Eternal Thirst

Chapter Two;

"Why can't we be as one.."

The sound of Skylinn's cell phone ringing caused her to jerk away, groaning as she rolled over and grabbed her iPhone off the nightstand next to her bed. She glanced down to see a picture of her and Sam flashing on the screen, she groaned again, sliding the answer button across the screen and placing the phone to her ear. "You better have a good reason for waking me up on a Saturday or so help me god i'll strangle you."
She heard him chuckle on the other line, “my house, twenty minutes.”

"Why?"

"Just be there."

The line went dead and Skylinn groaned again, throwing the comforter off of her body and stretching her arms above her head with a yawn. She swung her legs over the side of her bed and pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a dark red coca cola t-shirt that had been tied on the side. Once she had slipped into her clothes she stood in front of her mirror, examining herself. The deep red of the shirt brought out the tan on her skin and because it was tied on the side it rode up, exposing some of her flat stomach. Covering another yawn with her fist she picked up a brush and ran it once through her hair, tossing the brush on the bed and grabbing her cell phone and keys and walking out of her room.

It took her fifteen minutes to get to Sam’s house, pulling into his driveway and switching her car off. She raised an eyebrow at the sleek black car parked on the side of the road. She opened the door to her rusted up Jeep, closing it being her as she walked over towards the car, examining it. It was an older model, probably from the sixties, but it had been well taken care off. With jet-black leather seats and a whole new radio system.

“Like what you see?”

Skylinn spun around quickly, “who are you?”

The man in front of her chuckled, pulling a hand out of his faded blue jeans and offering it to her. “The names Dean, Dean Jones.”

Skylinn glanced down at his hand for a moment before taking it in her own, shaking it slowly. “Skylinn.”

He dropped his hand from hers, running it through his short brown hair. “You like baby?”

“Excuse me?”

Dean pointed at the car, “baby. My car.”

“Oh.” Skylinn rubbed her arm, “uh, yeah. What kinda car is it?”

“She. And she’s a 67’ Chevy Impala.” He walked around her, patting the hood of the car. “This here’s my pride and joy.”

Skylinn gingerly touched the hood, “she’s beautiful.”

Dean cracked a smile, “thank you. What are you doing here?”

Skylinn glanced up from where she was looking into the Impala, “Oh, I’m a friend of Sam’s. He told me to come over.”

“Right,” Dean glanced at her up and down, his green eyes trailing down her body before snapping back up to her face. “Well, let’s get you inside then.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The sound of the door opening caused Sam to glance up from where he was in the kitchen, his light brown hair falling into his light brown eyes. He smiled when he spotted Skylinn in the doorway, “hey, took you long enou-“ His voice trailed off when Dean walked in behind her, closing the door behind him. “Oh, Dean.”

Dean glanced at Skylinn and then Sam, holding up his hands slightly. “Not to worry, little brother. She was just checking out my car.”

Sam shook his head quickly, “no, I-uh- So you’ve met Dean.” He asked Skylinn, gaining her attention.

“Yeah, I didn’t think he was so much older then you.”

Dean chuckled, walking around her and into the kitchen, opening up the fridge and pulling out a beer. “I’m only twenty-three. I’m not THAT much older than you guys.”

“Five years.” Skylinn pointed out, causing him to chuckle.

“Yeah well, that just means Im out of your league.” He leaned across the countertop, keeping eye contact with her. “Unless…you like older men.”

Skylinn tried to hide the blush that was creeping into her cheeks, the corners of her mouth twisting up into a small smile. Sam cleared his throat loudly, glaring at his brother who ignored him, taking a sip of his beer. “Sky, we should probably get to work. C’mon.”

Sam started out of the room, taking Skylinn by the arm and pulling her with him, though her eyes remained locked with Deans. “Yeah…right.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Michael sat on his bed, a set of headphone around his ears while he leafed through a rolling stones magazine. He paused, taking off his headphone and listening only to hear what he had heard moment's earlier, a soft knocking at his door. Taking off his head phone's, Michael swung his legs over the side of his bed, walking over towards his bedroom door and opening it.

Emma stood in front of him, her dyed red hair pulled up into a high ponytail, her deep brown eyes filled with tears. Michael froze, words tumbling out of his mouth; "Emma? What's wr--"

But he was cut off when he took in the rest of her. Blood was dripping from the corners of her mouth, slowing falling down her chin and neck, staining her porcelain skin. Michael grabbed her by the arm, pulling her into his room quickly and shutting the door, turning the lock. He turned to her, his eyes going wide when he realized how much blood she was drenched in. He grabbed her hand, pulling her over towards his bathroom and turning on the shower. She sat on the edge of the counter, allowing him to wipe away the blood from her face with a wet rag, tears streaming down her cheeks in the process.

"What happened." Michael asked, his voice barley above a whisper.

Emma took a deep breath, wringing her hands together as she spoke. "I was hunting outside of town, chasing a deer I had spotted around a mile back, when I spotted a small campsite." She paused, her hands trembling until Michael took them in his own, looking up at her and nodding for her to continue. "I was up in a tree, trying to move around the campsite, when a man walked out. He was cleaning a knife and it slipped, cutting his hand wide open. I haven't ever seen so much blood from a hand wound and I...I couldn't control myself I--" Her bottom lip started to quiver and she burst into tears, covering her face in her hands.

"Hey, hey." Michael whispered, wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. "It's okay. You didn’t do anything on purpose. You can't control you're self once you get into that state of mind."

Emma sobbed against him, her tears staining his shirt. "I..I killed him, Michael. I killed an innocent man. All because I couldn't control myself around human blood. I can't believe I... I haven't fed on a human in so long and I-"

She buried her face into his chest, her breath coming in short gasps as she tried to control her sobs. Michael pulled her away from him, cupping her face in his hands. "Emma, listen to me. It's going to be okay. You've had a good run. It's been a long time since you've even smelled human blood. It's not your fault, okay?"

He pulled her to him again, flattening down her hair and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I want you to get cleaned up, i'm calling Lyra and Zach."

Emma continued to sob, her next words hardly audible. "It is my fault."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Levi slammed the front door hard, causing it to echo throughout his two story home. "Adam!"

He heard footsteps on the top of the started and turned to see the short, jet black hair of his lover. Adam sighed, jumping down the last step and walked over towards Levi. "What is it?"

"Have you been feeding on human's again?"

Adam groaned, turning around and walking into the open living room. "Dammit, I knew you'd find out."

Levi threw his hands up in the air, "of course i'd find out! Did you serious think I wouldn't find out?!"

Adam shrugged, walking over towards a small table and pouring himself and Levi a drink. "I tried to keep it quite. I'm getting sick of just drinking out of these blood bags." He turned and walked over towards Levi, handing him his glass and pressing his own to his lips. "What's the big deal anyways I only killed two."

Levi took a sip from his drink, "because they where found! And you only killed two? You swear?"

Adam groaned again, "yes I swear. And of course they are going to be found, if you go missing in this shitty small town someone is going to notice."

Levi narrowed his eyes at him, "three bodies where found."

Adam froze, his eye's going slightly wide. "What?"

Levi nodded, "three bodies. Two from an 'animal attack' and a camper found just an hour ago."

"I swear to you, darling. I only killed the hikers. Are you sure the camper just wasn't an actual animal attack?"

Levi shook his head, "definitely was one of our kind. I think there's more then just us in this town."

Adam pursed his lips, "that could be bad. We need to find out who else there is."

Levi nodded, "we should use my fathers device. Just to see who else were dealing with."

Adam sighed, nodding his head slowly in agreement, "the thing hurts like hell, but it's useful. Does it still work? The witch that helped create it did do it properly, right?"

Levi set his drink down on the coffee table beside him, "it works. Only our kind will be able to hear the high sonic pitch it generates. Once we can spot who else there is, we turn it off immediately."

Adam took a long sip of his drink, "there's that school get together tonight. We should do it then."

Levi nodded, "alright. I'm going to go get everything ready now." Just as he finished his cellphone began to ring, he picked it up, groaning when he saw the name flashing across his screen. "It's that girl again. I swear I am to good at faking this friendship thing."

Adam laughed, "be good. She's important to the order."

Levi rolled his eyes, answering the phone as he started up the stairs. "Hey, Skylinn, love, what's going on?"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Lyra sat criss-cross on Skylinn's king sized bed, blowing a bubble with her chewing gum. "What are you wearing tonight?"

Skylinn appeared in her bathroom doorway, a curling iron in one hand. "Probably just jeans, why?"

Lyra shook her head quickly, "no way! This is our first get back you have to dress really hot!"

Skylinn narrowed her eyes at Lyra, "I am always hot."

Lyra rolled her eyes, "whatever. I'm wearing my yellow sundress, you have to wear a dress too."

Skylinn groaned, turning off the curling Iron and walking into her bedroom. "Why, you know I hate dresses."

Lyra jumped up from the bed right as Skylinn sat down, running over towards her closet and pulling open the double doors. "Good lord I always forget how huge your closet is."

Skylinn shrugged, "one of the perks of having a rich ass dad."

Lyra shuffled through Skylinn's clothes, tossing out a few things behind her until Skylinn's entire bedroom floor was littered with discarded clothing. Skylinn huffed, turning and picking up her phone, dialing Levi's number. She waiting as it rung, ignoring the groaning Lyra was making from her closet. "Hey, Levi! Nothing just waiting on Lyra to pick out my outfit for tonight. She's insisting I have to wear a dress."

"Because you do!" Lyra called from somewhere in Skylinn's closet.

Skylinn rolled her eyes, turning and laying back on her bed. "Are you going tonight? No? Why not? Oh, special night, huh? Okay well i'll see you tomorrow then. Later."

She hung up the phone just as Lyra appeared from the closet, holding three dresses in her arms. "What did he say?"

Skylinn tossed her phone onto her bed, "he can't come tonight. It's his and Adam's anniversary."

"Ohhhhh." Lyra sighed, "well to bad. Anyways, here's what I found!"

She laid three dresses on Skylinn's bed, picking up one and showing it to her. "This one would look great with your black heels, but it might get kinda hot tonight, so no go."

She tossed the blue dress behind her, reaching down and picking up a pink dress. Skylinn immediately shook her head, "no way. That's got to be yours you know I hate the color pink."

Lyra scrunched up her nose in discuss at Skylinn, "fine. Then that leaves this one." She reached down and pulled up the dark black dress, holding it up for Skylinn to see. "This with your red heels would be so fantastic."

Skylinn groaned, standing up and taking the dress from her. "Fine, but only because I don't want to hear your whining. I'm going to go put on my make-up and then put on this stupid dress. I'll be down stairs in a minute get dressed." And with that she walked to her bathroom and shut the door.

Lyra grabbed her own dress, checking to make sure the door was locked as she changed. Just as she finished her cellphone began to ring.

"Hello?" Lyra answered, pulling on her brown heels as she spoke.

"Hey, we have a problem." Came Zach's voice from the other line.

Lyra groaned, "what now?"

"Emma killed someone."

Lyra froze as she was snapping the buckle on her heel shut, slowly sitting up straight and taking the phone from her shoulder with her hand. "What?"

"Yeah." Zach sighed and Lyra pictured him running his hands through his hair. "She was out hunting this morning and came across a campsite. Some guy had sliced his hand open really good and she just couldn't control herself."

"Well where is she now?"

"I've got her here with Michael, they are about to leave for the get back. What do I do?"

Lyra ran a hand through her hair, fingering the end of it. "I don't know, is she stable?"

"Yeah, she seems fine now but an hour ago she was a total wreck. Is there some kind of spell you can do or something?"

"No," Lyra glanced towards the bathroom door to make sure Skylinn was still inside and out of ear shot. "She's a vampire, killing is part of their curse no matter how horrible and wrong it is. I can't take that part out of the curse. She's just going to need to be watched more closely."

Zach sighed, "okay, yeah you're right. I'll have Michael keep an eye on her and stay with her tonight. We will have to watch her to tonight."

"Okay, does she still have the ring I gave her?"

"Yeah, she wears it constantly. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to walk around during the day."

"I was just checking."

She heard Zach sigh again, "I know. This is just getting out of control."

Lyra sighed, "I know. I'm sorry you're stressed out. But Skylinn is coming out of the bathroom so I'll have to talk to you later tonight."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too."

Just as she hung up Skylinn came out of the bathroom. Lyra turned, her mouth falling open with an audible snap, "Oh. My. Gosh."

Skylinn placed a hand on her hip, "how do I look?"

Lyra squealed, clapping her hands with excitement. "Amazing! Like Victoria secret model amazing!"

Skylinn laughed, "thanks. Are you ready?"

Lyra nodded, "I think Sam is already down stairs."

Skylinn held out her arm for Lyra, "shall we?"

The two linked arms and headed out of her room and down the stairs. Sam turned as he heard them coming, his eyes going wide and his mouth falling open. Skylinn was wearing a skin-tight black dress with spaghetti straps that stopped about mid-thigh, exposing her long, tan legs. Sam could feel his mouth going dry, "I-uh-I"

Lyra winked at him, "speechless huh? We did our job then."

Skylinn came to stand in front of him, a small smile on her lips. "How do I look?"

Sam pulled at his open v-neck shirt, "gorgeous. You look fantastic."

Skylinn beamed up at him, "aw, thanks!" She wrapped her arms around his waist, giving him a tight hug before pulling away and linking their arms. "Let's get this night over with."