The End of Light

Dinner With Death

As soon as Vega got out of the shower, she had found some clothes neatly folded on the bed. They looked pretty military but they were still nicely fitting to her body and they showed rant. She felt attractive in it but that was the least of her concern. She had so much taken away that he could have taken anything else he wanted from her and she would feel empty anyways. There was nearly nothing left of her.

A few minutes after she got ready, two soldiers came to pick her up to lead her to the dining room. It was in a remote area of the ship. It looked to be that it was part of Kylo Ren's quarters.

Kylo was already sitting down with his helmet on. There was no food on the table. At least not yet. "Come sit." He said without emotion or movement.

Vega made her way over to him and left a space in between them. She did not feel safe enough to sit close to him and it was no surprise why.

The food came out a minute later and it was the same food that she had gotten in the cell. It was just that there was now more food and they definitely would not be able to finish it. Even now, seeing it in larger amounts, she could not tell what it was. What any of the food was. It was foreign. A premade plate of food had been ready for her and placed in front of her. No food was in front of Kylo though.

She looked up at him and was not sure if she was able to talk or if she could start eating. It was a strange predicament that she was in. "Are you not going to eat?"

"I have already eaten, if you don't mind."

Vega was so careful to start talking so she wouldn't upset him in anyway. "Do you ever take off your mask or is it your war paint?"

He leaned in forward to her. "That's not a question you find important. So, tell me what your question is?"

The beautiful young woman just looked down at her lap. "Alright." She took a deep breath and tried to steady her pacing. She had to be ready for what he would do to her if she did or said anything wrong. "Do you mind telling me why I have been placed on this ship?"

"Your mind is fascinating. Your body is of great strength." That's all he said and it still gave her no clue as to what he wanted from her.

"Can you tell me something more? I never asked to be placed here and I don't know what I'm doing here. I didn't even know staying in space was possible." She was frustrated and she pushed a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear.

Kylo Ren fixed himself in his chair. "Space travel is more than possible. Light speed was never in question. We have gone at the speed of light already since you've been here and you had never noticed. You are on an army ship. Those soldiers are called storm troopers."

Now, Vega didn't know what to say. Already, what he was saying didn't make much sense to her. How could it? Going at the speed of light? A space army. She looked up when Kylo Ren stood up and went to the window. The stars outside were endless. "I have a request of you and if you do not abide, I cannot ensure your safety."

"And what would that be?" Her heart beat out of her chest. Surely he didn't want to train her to become a storm trooper or something silly like that. Right? She was just a prisoner. What could he possibly request of her? She looked down at her untouched food and concentrated on it.

He turned to look at her. "Be my wife."

Her eyes widened and she stood up, running down the hall and found the bathroom. She leaned over the toilet and puked. Those words were ridiculous. After what he had put her through. 'be my wife' was what came out of him.

She recovered after a couple minutes and went back into the dining room to see he was wear he had been before. "How could you ask that of me? I don't know you. I don't know what your face looks like. You are a complete stranger to me." Vega tried not to say anything out of hand. He was capable of horrible things. Even with the few things she said, she was scared.

Kylo Ren raised his arms, making Vega flinch, and he took his helmet off. He was nothing like what she had picture. He had brown eyes, a long face. Black wavy hair. She had pictured that maybe the man she had seen in the picture in her room, the demon with horns on his head, was the same man under that mask but he looked nothing like that. Kylo Ren looked like a good man who had seen far too many things in his past and it relieved some of her fear. Maybe he was not as frightening as she had thought.

"If I say yes to marrying you, you are saying that I will never return home, to earth. Is that it?" She sat down.

"Your home is with the first order now." From what was on his face, he did not care about really marrying her. He wasn't marrying her out of love or care. There was something else to it but that one thing was hard to tell this early on in the game.

Vega nodded. "I'll marry you then." She kept her eyes on him, still in surprise of his features. She felt like she would be safe if she were to marry him and that's all that really mattered to her anymore. It was not that she necessarily cared about living now. Vega simply practiced what most people practiced; the basic primal being instinct told her that she had to stay alive.

Kylo put his helmet on his head again and sat down with her. He watched her eat and they did not say another word to each other the rest of supper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thanks for subscribing! Don't forget to write a comment! Tell me what you like about the story, or what you don't. Critique me.