Status: In Progress

Burning Desire

Chapter Two

Laying on the cold cement floor, bruised, bloody and beaten. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs slowly, I knew this was it. I was going to die, then I heard people coming in the house. I heard a dog coming down the stairs. I felt the fur laying down beside of me…

I woke up in a cold sweat then I got up slowly with Anubis at my heels. I heard someone knocking on the front door and then it opened.


“Vanessa!” Will shouted.

“Up here!” I yelled.

I heard him running up the stairs then hug me.

“I missed you.” He said.

I took a deep breath taking in his scent. I liked Will, he was good friend. He cared about me.

“Why are you here?” I asked him.

“I wanted to see if you were okay.” He told me.

“Well, I am.” I said smiling reassuringly.

We heard a car pull in then I saw Bella walk in.

“Will what are you doing here?” She asked.

“Checking in on Vanessa.” He said.

“Vanessa, go get ready you have an apt.” She told me.

I went into my room and got dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I slipped on a leather jacket then walked downstairs slowly because of my brace.

“I’m ready!” I yelled.

Bella walked out with me to the car and I got settled in. Bella started driving and I was wearing my seat belt. I was watching everything pass by like a blur then I noticed we went by my doctor’s office.

“Where am I going?” I asked.

“To see a psychiatrist.” Bella told me.

“I don’t need to see a shrink!” I demanded.

“Yes, you do you’ve been having nightmares ever since and you hardly talk to anyone. So you’re going.” She told me sternly.

I slumped down in my seat and couldn’t believe this was happening. I’ve been to many psychiatrists and never liked them. They would want me on meds and four or five. I never liked them and this was crap.

Bella parked the car then I got out slowly. I shut the door and waited for her to show me the way. We got into the building and it looked nice. I got nervous a little bit because we were in the waiting room. I thought about Anubis and what he would do if he was here.

I heard the door open then heard voices. I looked seeing two guys one in a tan suit, the other in light blue/teal one.

“Franklin, I will see you tomorrow.” The guy in the light blue suit told the guy in the tan suit.

I saw the Franklin guy leave and then looked over at my Aunt. I was nervous because the guy shut the door back to his office.

“Does he do that?” I asked.

Right when Bella was going to reply the door opened again, this time the in the blue suit was standing at the door.

“Vanessa Crawford, come on in.” The guy told me.

I got up and walked into the office then I heard the door shut.

“I’m Dr. Lecter, please have a seat Vanessa.” He told me.

This office reminded me of a quiet place, like something very calming or soothing.

“You probably know why I’m here?” I asked.

“Your aunt Bella told me a little bit about you.” He said.

“Not much though.” I replied.

“Yes.” He told me.

I noticed he wasn’t writing anything down which was weird.

“You’re not writing anything down?” I asked.

“I don’t.” he said.

“I told my aunt I didn’t need shrink.” I told him crossing my arms.

“What do you think you need?” He asked me.

“I don’t know to be honest.” I replied.

I shifted in the seat then he looked at my leg brace and knew something.

“What happened to your leg?” He asked.

“Long story.” I said.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He questioned.

“No, I don’t want to tell anyone what happened.” I replied, “my uncle Jack Crawford wants to know what happened, but I don’t want to tell him”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want him to know.” I said, “he would be mad at me forever because I could’ve told him and he thinks he could’ve saved them”

“Bella told me you enjoy cooking?” He asked.

“yeah, I do actually it relieves my stress when I do.” I told him.

“we should have dinner sometime.” He said.

“Next week?” I questioned.

“Next week it is.” He told me then he got up.

He grabbed my hand to help me up and I felt the sparks. I shouldn’t be falling for a man that’s a doctor, but hey I can’t help who I fall for.

“Well, our time is up Vanessa and I will see you next week.” He told me.

“Thank you Dr. lecter.” I replied smiling.

“Please call me Hannibal.” He said.

“Okay, thank you Hannibal.” I responded.

“You’re welcome Vanessa.”