One Direction One Shots

Harry Styles 16

Harry Styles POV
“Please welcome the boys from One Direction. They’re going to be our guest judges for today’s Battle of the Bands competition.” There was a round of applause and a few screams from fan girls in the crowd. The guys and I walked out onto the stage and took our seats at the edge.
Being famous has its perks. For example, today. We were invited to be guest judges for Yorkshire’s annual Battle of the Bands competition. Although this was a mainly underground battle, as a mainstream boy band we’d got enough of a fan base to give us an opportunity like this.
“Well, our next band is called ‘The Charts’. They’re going to do a cover of the Australian Indies band Snakadaktal’s ‘Air’. Please welcome them to the stage.” The MC announced. The guys and me clapped enthusiastically. It was great to see some young musicians our age trying to make it into the record industry.
I was completely bewildered the minute the main singer of the group stepped onto stage. She was gorgeous, with stunning silver-grey eyes and long, praline coloured hair that was held up in a plait running down her back. She was wearing the usual Indies-Punk styled attire; black skinny jeans, boots, and a t-shirt that was at least three sizes too big for her that fell down around her shoulders. She walked over to the mike as the other members of her band, all boys, took their places behind their respected instruments.
“So, who are you?” I asked. She shrugged.
“The name’s Parker Brennan. This is Jay,” she said, motioning to the guitarist, “Nick,” she pointed to the bassist this time, “and finally our drummer, Yuko. We’ve all come from Australia.”
“Cool. Australia? That’s so far away. Well, best of luck. So, whenever you’re ready!” Liam said with a wave. She nodded, counting the boys in.
Parker Brennan POV
I liked One Direction, that was no lie; but when Jay told me that they were guest judging the competition I almost freaked out entirely. I may love my music but I hate getting things wrong. If I mucked up today in front of the boys from One Direction I would never forgive myself. I respect them as musicians, even though our styles of music are vastly different.
I love how the boys from One Direction are always so positive. I’m a pessimist. When Yuko told us all about this competition I didn’t want to do it at first, for fear of embarrassment. We’d only just moved across from Australia to England to see if we could break it into the music industry over here, but we’d had no luck over the past few weeks. Yuko thought this might be a lucky break. Although I only want to make it, I don’t think we can. It’s like a far off fantasy; we couldn’t get into the record industry over in Australia because it was too small, but even if it’s a bigger industry over here that doesn’t mean we’ll ever make it.
Let me tell you a bit about my love for One Direction. Well, it’s only really a love of one specific member. Harry Styles. When we first came over to Yorkshire, they were the first I saw on the television. A young group of boys all out to try and do just what we were trying to do. They were young and so optimistic, and seeing them find a record deal off the show gave me a little hope for my own situation. I love Harry Styles, but only for his enthusiasm and optimism. I wish I had that type of personality; I yearn to be able to see the best of things in a situation, but alas, I never can. I can’t even understand love. It’s all commercialized, just like Christmas and Easter. People seem to try and make money out of everything. I mean, look at all the chocolates and flower they manage to sell on Valentine’s Day, and at Easter, and all those presents that go to people at Christmas whether they like it or not. It’s all a stupid, waste of time.
I sighed to myself, giving the guys the signal. It was now or never. The winner of this competition would get Universal Music to sign them. I had to do my best so we could all chase that dream. Usually I hate being the centre of attention, but with the guys here at least if something went on they could cover for me. I nodded my head and Yuko brought us in with a gentle backbeat. Jay and Nick started with a few chords and I took the microphone into my hand, bringing it to my lips. I sung in my lightest, clearest voice.
“The girl next door said that your walks go too long
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
While she was singing her favourite song
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
Her smile hid behind the camera lense
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
He tried not to laugh but he chuckled like a hen
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
And that love that we fatally made
And the doves that took it away
And the love that you said it can’t stay
It went away
Harry Styles POV
I gasped. This Parker girl had an amazing voice. I’d never heard of a voice like hers before; she was young, yet she had such a rich tone. She closed her eyes, blocking out the whole audience, so caught up in the song. It sounded amazing. The rest of the band was also quite good.
It was the perfect song choice for someone like her. Although she had main vocals, she was also lightly playing a few notes on a keyboard that sat before her, her nimble hands gently gliding over the keys. She was beautiful, with a stunning voice to match. The guitarist of the band answered her singing with a gentle voice. The song was purely atmospheric. I wanted to get to know this Parker Brennan. I felt some strange connection to her. That voice; it had some strange, hypnotic quality to it…
Our city of battle trees is curled up to sleep
We spent all of our money buying roses for the king
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
And the shade may be breaking through your window
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
Don’t look for the answer, it's the question you don’t know
Oh oh, air, oh oh, air
And that love that we fatally made
And the doves that took it away
And the love that you said it can’t stay
It went away
Parker Brennan POV
I squinted my eyes open just a little, trying to see the smallest of expressions on the boys from One Direction’s faces. Harry Styles was staring at me, but I already knew this. I felt his eyes on me throughout the whole song… but why was he staring at me? It couldn’t be because we were a good band. I mean, my vocals were nothing compared to theirs. I gave up thinking, deciding it was best to close my eyes once again. If I thought too much about things other than the song, I was sure to stumble on the lyrics. I concentrated as hard as I could. There was no way I was going to embarrass myself now; I was already halfway through the song!
And that love that we fatally made
And the doves that took it away
And the love that you said it can’t stay
It went away
It went away…
It’s the question you don’t know
It’s the question you don’t know
It’s the question you don’t know”
Harry Styles POV
Once the competition was over, I left the guys and made my way backstage, looking for Parker. I found her quickly; she was in a room with a piece of A4 paper taped to the door that read her band name, ‘The Charts’. I smiled and pushed it open.
“Hello?” I called out. I received a rush of heads turning. “Hi. Uhm, I was just wishing you luck. I’m sure you’ll get through the finals. Also, er… did you guys want to come clubbing with me and the boys tonight?” The bassist and drummer nodded, and the guitarist gave me an enthusiastic grin. The girl, however, Parker, gave no indication of interest.
“Oh, all right then. If everyone’s going. I’ve never actually been clubbing before.” I chuckled.
“Well then. I guess me and the guys will have you teach you all how to party like a Brit!” She gave me a weak smile.
Parker Brennan POV
What was I supposed to do? With the guys going out with the boys from One Direction, I would be left alone at our apartment, and I wasn’t good when it came to looking after myself, because I’ve got a bad history, one I choose not to mention. I’ve never gone clubbing. My first experience of clubbing is apparently going to be with One Direction. What was I going to do? What was I going to wear? I grumbled and got changed. Perhaps a little black dress will do? It was slightly gothic in style, resembling the Japanese Visual-Kei movement of which I was a massive fan. I stuck on my black leather boots and applied some very heavy eyeliner before stepping out to the other guys.
“Ready to go, Parks?” Jay asked. I nodded.
“Sure. But don’t let me do anything stupid.” He smirked at me.
“Nah, Parks. You need to let yourself go… you know, wind down a little.” Yuko nodded.
“I agree with Jay, you’re always stressed out. Maybe a little drinking will do you some good.” I growled at him. Without them watching me, this could prove to be an interesting night…
--
“Parks, stop! I think you’ve had enough for now.” I leant over the counter and glared at the curly haired boy.
“Oh, and you didn’t want me stop me say… half an hour ago on glass number eight, Harry Styles?” Harry Styles had stayed with me the whole night. I’d refused to dance, but the guys and the rest of One Direction were happily on the dance floor right now. No, I was sitting here, drinking and drinking, and drinking some more. “You know what, now I know why Captain Jack Sparrow likes rum so much…” I mumbled to myself. The boy chuckled.
“Parks. Give it a rest. Why are you drinking so much anyway.” I glared at him. He shook his head and linked arms with me, dragging me out of the bar. I stumbled over my feet a couple of times, before deciding to finally sit down on the cold cement outside the building.
“So what’s wrong?” Harry asked me again, taking a spot next to me. I grumbled and glared at him, still not accustomed to the cool of English nights.
“Well, if you want to really know, I hate love.” He looked at me quizzically.
“What do you mean?” He asked. I shrugged.
“Love’s a whole bunch of bullshit. No one truly means love, its all a fabricated lie. Like, I have feelings for someone, but they won’t ever love me…” He glanced at me.
“Who is this person you have feelings for?” I shook my head.
“You… but you don’t like me, obviously. Love doesn’t even exist in this pitiful world.” What came next was a shock. Even though I was practically intoxicated and smelled faintly of alcohol, he kissed me, running his tongue over my lips.
“Uh… Harry?”
“Parker, I know this is hard to believe, and I know you don’t believe in love, but… I have feelings for you. Strong feelings. I think I love you. Will you please give me a chance?” My eyes widened. I definitely wasn’t thinking straight.
“Did you just say that, or am I hallucinating?” He grinned.
“Yes, I said that. No, I don’t think you’re hallucinating. But come on; let’s get you back home. Just tell me the way and I’ll stay over the night. I’ll also phone the guys.” I gave him Jay’s number and he left a message on his phone. Harry was so good to me. Perhaps it was love? I still wasn’t sure, but things were definitely looking up for me. I felt like I was floating on air; so much lighter than before, yet weary of my experiences.