‹ Prequel: The Creeper
Sequel: Pinhead

Ghostface

Nine

Laying down. Just laying on a bed with black covers. It was very dark and only soft candles were around the bed to let the girl see. Her arms and legs were all tied to the bed posts. She was only in her bra and underwear. Her heart beat with both fear and excitement. She's been here before. She knows this place. The door to the room opens but no light comes through. Almost as if the person who did this to her had not wanted her to see him. But there was little to see as his head poked through the dim light of the candles. His face was not seen but she could recognize the mask. It was long, black and white, went around the whole head, and had a creepy phantom as a face to show.
"Ghostface," she whispered. He moved away and picked up a knife on the night stand beside her right hand. She could faintly see that he was only in his boxers. He held it to her face, frightening her, and slid the blade down her face to her neck. The cold feeling of the blade made her skin tingle and her nerves stricken with fear. He brought the blade to her bra strap and stopped. Ghostface looked at the girl as if to ask permission. She shook her head and her softly went over it, not bothering to cut it. He cared for her concerns rather than his own. She loved him for that. She couldn't get enough of it and the blade running over her skin. It felt arosing now instead of scary. Ghostface would not hurt her and she knew it. They both knew it. The candles start to flicker and the cold blade begins to feel warm. The darkness towers over them and a different sort of light flows in...
I opened my eyes to see Ghostface shaking me awake.
"Nicole, get up." I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes. I started wondering about the dream I had. It was very strange. But it definately was not out of the ordinary. I really do love Ghostface even if he is a killer. I've been having feeings towards him for a very long time now. I guess it started the night he snuck into my house and asked me to get some movies at the store. When he put his hand on my mouth there was a rush of excitement. I don't know why but I liked his hand over my mouth (A whole lot better than that douche from the store!). I know I must sound really crazy right now but I passed that when I said I liked him even if he's a killer. So, sitting here in his bed with him beside me felt nice. I wished to have him hold me but I knew that would be something he'd never do. I clear my mind of my crush on him and look up at him.
"Are you all right?" he asked.
"Yeah. Is there something wrong?"
"Besides what you said last night? Not really."
"I don't know what to do, Ghostface. I really don't know." I wished he didn't have to remind me of last night. I don't want to see him get hurt and if that means I'll have to avoid him, I'll do it.
"Nicole. I can see that there's something you're not telling me. Will you please explain?" How can I tell him that I love him? I don't know how I'll ever be able to get out of this one. These are the worst situations for me. Having to say something I don't want to tell because of what they might do.
"Why do you want to know so badly? Is it that important?"
"Would you rather talk about something else?"
"Maybe."
"I woke up to hear you groaning just now. What was going on in your dream that made you do that?" Shit! He's always gotta ask me something that results in me confessing my feeling for him. Why?!
"It was just a bad dream. Nothing to be concerned with."
"It didn't sound like a bad dream to me. Just tell and I won't bother asking you again." He was annoyed in a way and I didn't want him to get upset with me. I took a deep breath and told him about it. When I finished, he just looked at me and I couldn't tell if he was angery, freaked out, or happy. Wait, when was he ever happy in front of me besides when we watch horror movies? Just a suggestion I guess. I didn't see much of a reaction because he was deep in thought about something.
"It was just a weird dream, Ghostface. It's noth-"
"The main killer can do whatever they want with the assistant, right?"
"What?"
"The boss does whatever he wants with the guy who kills by his side, right?"
"Umm, yes. We've been over this before."
"So, I guess that means I can do this." I wondered for a moment what he was going to do until he put the hood of his robe down and pulled off the mask. I couldn't believe my eyes at who Ghostface was this whole time. He was Ryan Bergins, my long lost friend from when I was 8-years-old! He's a little older than me but not too old. When we were younger, he use to fool around with me about scary movies, knowing that I was so scared of them (Yes readers, believe it or not, I use to be terrified of scary movies. Actually, when I was little, I did watch several but until I saw Chucky from Child's Play, I stopped. Wanna hear something funny? I've found the identities of almost all the scary movies I watched as a child except for one. I'll get back to the story now). He'd always find fun in joking about some killer going to get me and my reactions to it. He was an ass but he was a good friend. One day during the summer, he informed me that he was going to move away. I was sad and told him good-bye before the day he left. After that, I never saw him again. He looked the same as he did back then but a little more mature. I felt a tear roll down my face and he rubbed that away with his thumb. His face got closer to mine and our lips touched. It was perfect, like it was meant to be. I loved this feeling and compressed it by putting my arms around his neck. We started making out but he stopped when I fell on the bed and he was laying top of me. The bangs of his short light brown hair curved over his face a little. His skin was light but a little tan compared to my paleness. I didn't have to look at him to tell that he was just the same as always, the little scary movie fanatic.
"What happened?" I asked,"Why'd it take so long for you to come back? And why didn't you ever visit me?"
"We had to move away because my dad was on a business trip. I tried to call and send you letters but they never got through."
"When did you come back?"
"Right when you were a freshmen. I was working in the video store when I saw you come in to get some scary movies. I thought I'd recognized you but I was really shocked to see you with a Hostel DVD. I didn't think it was you but after much watching-"
"Watching? I barely went to that store."
"I was stalking you for awhile. I found out that you still lived on the same street when we were kids and you completely changed. At first, I thought it was because of my leaving that made you change. Making a new Ryan in the place of Woodsboro. But as I watched you more, I saw that the real reason was for your classmates. I've seen what you went through and thought it wasn't fair."
"So, this was how Ghostface came to be?"
"Yeah. I started planning. Thinking of getting back at everyone that hurt you but I didn't think that was a good idea because then you'd be a suspect. I concentrated on something else. Something that both your enemies and others have in commen so that no one pointed the finger at you. When I was watching scary movies one night, it suddenly hit me. Almost every kid that hurt you had the same characteristics as the victims in horror movies. So, I went to work in getting everything done so that you would be at peace."
"But, what if I didn't want to be with you after all this happened?"
"That was why I made you my accomplice. To make sure you'd be okay with me around you."
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I wanted to see how you'd do without knowing who I was. You're a pretty good killer by the way." I blushed slightly at this.
"Thanks. Also, did you know that guy last night?"
"Unfortunately. He was a guy I hung out with there. I told him about you liking scary movies now and he got some hint that I liked you."
"Why did he attack me?"
"He was a bit pissed that I could get to you more because we use to be friends. He kind of liked you too. Not a good guy, let's just say." This was great. Besides that I saw Ghostface without his mask, I was back with my childhood friend. It was truely a great thing to happen to me. Up until I graduated, we continued to kill the kids that taunted me. Whenever we planned our killings or went out to comit murder, we made sure our relationship didn't get in the way. On Saturdays, though, we had fun with watching horror films and cuddling on couch. When I graduated, I informed my parents about moving in with a friend out of town and they agreed (They still don't think I take part in these murders). When I came by to Ryan's house, he already had his stuff packed and ready to go. We moved to a town very far away so that no one got suspicious of us being together. There, after much deciding and time, we got married. One year later, we had a baby girl, who we named, Mary, from my favorite movie Dead Silence.