Status: Remake because other one got deleted. :( sorry for any errors updating from my cell phone.

From the Ashes

Dead.

I shouldn't have been here, knocking on Nicks front door; he could have followed me, tracked me or been lurking in the shadows to kill me. But here I was, knocking on his front door hoping to high hell he was home, hoping I wouldn't have to wonder the streets at four A.M. Banging my fist once more the door flung open, standing on the other side was a furious Fury.

"What in goods name-"

"My landlord kicked me out." My voice was slight harsh and I could see his face drop quickly, his hand gripped my arm with a but of pressure and pulled me in quickly.

"Does any one else know your here or that you've been kicked out?" He peered out of the windows into the night, trying to see if someone was out there.

I shrugged my shoulders in defeat, he could have followed me. He could be waiting out there right now for all I knew, but I had to get away, escape as quickly as I could.

"I'm calling Steve." He was quick to reach for his phone, but I was faster. His phone rested in my hands as I watched him.

"No you won't."

His brows furrowed as he stared at me,arms folded quickly as he leaned against the door frame.

"I don't need his help." I spoke softly as I placed the phone back on the table, showing him that I wasn't going to crush it in one squeeze, which I should have.

A soft snort came from Nick as he watched me, I could see the wheels spinning in his head.

"Then if you don't need his help, why are you here?"

"Because I trust you."

He shook his head.

"And you cant trust Steve? Your best friend?" His voice low but stern.

"No I can't, I don't know him."

"Then get to know him, stop pushing everyone away!"

By now he had pushed himself off the door frame and walked towards his bedroom, leaving me standing in his hallway alone. Biting my bottom lip I glared at his back, I didn't Steve, I didn't need him either. I didn't need anyone for that matter.

Awkwardly I looked around, should I sleep on the floor? His couch? The chair? Huffing once more I sat on the floor and leaned my back against the wall, I was stubborn yes and if I needed to escape there was another door that I could smash through.
"Get up."

My body jerked up right from the seated position I was in, my head throbbed and my throat was dry. My ankle was almost fully healed from the wire he used, so slowly I pushed myself up from the hard wood floor and stretched. A groan escaped my lips as every bone cracked and joint stretched from the awkward sleep.

Nick stood in front of me with a new pair of clothing and a towel, before I could even question him they were tossed at me and I was being pointed in the direction of the bathroom as he mumbled about running errands.

I stood in the shower staring at my feet, the dirt from my body was dripping onto the tub floor along with blood and some leaves. The memory replayed in my head as I stood there, I should have put up a fight. I should have tried to at least kill him, but I couldn't. I was weak, I felt weak. I couldn't kill the winter Soldier because I was staring into the eyes of Bucky barnes.

I stood in the large room waiting to be checked on, they had run multiple tests on me, poking and prodding me with needles. They kept saying that I wasn't perfect, something was wrong but they couldn't figure it out. I would soon have to be terminated because I refused to show any power other then my strength.

A short young man walked into the room, eyeing me carefully as he placed the folders on the desk.I could hear it, the blood pulsing through his veins from across the room. I could feel the urge to rip his throat wide open just at the tip of my tongue, my fingers twitched and I ran my tongue over my lips.

He fiddled with his glasses as he looked at the papers. "Hm, I see we have a new subject." He slowly looked at me and narrowed his eyes while looking back at the paper, nodding and grabbing a few needles from the cooler with a few liquids.

My jaw tightened as I knew exactly what was coming, four other soldiers walked into the room slowly and held their guns ready to shoot. The young man fiddled with the needles before turning his attention back towards me.

"Subject one, you have been a good help and had good service. But your skills lack, you won't speak, your grow, we have to put you down."

My head slightly tilted to the side as he got closer, he reached out to grip my arm and my eyes turned red as I gripped his throat. The fear in his eyes brought me joy as my teeth extended with a smile.

"Sorry, that won't be happening."

My teeth sunk into his neck, the sweet metalic taste of blood dripped down my throat causing me to moan slightly. It wasn't long before the rest of the Men in the room were dead with the throats ripped out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image