Status: Updated Weekly

The Choice Is Mine

Chapter One: Haruhi, you're a host?!

Chapter One— Haruhi, you're a host?

I sighed as I threw my backpack onto my bed and went into my closet to change out of my blue and white school uniform. I grabbed a pair of light purple shorts, a white form fitting t-shirt, black long socks, and some black Doc Martens. I changed quickly, before putting on my makeup making sure the eyeshadow had some of the purple that matched the shorts in it. I pulled my long brown curly hair up into a high ponytail before grabbing my black over the shoulder bag and heading back out the door.
I was on my way to meet my cousin Haruhi, it had been a long time since I last saw her and was looking forward to going to her school to meet her and her club members. After we both decided to go to different high schools we hadn’t seen each other much since middle school. It was hard since she was so busy with school and the club she had joined.
Since high school has started I haven't heard much from Haruhi, we talked only a few days out of the month so when Haruhi had said she had gotten permission for me to visit her at school during her club hours I was excited.
I made my way to Ouran High and was surprised to see the enormous building.
Theres no way that this is a high school, I thought as I walked through the front entrance and began following the directions Haruhi had told me to write down.
“Music room three,” I muttered as I stared at the sign. “It looks abandoned, maybe she gave me the wrong room.”
I stared at the doors for a moment but decided to open the doors anyways and when I did so..
“Welcome!” Several voices greeted me.
I walked into the room completely amazed at what was before my eyes and couldn't help but feel pale in comparison to all the boys standing before me.
“It would seem we have a new guest,” a tall blonde boy said while grabbing and kissing my hand. “Tell me, what brings you here?”
I blushed and said, “I’m here to spend some time with my cousin Haruhi, but I think I came to the wrong room.”
Suddenly twins came up to me and said in unison, “You’re Haruhi’s cousin?”
“Y-yeah,” I stared at the gorgeous twins.
“Leave her alone you guys,” Haruhi’s familiar voice filled my ears.
“Haruhi!” I yelled and ran up to hug my favorite cousin. “What is with these people?”
“Well,” said the tall blonde boy. “Allow me to introduce ourselves, my name is Tamaki Suoh and this is my Host Club.”
“Host club?” I muttered.
“Thats right!” A very young boy said jumping up and handing me his pink bunny.
I looked at the bunny and back at the young boy who was in a high school uniform.
“Thats Honey,” Tamaki said while putting his arm around my shoulder. “The tall silent guy is Mori, the twins are Hikaru and Kaoru, and the one with the glasses is Kyoya.”
“Nice to meet you all,” I said smiling. “My name is Scarlett.”
Kyoya walked up to me and formally introduced himself informing me that he was basically in charge of the club and managed all the money, he also explained to me that the reason Haruhi was in the club in the first place was because she broke a very expensive vase that she had to work off.
So, what exactly does a Host Club do?” I asked.
“We entertain young women who have too much time on their hands.”
“Rich people,” I muttered as I adjusted my shirt.

Soon, the club room began to fill up with pretty girls dressed in their school uniforms (that I personally though were uncomfortable and ugly looking) their big yellow dresses flowed around the room. I watched the club members (including Haruhi) talk. Many questions were directed toward me, at least the questions I noticed.
“Who is that girl?”
“She's dressed so strange.”
“Is she lost?”
“Commoner.”
I was irritated, and made sure to stay out of the way.
“Scar!” Haruhi yelled to me. “Come and have coffee with us.”
I walked over, all eyes on me, and sat next to Haruhi. I grabbed the cup of coffee she had prepared for me and smiled at her. The girls sitting with us gave me glares before Haruhi explained that we were cousins.
Suddenly, the girls welcomed me and asked many questions about Haruhi. I found it amusing that they didn’t understand that “commoners” lived normal lives like they did, of course; there were a few differences with out lives compared to theirs.
I felt eyes on me, and looked up to see the auburn haired twins staring at me. I blushed and smiled at them, why are they staring at me.
“Come sit with us,” they said in unison.
“Why?” I smiled at them.
“I dunno, we’re bored.”
I laughed a little, trying hard not to let my face turn red and walked over to the twins.
“So, what are your guy’s names again I forgot with all the commotion.”
“I’m Hikaru,” one of the twins said.
“And I’m Kaoru.” The other finished.
“Scarlett,” I said making sure they knew my name.
Even though they were identical twins I could tell they were quite different. They both had the auburn colored hair, with eyes that matched. Both of them had pale skin and it was flawless, they really did look like models who had their skin airbrushed to hide any flaws.
Hikaru, seemed to have a more mischievous look in his eyes and was probably a lot more childish compared to Kaoru who had a more serious and calm look in his eyes. I could easily see that it would be hard for people to tell them apart based on looks, but based on eyes and personality you could easily tell the difference.
“So what school do you go to?” Kaoru asked me.
“I go to “
“Oh interesting,” they smiled. “Is that the school uniform?”
“On no,” I laughed. “I’m pretty sure if I wore this to school I would be expelled for not following dress code.”
They smiled at me.
I smiled back and felt my cheeks turn a little red, especially since they were both looking at me so mischievously.
Hikaru, Kaoru and I had a pleasant conversation about Haruhi and what we did in middle school. Then before I knew it, the whole club (except Haruhi) was surrounding us listening to me talk about Haruhi and I. I told them about the clubs we were in, our friends, our class together.
Everyone seemed really interested and before I knew it, it was almost dark.
“Oh crap,” I yelled standing up. “It’s late and I have to get home!”
“It’s fine, can’t you talk for a little while longer?”
I shook my head, “I have to walk home and if I’m not back within twenty minutes my brother is gonna beat me up.” I said jokingly knowing how much he worried about me.
“Can you come back tomorrow?” Hikaru said smiling at me.
I smiled back at him, again blushing slightly. “Sure.”
“Great!” The whole club yelled in unison.
“Nice meeting you all, I will be back tomorrow.” I said leaving the music room.

Suddenly, Kyoya was walking beside me.
“A young lady like yourself shouldn’t walk home on her own.” He said matter of factly.
“I’ll be fine,” I said. “I have a knife on the inside of my shorts incase I need it.”
“You carry weapons with you?”
“Just a pocket knife, my brother makes sure I carry one.”
“You have a very protective brother.” He stated.
“Yeah, he's all I got.”
“What happened to your parents?”
“They died.” I said simply. “When I was younger they got into a bad car accident and unfortunately didn’t survive. My grandfather us in, but he got really sick about two years ago and passed away. So now its just me and my brother.”
“Oh, I’m sorry for your loss.” He said.
“What made you decide to walk me home?” I looked at him. “From what Haruhi told me, you always have a motive for doing something. You won’t help someone unless you gain something out of it.”
He looked at me expressionless for a moment, before smirking at me.
I got shivers up my spine when I saw the look he had on his face, but he remained silent while walking beside me. Before I knew it we were at my house.
“Um, this is where I live, thank you for walking me home.” I said bowing.
“Yeah, you’re welcome.” He said smiling sweetly, his sinister expression changing to a fake smile.
I glared slightly at him truing to figure out what his motive for walking me home was.
“See you tomorrow.” He said before a car pulled up. He got inside the car and was gone.
“Weird,” I muttered and then went inside my house.
Instantly my brother greeted me at the door, “who was that?”
“One of Haruhi’s club members Kyoya Ootori.”
“Hm, and why was he walking you home?” He practically yelled.
I laughed a little bit, “he didn’t want me walking home on my own.”
He glared at the door as if Kyoya was standing there.
I laughed at my brother who turned red from embarrassment. “I’m sorry,” he ran his hand through his brown hair.
“I know,” I smiled. “You get worried about me.”
He smiled. “How was Haruhi?”
“Fine, I worry about her with that crazy club though. They invited me back tomorrow.”
He nodded and I went to my room to do my homework and thought about the day. I wonder why he walked me home. And those twins are so cute. I blushed.
“I better not get a crush on any of these boys,” I muttered and began my homework.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Please let me know what you think! Also, I want you guy's to send me ideas you have for this story, I would really love it and it would be helpful for the parts where I'm stuck!
Enjoy reading!
-Ladyymermaid