Status: New!!

My Own Purgatory

Welcome to the Cortez

The rain was pouring, thunder booming and lightening cracking across the sky. I just caught my boyfriend of two years cheating on me with another woman who happened to be my best friend since second grade. I never liked the rain or thunderstorms for that matter.

I was cold and wet, the wind didn’t help the situation either. I saw a hotel across the street and decided to take a chance and stay there. Walking in the hotel, I was amazed about how beautiful it looked. It reminded me of the twenties. The gold touches and just the overall beauty.

I took my hood off and walked up to the front desk seeing a woman with salt and pepper hair and wearing thick glasses.

“I need a room for the night.” I told her.

“sign your name and I’ll give you your room key.” She replied sliding me the guest book.

I signed my name Vanessa Kurio and then took the room key from her. I looked at it seeing it was room 64. I pushed the elevator call button then it dinged. The doors opened and I got in. I pushed the floor I needed to be on and then the doors shut.

I was so tired and sleepy. I finally arrived on my floor and got out of the hotel. The hallway looked dark and mysterious. My heels were clicking against the hard floor and then I saw room 64. I put the key in and unlocked it. When I walked in it was a beautiful room, I sat my bag down. I heard something then when I turned to look in the living room. I saw a man, black hair parted with a curl in it and wearing a suit that looked from the 20’s to be exact.

“Who are you?” I asked him curious.

He turned to look at me and was stunned or shocked.

“March. James March.” He told then getting up walking to me, “you?”

“Vanessa Kurio” I told him.

"You look like you could use a drink?"He asked walking over to the mini bar in the room.

If i was still the same Vanessa two days ago when my longtime boyfriend proposed me , i wouldn't accept. But maybe that's why i constantly loose. Maybe that's why everybody leaves but i stay at the same page and read it over & over. I should have some new beginnings. I looked at him. He is handsome, old fashioned but good-looking. Nothing like my "ex".

"Got anything strong?" I asked breaking the silence.

His face lighten up. He handed me a glass and I downed in seconds. It burned in the back of my throat.

“Why are you here?” He asked.

“I’m here for a new start, I caught my boyfriend of two years cheating on me with my best friend.” I said then wiping my tears away.

Then, James pulled me in for a hug. I felt so perfect in his arms and he seemed like the perfect guy but sometimes perfect people aren’t.

Making my way to the bar, I needed a good drink. I was having mixed emotions, I was hurt, angry, and everything in between. I sat down at a bar stool then I saw a guy dressed as a woman behind the bar.

“Pick your poison sweetheart.” She said gesturing to the bar.

“Vodka.” I told her.

“So, why are you here?” She asked while pouring my drink.

“I’m here for a new start, I caught my boyfriend of two years cheating on me with my best friend.” I replied.

“That poor man, I couldn’t see anyone cheating on a beautiful woman like yourself.”

“Well, he did.” I said then taking a sip of my drink.

“What room are you in?” She asked.

“Sixty four.” I replied.

“You should get a different room.” She said.

“Why?” I asked, “it looks nice to me”

“well, trust me. Do not trust James March if you meet him.”

“I’ve already have seems like a nice guy. I’m going to go back to my room and go to bed.” I said then downing the rest of Vodka.

Walking to my room, I couldn’t help but think why she would tell me to change rooms. Especially not to trust James. I need to look him up on my laptop. Hopefully, that will give me some answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her Ourfit

Comment and subs