One Direction One Shots

Niall Horan 7

~Lauren's P.O.V.
"Give us more questions, people!" I grinned, biting into an oreo, watching the crumbs cascade into my lap. Niall laughed, stole an oreo from the packet and squinted to read the screen carefully.
"When's the wedding?" He repeated, blushing madly. I cracked up into laughter, choking on my oreo. I made a swishing motion with my hands to represent 'No', because all that was coming out of my mouth was coughing. Niall explained for me. "Laurens got a boyfriend, guys. We are not together. Just friends." He said, rather quickly, and I nodded in agreement.
"Yup." I managed to say after I had washed down the small crumbs lodged in my throat with some water. "What's his name? Niall?" The tweet appeared on the screen in an instant and I rolled my eyes. "Okay, my boyfriend is not Niall. My boyfriends name is Declan, and this is him." I flashed the camera with a photo of Declan, my blue eyed-dark haired beauty. "Do you believe me now?" I swished my auburn hair behind my shoulder, slipping the photo away back in my wallet.
In case you hadn't guessed, Niall and I were having a Twitcam at exactly 10:23 p.m. because we were extremely bored and it was one of the rare nights where the boys didn't have rehearsal. "Alrighty, we're going to get going now." Niall announced, waving. "Thanks for tuning in, we will try and do another one some other time." He smiled at the camera and quickly switched it off.
"That was fun." I chuckled and lifted myself off of the chair in front of the computer.
"Yeah." Niall agreed, treading into the kitchen to get more snacks. I giggled, and flopped down on the couch. "WE'RE OUT OF SNACKS!" Niall groaned from the kitchen, and I yelled back.
"Make some then, love." I flicked through the channels on the flat screen in the living room, hoping to find something decent on TV at this time. I settled on an old re-run of Friends.
He ran out of the kitchen, looking baffled. "You know how to cook?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"No... I thought you did." I replied, turning to him. He shrugged and grinned wickedly.
"Well, lets start baking and hope to God we don't burn the house down!" He dragged me off the couch as I lazed about.
"Fine." I mumbled, and searched through the cupboards for old recipe books. "Ooh, I found one!" I picked up the rather thick and musty book, slamming it on the counter. Niall leaned over my shoulder, peeking at the pages. The book had various instructions for desserts such as cookies, cakes, meringues, custards and more. We decided to bake a batch of Valentines Day cupcakes, even though the holiday was long gone.
"We need butter, sugar, eggs, milk and some other stuff." Niall exclaimed, opening the fridge. I nodded and searched through the food cupboard for the sugar. I turned around with an armful of sugar containers to find Niall staring at me.
"What?" I asked. He smiled slightly.
"Nothing, nothing." I knitted my brows together in a frown, then shrugged it off. I set the containers down on the table and then tied my sleek hair into a quick bun to keep it from getting into the food. Niall handed me a large bowl, and we chatted while throwing the ingredients into the bowl.
"Okay, I'm mixing first!" Niall said, and I gasped.
"Noooo, I already said I was!" I stole the spoon off of him and poked him with it. He was fast to grab another wooden spoon from the drawer and soon it turned into a spoon-sword fight. I scooped up some of the gloopy batter onto my spoon and spun around to see Niall had already done the same. I took a step back, Niall laughing.
"You wouldn't dare..." I kept my eyes on the spoon in Niall's hand and he nodded.
"I would Lauren. You know I would..." It all came so fast as he threw it at the front of my hoodie, dripping down onto the floor. My eyes widened and my head snapped up to his face.
"Oh that is it Niall Horan!" I threw the big blob into his hair and soon enough we were both in fits of laughter, covered in cupcake mix. "So much for baking a snack, then." We both walked into the living room, looking for some towels when I heard the front door open. I was puzzled, considering the other boys were all out for dinner and weren't due home for at least another hour. I saw Declan walk in, holding a bouqet of flowers. My heart fluttered.
"Declan!" I yelled, and ran up to hug him. He stopped me, putting a hand on my arm.
"Woah, woah woah!" He looked at the mess on my clothes and shook his head. Niall stood next to me now, staring at Declan. "I just got this shirt drycleaned, no stains for me, please!" He handed me the flowers and didn't even bother to say hi to Niall.
"I'll just wipe this up, then." I walked into my bedroom to find a towel.
~Niall's P.O.V.
Finally, alone with Declan. I know what he's been trying to do, and it's about time I confront him. "Listen, Declan, I know about your little secret." I sneered. He cackled.
"What the hell are you on about, Horan?"
"I know your cheating on Lauren." I hissed, and he clenched his jaw.
"Like your going to tell her." He smirked.
"Yeah, I am actually.. And there's nothing you can do about it, tough guy." I chuckled and he narrowed his eyes in anger.
"I'll give you tough guy then, buddy." He took a step back, and his right arm came flying at me, knocking me right in the eye. I wobbled a bit, trying to hold back the pain. I heard an echoey laugh, and his fist made connection with my eye again, and a stab of pain made me fall to the ground.
~Lauren's P.O.V.
I scrubbed the batter off of Niall's hoodie he had let me borrow, and muttered to myself. Declan was acting strange tonight. He's usually so much sweeter.
"Alright, I found a towel!" I raised my head to look at them, and screamed. Niall was laying on the floor, a giant bruise around his left eye. I was petrified as I ran over, leaning over his body. I could feel tears welling in my green eyes as I stood up to Declan. "What is wrong with you!?" I yelled in rage. His blue eyes widened in fear.
"No, listen, Lauren I can explain!" I threw the flowers at him and shook my head.
"Just leave, Declan. Now!" I grabbed my phone and with quavering hands I dialled Louis' number.
"Louis, you have to come home now. All of you." I pleaded.
"I can't Lauren. We're in the middle of dinner!" I started to sob, and he softened up. "What's wrong?" He asked.
I took a shaky breath. "It's Niall. Please, come quick!" I hung up after he agreed, and sat next to Niall. I took deep breaths, hoping he would be alright. I looked at his face and winced, seeing blood trickling down from around his eye. I took off my jumper and held it against his face as I thought about Declan. How could he do this? Why? I was startled by the unlocking of the front door, and Harry barging in.
"What happened?" He stared down at Niall and gaped. "Oh my god." For some reason, this made me cry even more, and I removed the clothing from his face, revealing the wound. I explained everything to the boys while Liam called the ambulance. I was shaking and I felt terrified. Louis pulled me into a hug and we sat on the couch together while I cried. I felt miserable. If I had never left, nothing would have happened and everything would have been fine. Everything happened in a blur as the ambulance arrived and I travelled with the guys to get there.
We all sat in the waiting room, anxious to find out any news. We knew he wasn't going to be seriously hurt, but we were still scared.
"Are you alright?" Harry took my hand and looked at me with his blue eyes. I smiled weakly and nodded.
"Yes. Thanks Hazza." I smiled and he returned the smile.
"Look I should probably tell you something." I looked at him. "Niall loves you, you know."
I nodded. "I know."
He shook his head. "No, he loves you." Harry put emphasis on the word love and I thought for a few minutes. He loved me?
"What does that mean?" I asked Harry, but he was looking up at a nurse.
"Why don't you ask him yourself?" He nudged me and I looked up.
"Your allowed to go in and see Mr.Horan." She smiled warmly, and I got up, taking a deep breath. I walked into the white room, looking at all the machines. Niall was fine, and just had to get a few stitches above his eye. I sat next to him on the edge of the bed, and had a look around.
"How are you doing Niall?" I asked sympathetically, and he shrugged.
"I've been better." I giggled.
"Look, what was the fight even about?" Niall explained it to me, and I frowned. I can't believe Declan was cheating on me.
"I'm so sorry Lauren." I fought the tears that were trying to escape.
"I knew it." I whispered. "Can I have a hug please Niall? A Horan hug?" I sniffed, letting a tear roll down my cheek. He nodded, and I moved over as he sat up and gave me a huge hug. I sat in his arms for a few moments, crying into his shoulder.
I moved back and sat cross legged on the bed so I faced him. He leaned over to wipe my tears away, and I smiled softly.
"I don't know how Declan could cheat on you. He had the most amazing girl in the world, and he went and took advantage of her." I blushed and looked down.
"Aw, Niall..." I laughed, and nudged him playfully. He looked at me with his piercing blue eyes that made me blush even more.
"I love you." He said and I looked up. He closed his eyes. "I... I didn't mean to say that."
I leaned over and kissed him, letting him know how I felt. We pulled apart and I smiled. He laughed.
"Okay, well maybe I did mean to say that then." He grinned, and we shared another kiss, still in the hospital room.
I held his hand, feeling more ecstatic than ever. We talked for ages until I was told I had to go home.
"Bye Niall." I waved, and gave him one last goodbye kiss. I walked out of the room and saw Harry standing there.
"I told you he loved you." He grinned, and we walked out into the carpark.
"And we have a date for Nandos tomorrow night."
Harry rolled his eyes.
"That boy is obsessed with Nandos!" We both laughed.
"I know."