Luna Roja

Roja

It was raining.

Soft cracking pitter patters of tear drops falling from the sky. Not pouring rain just a very gentle dusting of it through the cloudy city to the north.

In a alleyway among the light hiss of tires cruising through the wet streets, the honks of traffic and the clustered muffle of busy crowded street stood a figure leaned against the wall. Her hands shoved casually into the pockets of her fur collared leather jacket. Eyes closed peacefully as a cigarette dangled from her lips, damp and fizzling out from the rain.

She reached for the poisonous pleasure with slender chestnut fingers. Tossing it the ground it landed before approaching feet. Opening her eyes she trailed them from his black boots up his midriff and to his face, which held a trade mark smirk.

"You got some wicked eyes kid"

He said.

She sighed and smiled "Tsume, you'd think you could greet me in a new way by now" she mused lazily standing upright away from the wall. Tsume shrug and walked off leaving her to follow. "Then wear some contacts" he said amused. She shook her head and followed after him, heels clicking quickly behind him.

------
------

"Roja will lead this raid" Tsume said as he and the woman from before sat with a small collection of people. Slum dogs is what he looked like in shabby to slightly shabby attire. "We can't boss, the Nobles are catching on...." a man in about his mid 30s said timidly not making eye contact with Tsume.

Roja watched the man, Derik was his name. He was tough stuff most of the time. That is until under Tsume's cold gaze. Roja sighed and looked over their gang. They all seemed uncertain.

"Are you chickening out?" Tsume sneered. Derik looked to the side in shame "its not like that its just..." he muttered a young man in his teens pushed past a few others "Its to dangerous!" He barked. "You've been getting more and more reckless! Nero almost had his leg snatched clean off! We barely came back last time!" He barked, this was Finn a loud mouthy fellow who was constantly challenging Tsume for role of leader.

"You're slipping Tsume, losing your touch!" Finn shouted and almost instantly.

STLAHP!

Finns head turned and a throbbing red mark lay on his cheek. Roja leered and lowered her hand. It was quiet for a moment.

"You really think you could do better?" She asked him. But it was still silent. Looking up she glared at everyone

"Any of you?"

Still no one answered her.

"Cowards" she said flatly "you'd all be on the corner begging for scraps if Tsume hadn't scooped you up. None of you would be doing any of this otherwise. A cold as Tsume can be, he's the only one here with the skill or compassion to do what we as a whole are doing" Roja spoke calmly. "You would hoard the spoils from the raids to yourselves, instead of dividing it evenly and then sharing with those this city and the Nobles have forgotten" Roja watched as they lower their heads. Glaring disdainfully at Finn.

Tsume waited, making sure Roja was done before stepping up next to her. Closely, as close as he could. "Right, so we hit tonight's train, the pack maneuver" He added. Roja watched over the others but all each could do was nod.

-----
-----

Roja sat with Tsume on the roof top. She sat with her knees tucked below her and watched Tsume as he laid on his back arms crossed under his head as he gazed at the moon which had found a small break in the clouded sky.

He had a frown etched on his face. Roja sighed and looked to the sky to. He had done this every night since he'd found her. He never said a word either. Sometimes, most times he looked peaceful but lately he has looked more and more troubled. A distant look. It had been like this for the past week, after he'd ridden his Cycle through the city.

It was to quiet for Roja, Tsume never talked much. But this silence was unnerving "Tsume" she called looking to him. "What" he said half paying her any mind. "There's something stuck there in your head." Roja paused testing the mood in the air "what is it?" She asked. "Every damn thing" he grumbled "is it Finn? Because the others would never follow Fi-"

"Its not that" Tsume cut in Roja fell silent his tone was sharp which meant she needed to be quiet.

Tsume glanced up at her, a twing of guilt. He huffed and heaved his body up, he sat with his knees draw to his chest. "You should go gather everybody we leave soon" he said. Roja watched his back which had been facing her. She hesitated but got to her feet with a nod. "Very well Tsu" she said lowly.

Tsume sighed and looked up to the moon listening to the clicks of her heels fade away. "You had to come back, didn't you" he muttered hollowly a pair of convicting blue eyes burned in his memory.

-----
-----

"He's Late!" Finn yelled getting into Roja's face as the gang waited in the abandoned factory. "He's coming, be patient you little welp!" Roja said nearly snarling as she got into his face as well. Her Scarlet eyes frozen in loathing. "Says his Bitch!" Finn shot, "say that again?" Roja said in a low murderous voice.

"L-look he is here!" Another member stammered feel the high tension in the room. Roja turned quickly on her heel, her long waves of dark chocolate hair smacking Finn in the face.

Tsume as calm and aloof as ever walked in with his hands in his pockets. His olive eyes scanning the place. Roja watched him ready for a command, however he could not help bunch smirk at her twitching hand and annoyed eyes. His eyes then landed on Finn who glared still at her.

"The dune buggies are ready" Derik stated. Tsume nodded "then lets get going" he said walking past Derik, Roja following on beat and everyone else after.