Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Late Night Encounters

Raelyn smiled as Zacky walked out of the venue. He had told her that after the concert, he wanted to go out with her… Even if it was ridiculously late. He walked over to her car and slipped into the passenger seat without making any comments. She started the car and they headed back towards Huntington Beach. “So, I’m starving.” Raelyn finally spoke up, breaking the silence that surrounded them. She knew he was waiting for her comments on the concert.

“So let’s stop at IHOP.” He offered as he gestured towards the upcoming restaurant. “Either here or Denny’s…” Zacky added when he noticed her scrunch her nose at the suggestion of IHOP. “No where else is open…”

Raelyn glanced over at him, rolling her eyes in the process. “And whose fault is that?” She grumbled as she turned into the driveway. She pulled into a space and cut the engine. She laughed at the way Zacky basically floated over to the door of the restaurant. “And I thought I was happy to eat.”

When she caught up to him he held the door open for her. When they made their way to the hostess counter a guy slightly taller than Zacky with black hair and a goatee led them to a booth near the back. She slid in one side and watched as Zacky slid in the other side. The waiter laid their menus down and stepped away to go help another table. She flipped through the menu once before deciding on one of their various pancake dishes. “Can I start you guys off with something to drink?” The waiter had returned.

Once he had the drink orders, he walked away again. “So, are you going to keep me in suspense all night long?” Zacky finally asked, his eyes coming up to meet hers. “What did you think of the show?”

Raelyn shrugged slightly as she played with her fingers. “It was alright, I guess.” She feigned disinterest and found herself laughing when his face fell. “Okay, I’m sorry. It was good. I liked it. Surprisingly.”

Zacky raised an eyebrow at her tone of voice. “Surprisingly?”

“I was ready to hate it after hating you guys throughout high school.” She shrugged. “That kind of anger doesn’t just go away.” Raelyn shrugged. She smiled her thanks at the waiter as he set her orange juice down in front of her. She wrapped her hands around the glass and looked down at it.

Zacky cleared his throat as he added cream and sugar to the coffee in front of him. “I was a bit of a jerk in high school…” He mumbled, an uncomfortable tone in his voice.

“‘A bit’?” Raelyn asked with a snort. “‘A bit’ is a little bit of an exaggeration don’t you think?” She sipped the orange juice as she looked over at him and waited for his response.

Zacky sighed and took a sip of his coffee before speaking. “Alright, I was a total asshole in high school. I don’t know why Gina stayed with me as long as she did.” He explained with a shrug. “I’m sorry that I was an asshole to you. I hope I’m making progress in changing your opinion of me.” He gently reached forward and took one of her hands in his.

Raelyn smiled as she squeezed his hand lightly. “You’re getting there.”
Tori got home from the concert and tossed her keys on the coffee table. She was sore and exhausted from being shoved around. She had been thankful when she and Raelyn had gone to the backstage area. She headed for the kitchen to grab a beer when she heard a knock on the door. A quick glance to her watch reminded her that it was way too late for there to be visitors. She rolled her eyes as she put the bottle down on the counter and headed for the door. “I swear to god,” She grumbled as she pulled the door open. “What the fuck, Haner. Didn’t get enough of my attention at the concert?” She rolled her eyes at him and walked back towards the kitchen leaving the door open for him to come in if he wanted to.

She heard him follow her in and turned around to find him standing in the doorway to the kitchen awkwardly. She popped the top off the beer and offered it to him. He took it from her and watched as she turned around and grabbed a new bottle from the fridge. She popped the top off and took a sip from it. “I didn’t want to go home tonight.”

Tori shrugged at him before heading towards her room to change into something more comfortable. She walked back out in a tank top and lounge pants. “Does that mean you’re spending the night?” She inquired as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Probably. Michelle sent me a text telling me she’s waiting for me at ‘home.’” He stated using air quotes to over emphasize the word ‘home.’ “I keep trying to tell her that the papers mean it isn’t our home. That there’s a reason she’s staying with Matt and Val.” He rolled his eyes and drained the entire bottle in his hand. “Please tell me you have more.”

She nodded with a smile and pointed to the fridge before heading to the couch and turning the television on. After changing the channels a few times she left it on ‘The Breakfast Club’ and glanced up as Brian came and took a seat next to her. “Hope you didn’t plan on watching some action movie.” She teased him.

“Who can argue against watching a classic?” He grinned at her and leaned back. She smiled and went back to watching the movie, her head coming to rest on his shoulder. She yawned and he wondered how long she would last before falling asleep on him like she did those years ago.

About an hour later, Brian turned off the television and waited for a few moments for his eyes to adjust to the dark room. He gently picked up Tori, pausing for a moment when she stirred slightly, and headed for her bedroom. He managed to pull back the blanket and place her on the bed. When he went to cover her with the blanket her hand shot out and caught his arm. “Stay.” She mumbled. When he tried to write it off as her talking in her sleep, she spoke again. “Please.”

“Okay.” He spoke quietly in case she was still sleeping. He slowly unbuckled his belt and took off his jeans before shedding his shirt. He walked around her bed to the other side and got under the covers next to Tori. “If at any point you want me to leave… Just tell me.”
By the time Raelyn and Zacky left IHOP it was two in the morning. She brushed stray strands of hair behind her ear and smiled as Zacky held the door for her. “You know, I don’t think I’ve just talked with someone like that for a really long time.” She admitted with a small smile.

“Me either.” He admitted as they walked over to the car. “I have to admit, I don’t want the night to end here.”

She glanced back at him and smiled slightly. “What if I told you…” She turned so she was facing him and pulled on his t-shirt so he was closer to her. “It doesn’t have to?” She whispered softly in his ear. Raelyn smiled when she felt him stiffen.

“You’re not just pulling my leg…” He breathed out as he pulled her flush against him. “Because I don’t want to play games tonight.” He whispered before pressing his lips to hers before she could answer. When he pulled away, the look in her eyes was all he needed before pressing his lips to hers again.

“Mmm, not here.” She mumbled. Pulling away seemed physically painful to her. “Let’s go back to my apartment.” He nodded and the two slid into the car and headed for her apartment.
Raelyn parked in one of the spots designated for her apartment and quickly cut the engine. After sharing a look, the two headed for her door. Once the door was closed, Raelyn’s back was pressed against it, Zacky pinning her hands above her head as he kissed her. She returned the kiss and once he released her hands, she had them wrapped around his neck to keep him from moving.

She pushed him away gently and pulled his shirt up over his head and tossed it off to the side. He pulled her into him and reached for the bottom of her shirt as well. When they heard movement coming from Tori’s room they both froze. When the noise stopped they both let out a sigh of relief. She reached for his hand and gently tugged him towards her bedroom.

Once they made it inside, Zacky shut her door and looked down at her. The look in his eyes was questioning. A moment later, she shoved him against the door and kissed him. She pulled away and tugged her shirt up and over her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still feeling stupid about missing a chapter. Still thankful for the comments as I mentioned before. I of course forgot to copy paste the author's note.