One Direction One Shots

Louis Tomlinson 10

I never thought I’d die alone
I laughed the loudest who’d have known?
I trace the cord back to the wall
No wonder it was never plugged in at all
I took my time, I hurried up
The choice was mine I didn't think enough
I’m too depressed to go on
You’ll be sorry when I’m gone
Josie Russo POV
“Remind me why you dragged me to this concert again?” I asked Phoebe. Usually, I don’t like girly girls, but Phoebe I had known since birth. She was my best friend and we’d been through a lot together. She’d been there for me when my parents divorced, she’d been my moral support when I went through my year of depression two years ago. Actually, she’s probably the only reason I’m alive right now. But today, she had dragged me to this ridiculously girly concert. Apparently this concert was for a boyband that’s really popular in England and pretty much all over Europe. I don’t really know ‘One Direction’ all that well; I prefer rock and alternative music. I guess that type of music just sits better with me because I can relate to it. I can’t relate much to break up songs that are all bright and bubbly; life’s never as easy as they make out in pop songs.
“You’re here because I made you come,” she told me, flicking her long blonde hair over her shoulder. I shrugged. There were so many girls dressed up in the most sluttiest of outfits here in the mosh pit located just under the stage.
“Plus, seeing as I’ve got two backstage passes I didn’t want them to go to waste. And why the hell are you wearing those crazy fake glasses again?” I nodded at her incredulously.
“Come on, Phoeb. You know me. The crazy spaz that everyone loves.”
“Everyone but Elle.” I scowled at her.
“Well, you could have always invited Elle if you don’t want me around.” Elle was my worst enemy. She keeps calling me an emo and making fun of me, although I dress anything but. Sure, I stick on a little eyeliner, but I’m always in jeans and a t-shirt or a cardigan, just like the rest of the girls my age. And that’s what I was wearing today. My worn blue jeans and a white t-shirt with the print ‘Blink 182’ on the front, my favourite band. I’m small and curvy so I don’t really have much to show off anyway, not like all those cheerleader-types.
I never conquered, rarely came
Sixteen just held such better days
Days when I still felt alive
We couldn’t wait to get outside
The world was wide, too late to try
The tour was over, we’d survived
I couldn’t wait till I got home
To pass the time in my room alone
Louis Tomlinson POV
The One Direction tour bus pulled into the venue where we’d be holding our first American concert here in New Jersey. We all clambered out and were ushered backstage by some impatient looking crew. We were all shoved into separate rooms, given some clothes to change into, and then the makeup artists swooped. The makeup was never too heavy; we wanted our audience to see us for what we were, just a couple of teenagers having fun and doing what we wanted to do. After this we were shown to the stage, all standing in a line with our microphones. There was no time for a sound check at all. We'd only just flown in from England, and because we’d hit turbulence we were two hours behind schedule. A sound check was out of the question; the fans had already been pushed through the doors. Slowly, the curtains opened, and the show began…
“Hi, we’re One Direction,” we all stated in unison. “Thanks for coming to see us today.” The crowd went wild. There were some really pretty American girls in the crowd, tall, with perfect curves and caked on foundation. There were signs strewn all over the body of people, asking such-and-such to marry them. I grinned sheepishly. I scanned the crowd to see if I could find at least one person that looked relatively normal. It didn’t take long. There, standing in the crowd, was a girl that dressed a lot like me. She had brown, shoulder-length curly hair, and she looked completely indifferent. I squinted and noticed an iPod earphone hanging in her left ear. She was clicking her nails together impatiently. She looked different to all the other girls. For one, she didn’t appear particularly girly at all. Was she a fan? I sincerely wanted to know. She was beautiful. But I didn’t have time for those types of thoughts, I had to instead start my performance with the boys.
I never thought I’d die alone
Another six months I’ll be unknown
Give all my things to all my friends
You’ll never step foot in my room again
You’ll close it off, board it up
Remember the time that I spilled the cup
Of apple juice in the hall
Please tell mum this is not her fault
Josie Russo POV
The boyband was actually quite good, not exactly what I had expected. It was definitely pop music in the beats and music, but there was a lot more substance behind the pop. I understood the lyrics well, and that made all the difference to me.
“Do you like them? Phoebe asked. I shrugged.
“They’re alright, I guess.” I received a glare from a random girl next to me. “Decent lyrics. It doesn’t hurt that they’re attractive.” Phoebe smiled crazily at me.
“Really? You, attracted to them? Jos, which one do you like the best?” I scrunched up my nose, thinking. I looked them all up and down. That was the one.
“I like that one, uh, second on the left?”
The boy had dirty blonde, almost brown coloured hair that was straight and fell almost over his eyes. I could vaguely make out bright, brilliant blue eyes. He looked so sweet and funny, and I’m sure he was. He dressed a lot like me, so I hoped he also had a similar personality. I wanted to know a little more about him.
“So, what’s that guy’s name?” I asked Phoebe. She winked at me.
“That, my friend, is Louis Tomlinson. He’s the oldest of the group, but he’s the funniest and craziest.” I nodded.
“Well, guess we’ll see them backstage then, yeah?” I asked. She smiled widely at me.
“See? Expanding your musical horizons past your annoying rock bands is good!” I pulled a face at her.
“What’s wrong with rock?” She shook her head at me.
“You’ll never learn, will you?”
I never conquered, when you came
Sixteen just held such better days
Days when I still felt alive
We couldn’t wait to get outside
The world was wide, too late to try
The tour was over, we’d survived
I couldn’t wait till I got home
To pass the time in my room alone
Louis Tomlinson POV
After the show, me and the guys quickly got changed and hung around backstage. We were supposed to meet a few of the girls that had bought VIP passes to our concert. I really hoped I met someone nice, and not just another crazed fangirl. Actually, I hoped I met her.
“Now, One Direction. Take your seats, the fans will be here any second!” a member of the crew alerted us. We watched as a load of girls walked into the backstage area, around their necks passes suspended on lanyards. If there was one thing I loved about being famous, it was all the attention from the girls. I scanned the crowd quickly for her. Surely enough, there she was, looking slightly bored. I quickly stepped on over.
“Hi, the name’s Louis,” I greeted, holding my hand out. She shook it enthusiastically.
“Josie, but everyone calls me Jo or Jos. So, you’re the famous idiot from One Direction.” The girl received a handful of dirty looks from the crowd of girls. She gave them all a funny look. “What? That’s what Phoebe here says; that Louis Tomlinson is the oldest member but the craziest. Is that true then?” I nodded sheepishly.
“I guess you could say that… So you know One Direction well?” I asked. She shook her head.
“To tell you the truth, I just tagged along. I like rock music better, although that was a good concert. You guys can all sing pretty well.”
“Glad you liked it,” Harry chimed in, “but who did you like the most?” he gave her a smirk. She rolled her eyes.
“Not you. You’re just annoying. I liked Louis the best actually.” Harry looked hurt, but he slapped me on the back.
“So, someone like Louis. What a lucky man.” Josie shrugged.
“Meh.”
Josie Russo POV
“OK, this might sound sudden, but I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?” Louis had led me away from the crowd, sitting me in a seat by the corner of the room.
“Huh?” I asked. He chuckled.
“Well, actually I saw you in the crowd. You’re really pretty, and different from the others… I kind of want to get to know you a little better.” I gave him an incredulous look.
“Uh, why me?” I asked. He shrugged.
“Because I think I like you.” I thought for a moment. I looked him straight in the eye. Deadpan. He was being completely serious. He had the most stunning blue eyes I’d ever seen.
“Well, I guess I could show you around Jersey. You’re from England, right? So you don’t know you’re way around.” He smiled, a sweet, toothy grin that almost had me melted, then and there.
“We could also go see a movie…that new Sherlock Holmes one looks good.” I nodded.
“I like your taste in movies.”
“So, it’s a date?” My nose twitched. Well, if he put it that way…
“Yes. But I’ll be needing your number.” Louis Tomlinson happily obliged. He slipped me a piece of paper and gave me a gentle peck on the lips.
“See you round, then.” And just like that, all of us girls were ushered out of the room.
“You looked like you were getting close to Louis,” Phoebe sidled up behind me as I walked down the hall. I nodded.
“Yep. We’ve got a date.”
I never conquered, when you came
Tomorrow holds such better days
Days when I can still feel alive
When I can’t wait to get outside
The world is wide, the time goes by
The tour is over, I’ve survived
I can’t wait till I get home
To pass the time in my room alone