kissing her eagerly, she giggled kissing her. Lucy smiled dressing, Alex watching from bed, ‘do you have to go?’ Lucy smiled, ‘are you going to pay for my flight home?’ Alex nodded, ‘small price to pay to be happy’ ‘alright then’ he grinned tugging her back in bed, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘you know, I’m on tour for next month and then you come join us in California, you should be at home really, but’ she smiled, ‘what if I feel at home with you?’ Alex grinned, ‘well, I’m here for a few more days, I can make sure you get home’ ‘thank you, I’ll make sure to make it worth it’ working down his body, ‘Lucy’ giggling to herself.
-x-

6 months later:-

Lucy parked up her truck, tucking it inside the garage Alex said they could share, her things all tucked up in the back covered by a rather thick tarpaulin, knowing people are happy to steal anything, Alex grinned getting her call, heading down. ‘You’re home’ ‘I am’ kissing her deeply, she smiled against his lips. Alex helped her with her cases, putting everything down, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, I’m so glad you’re here’ she smiled, ‘me too, it looks lovely today, can we go out, I’ve just been sitting in my car for hours’ he grinned kissing her softly, ‘absolutely, can I take you for look around in the boat’ ‘you can always take me for a look around on the boat’ Lucy murmured, laughing together heading out of their apartment, ‘what about clothes?’ ‘Am I going to need any this weekend?’ Alex grinned kissing her, ‘no not really’ heading on the boat getting into the harbour, ‘I’m in love with you Lucy’ ‘I’m in love with you Alex’. 

Alex grinned holding her in bed, she snuggled gently, kissing his neck, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘are you sure about being open about us, Alex from now?’ Lucy asked, ‘I’m so sure, babe’ she blushed, Alex grinned, ‘okay then, its just with beginning the business’ ‘I know, you don’t want to look like you’re relying on me’ ‘thank you’ he grinned ‘but, you’re going to have to, while you do it’ ‘well, then I’m going to be honest about it and share it as I build it’ kissing softly, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too’ ‘I can’t wait to get started’ Lucy murmured, Alex holding her close, ‘I know you can’t, begin Monday’ ‘thank you’ kissing softly, loving her passion as she straddled him, ‘I love you Lucy, I can’t wait for you to see this city properly’ kissing again,staying in bed all weekend. Lucy smiled ordering some food to the apartment, Alex smiled, ‘Little Ceasars’ ‘pretty much’ laughing together, he grinned getting back in bed with her, resting her head. 

Getting out Monday and looking around the city, to find a place for her social enterprise, Lucy finding a little place on Foster near the Ram’s Head Live, she smiled thinking this little place would be perfect, calling the landlord. ‘It’s small’ ‘I like that it’s small, and it needs space but I can make it’ ‘well, I wish you good luck’ ‘thank you’ Lucy signing the papers and paying the first chunk of rent. Alex grinned seeing her work on her laptop and creating flyers for the place, Alex smiled kissing her, ‘looking good’ ‘thank you, my best friend is a graphic designer, she did the design, I am putting it in’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad it’s working out for you’ ‘thank you’ she murmured, ‘I just want to get started, I’ve got such itchy fingers’ Alex laughing, ‘I know’ talking together about her idea, ‘me and Jack can play on your opening day’ ‘please do’ kissing him, ‘I am going to ask Cassadee something for the store too’ ‘good idea’ ‘best wingman ever’ ‘yes!’. 

Lucy smiled as she worked in the shop, ‘can I leave my donations here’ ‘absolutely’ he grinned, ‘thank you, do you need any help here?’ ‘I will do soon, I need to finish building shelves and stuff’ ‘of course, do you do giftaid’ ‘I will be just not yet’ ‘okay then, well, I’ll leave them here, I’m not too bothered and I’ll sign up when I can’ heading out, Lucy moving it to the back. Alex brought her lunch kissing her, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, can I help at all?’ ‘Please’ getting everything in place and helping her, seeing a stream of donations come in, Lucy got everything in place. ‘Alex’ ‘hmm?’ ‘Could you think of some records I could sell, I need to get some new stock in’ ‘sure’ he grinned, ‘I know you love Topshelf, so everything from there’ ‘pretty much’ laughing together, Alex making some notes, ‘what if you did country and pop punk’ ‘I was considering that’ ‘we could do an album thing for you’ ‘what about a seven inch?’ Talking. 

Alex grinned seeing it blossom on tour, Lucy getting on with the store glad to see the new stock arrive, Cass called her ‘Lucy, you called, you know I will answer’ Lucy laughed, ‘it’s all good, I know how busy you are, I was thinking of putting your EP on vinyl for my store’ Lucy explaining the premise, ‘absolutely, you can do that’ ‘thank you’ ‘no problem’ talking together, ‘how are you and Alex?’ ‘We’re great, we live in Baltimore together now’ ‘that’s awesome, you moved from Oklahoma’ ‘I did, it wasn’t hard’ laughing together and talking, ‘I will come and play the store, I’m sure Rian would be more than happy to do that’ ‘thanks Cass, you are wonderful’ laughing together. Lucy smiled seeing the seven inches arrive from Hopeless, seeing the new acoustic EP laid down on record, she smiled putting some out in the store, glad the Cass one was now in production, ‘I’ll open when that record arrives’ Lucy murmured. 

Getting home, Alex smiled arriving with Jack, the shop filled with people for their acoustic, ‘shoutout to Lucy, the owner’ ‘and your girlfriend’ ‘well, yes’ Alex grinned seeing her covering her cheeks, ‘she’s amazing and she did this help young people in a city she’s only just moved to, hence we said we’d do an acoustic EP on a seven inch and CD for the store, which you can pick up today’ ‘you can’ Lucy added. Alex grinned helping her with sales, ‘thank you’ ‘no need, glad I can help’ she nodded closing up eventually, Alex grinned, ‘we do need to figure out how bills are going to be done, I was thinking if you pay rent I’ll pay the bills’ he smiled, ‘you want to do that?’ ‘I do’ ‘okay then’ ‘I’m using the place, I might as well’ Alex laughing, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, I want us to this together’ ‘I know, I love you for it’ kissing her. 
-x-
3 years later:-

Lucy smiled, ‘are you alright?’ ‘I’m good’ he grinned, ‘Lucy, would you marry me?’ ‘Oh, yes, Alex, definitely’ Lucy murmured, he grinned, ‘good’ she giggled ‘what?’ ‘I was just, I admire your style’ ‘thank you, that should have been better’ ‘it was very Alex, sexy but subtle’ he beamed, ‘much like you’ ‘you flatter me’ kissing softly, ‘I want you to be my wife, Lucy, I want us to get started on our lives’ he grinned, ‘I feel like with you I’ve waited too long already’ she giggled, ‘well, I’m glad you think so, we’re going to thrift our wedding’ he beamed, ‘we always did good things together, like the store and the letter, and I don’t want that to change getting married’ Alex smiled kissing her, ‘I completely agree’ she smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no need’ he beamed holding her, ‘how do you thrift a wedding’ ‘we don’t need gifts, so people can donate to a charity of their choice, I can buy my wedding dress in a charity store’ Alex grinned, ‘okay’ ‘and where we get married could be somewhere that helps people’ ‘okay’. 

Alex grinned seeing it in the window, ‘Lucy, I’ve just seen an amazing wedding dress in the window of a cancer store’ ‘you did’ ‘I did, it’s your size too’ ‘can you buy it?’ ‘Absolutely, I’ll do it now and put it in the car’ ‘okay then’. Alex grinned bringing her lunch, ‘what does this dress look like’ ‘well, it’s long and tight’ she giggled, ‘I know you’re such a butt guy’ he grinned showing her, Lucy smiled, ‘that’s actually beautiful’ Lucy murmured, ‘you did good’ ‘my ex was a wedding planner, I know some stuff’ Lucy looked at him, ‘how are you not divorced?’ Alex laughing, ‘I realised in time she was not made for me, like you are’ ‘I’m glad’ giggling, ‘anyway, I’m glad you like it, she feels a very long time ago now, you, you are all I dream about’ she smiled, ‘mutual, Alex, I think we know a maid of honour’ ‘fuck yes, what a wingman’ ‘wingwoman’ laughing. 
they lived happily.