Status: Ongoing story

Unseelie Love

Chapter 1

UNSEELIE LOVE
By Selena Thana
COPYRIGHT 2013 K. GEORGE
Smashwords Edition

This book is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This book may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return it and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
I wrote this book and it is now this self-published under the title no boundaries and the pen name Kalalea George. This book is essentially unchanged with minor differences in the character names and slightly different plot.

INTRODUCTION
The Unseelie court ruled the world a long time ago before my time. Once we own the land and all who wander on it. We are a strong race full of pride. We live, love and laugh. Now, we are hidden in the shadows fearing for our lives. Every year we become less and less. Soon, very soon we will disappear from the world.
It is our own fault our days are numbered. Desiring to live forever as the masters of the world, we used those from the Seelie court to do our bidding. When they started fighting back we created the human race to protect us so that we can continue our quest for infinite power and domination.
Our response to the war also our undoing. The humans came with new diseases that are killing us faster than the Seelie Court. Soon the Seelie Court and the humans began to wed and we Unseelie lost our advantage. It was clear that our time was up as rules and the time of humans and the Seelie court has just started.
That's when I was born. The third year of the rule of Queen Hekuba. I was one of the last pure Slaugh born. Like all Slaugh I drawn my magic from the living and the air. Before the war we kept the Jinns as our personal slaves. We tortured them and used their spirits to fuel our own magic. Now, we are fighting the Jinns and are losing. We both made our home in the fog and smoke high above the mountains. Neither of us will stop until we are all dead.

Glossary of Races & Worlds
The Seelie Races
• Pixie
• Jinn
• Sidhe
• Troll
Unseelie Races
• Brownie
• Goblin
• Slaugh
• Kelpie
Non Allied races
• Humans
• Ghouls
• Changelings
Worlds
• Ghenna – Home world of the Slaugh
• Earth – Created world most predominately occupied by humans, mixed race couples and changelings.
• Jotunheim - Home world of the Jinn
• Vanaheim – Home world of the Pixie before the war. Abandoned because of the magical fallout. Not healthy for anyone to remain on for a long period of time. Currently inhabited by sick humans and unwanted changelings
• Asgard – Home world to the Goblins, but currently overrun by Ghouls
• Nidavellir – Home world of the Brownie
• Muspelheim – Home world of the Trolls
• Thrymheim – Home world of the Kelpie
• Prappubel – Created world after the war. Initially intended for the ghouls since it is magicless. Ghouls refused to relocate so the world is being used for imprisoning criminals.

Chapter 1 ● POINT OF VIEW • Jace
"Do not talk! I have no desire to hear what your voice sounds like. I'm not even sure why I brought you here. I made sure that your arms are tied tightly so do not even think about trying any magic. I left the food on the table. Eating or not is your choice.
You know, I should have killed you. If anyone realizes that I have you here they will kill both of us. So, unless you have a death wish do not even think about leaving this room. I have business with my Marchioness. Do not go up or you will tear open your stitches. I'll be back in about an hour. Maybe by then I will have some sense."
I took in everything about her in less than two minutes. She was amazingly, beautiful and very fit. Her muscles rippled and swelled with every movement of her body. She was absolutely beautiful and the complete opposite of me. As a Slaugh I had very pale skin almost transparent. My hair is pitch black and pin straight hanging below my waist and I have two large horns that jut into the air and wrap back around similar to horns on a ram. My eyes are also pitch black and completely devoid of all color giving us the appearance of being soulless. I have a long pointed ears and a lanky body without a shred of fat on my nearly eight foot frame. Of course my best feature are my huge black wings that shoot from my back on demand.
The Jinn had a warm caramel color skin. It looked almost as if the sun itself bent its head and kissed her flesh. Her hair was pale white hanging to her waist in beautiful waves. For a Jinn she was tall for a female, I’d beet she was close to my own eight feet. Her eyes could not be more different than mine, where mine were dark and reminded people of evil things, hers were super light and seemed to sparkle like diamonds. They were the oddest of purple I’d ever seen. Even for a Jinn they would consider very unique.
I heard the door click shut behind her and pushed her and her eyes out of my mind. It was time to assess the condition of my body. I needed to find out how I injured was, and if I were likely to survive if I chose to fight. I tried to move my legs and was pleased when I felt no pain. Then I remember being stabbed through the abdomen. I quickly looked down and was shocked when I saw the fresh healing bandages.
My hands were tied behind my back, and despite several attempts I was unable to release the ropes regardless of the spell I used. Figuring magic was not the answer, I tried to sit up and figure out my next steps from there. That's when I understood what she did to me while I was unconscious. She must have placed an Inhibitor around my neck. An Inhibitor is a device we created to control the magic of the Seelie court. It basically channeled the magic of the wearer to the closest magical being not wearing an Inhibitor. It also prevented the wearer from performing magic or even defying orders given by anyone not wearing an Inhibitor
In this case, the Jinn control me and was probably getting a boost of magic. I took a deep breath and tried to remember her words exactly. I had an advantage since the Slaugh created the Inhibitors and those from the Seelie Court really had no idea about its flaws. For example, I could not defy her order, but I was able to twist its meaning to suit my own interests. I was driving myself crazy trying to remember what she said. It was important that I remembered her words exactly. Damn I was paying too much attention to her looks and not enough to my own situation.
I was already nineteen years old and a skilled and effective warrior for a number of years already. I should know better. In times of war, you learn to fight or die young. There is nothing in the middle. Slaugh like all the races in the Unseelie court are unique in appearance and can’t hide among the Seelie and the war took no prisoners. I knew the inevitable result. In the end the Unseelie court would be no more. We are facing annihilation and have no choices left. It was our own fault. Our own egotistical desire for power and domination. We rejected peace treaty after the peace treaty the Seelie court offered us. We laugh and spit in their faces.
Then, in a rally the last Queen before Hekuba tried to give us an advantage by casting an unimaginable spell. Olympia believed that the war would finally turn back to our favor. She tore the souls of every Seelie court person in two and threw the pieces out in different directions. As she hoped, the spell shattered their souls and stopped them dead in their tracks. Many even died of pure heart ache. The spell, however, had unexpected side effects, in particular it rebounded and hit the Unseelie court as well.
For a time the battle paused while the Unseelie and Seelie courts tried to learn to live without desire in our hearts. Then the Seelie court did something we never expected. They sought out and found the missing piece of their souls. Pixies, Brownies, Jinn Sidhe, and even humans wed each other fulfilling their hearts desire and reuniting their soul with their true love. These unholy unions created all kinds of forbidden changelings that in turn pledged their loyalty and arms to the Seelie court. Once the members of the Seelie court realized they could find true love and repair their hearts desires the Seelie court again returned to war and regained control.
Unlike the Seelie court, the Unseelie court were not having the same kind of luck finding our hearts desire in the Unseelie court. When the spell rebounded on Queen Olympus the Unseelie court members hearts desires were cast out among the humans and the Seelie courts. Also unlike the Seelie court, our queen has ordered us to reject our hearts desire if we find it in a human or a member of the Seelie court. She told us that it was sullied and impure buried inside an unworthy vessel. The law specifies Unseelie court members simply kill it and move on. After a bit of time most Unseelie court members have become a bit emotionless. According to my mom it’s because our hearts desire was the better half of our soul.
So, when I found my heart’s desire in the eyes of Jinn I assumed that she would kill me and move forward. It is what I would do if I had the upper hand. Now, however, I realize that the Jinn wants to wed me even though I am the enemy. I know the score, however, and I knew it would never work. If she was not strong enough to kill me, I would be strong, and kill her. Either way, we could not reunite our hearts desire. She was Jinn of the Seelie court and I a Slaugh of the Unseelie court and nothing would change that.
She however, had no idea I would never accept her. It did not matter that she was looking good, or even that she smelled good or felt good to my touch. I will not wed with a Jinn from the Seelie court. It made my stomach turn with disgust. She could not convince me. If I could not kill her, I would slit my own throat open and let my soul go free. I pushed thoughts of the Jinn out of my mind and focused again on the words she said to me.
I just needed to find the gap that would let me escape. She said something about eating or not eating. Then keep quiet and not to sit up and open my stitches. Fine I thought let's try to slip out of bed instead of sitting up. I scooted myself to the edge and slid easily out of bed. Once on the floor I realized that I was still unable to get myself into a sitting position.
No problem I thought to myself, then I rolled over on my stomach wound and used my head to help me get up on my knees. Without my hands that was difficult but achievable. In the end I used the wall and my face to get me on my feet. By the time I was up I was trembling in pain and exhausted. I looked down and saw blood oozing from my stomach wound. I took a step and felt the world turnabout and just like that everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love to write but no so much with the grammar and editing. If you want to help... let me know