The Bright Side of a Full Moon

Chapter Four

When I woke up, I was laying in a bed in the hospital. Standing around me was no only Sirius, Lily, and James; but Remus, Dumbledore, and even Regulus were all there.

"What's going on?" I mumbled, trying to sit up. As soon as I started trying to move, a hand came down onto my shoulders, and a worried voice spoke softly. "Careful, Nyx, you need to take it easy." It was Remus. "Why am I her- ow! Why do I hurt so bad?" I cried out in pain. "We were actually hoping you could tell us, Miss Rosier." Dumbledore spoke, stepping forward.

As my eyes landed on Regulus, flashes of what happened flickered through my mind at a quick pace; and I suddenly wanted to cry.

"I-I was on my way back to the Slytherin common rooms from the library, when someone grabbed me and started hitting me- saying it was because I'm a blood traitor." As I explained, tears started falling from my eyes. Lily was quick to sit down next to me, and wrap a comforting arm around my shoulders. Sirius, on the other hand, was furious ad turned to look at his brother. "Did you have something to do with this? Huh?" Sirius began yelling at the younger boy.

"Sirius, quit that!" Lily growled out, glaring up to the dark haired boy. Sirius glared back at the red haired witch. "Well, can you blame me? He only just called her a blood traitor the other day, did he not?" Sirius was quick to defend himself. Lily then shot up from next to me, and the two of them began arguing back and forth.

Dumbledore once more stepped forward. "I realize, Miss Rosier, that this is not the first incident of this kind since you were placed in Slytherin house upon your arrival here at Hogwarts. In my time here, I've never had to do anything like this- but under the circumstances, it seems I have no other choice. I have decided to remove you from Slytherin, and place you in another. Have you any preference of which house you would like to be moved to?" Hearing his words, Lily and Sirius stopped fighting.

Looking around my group of friends, I didn't even have to think about it. "Gryffindor." I mumbled, my eyes moving down to my lap.

"Then it's settled. I shall inform the other Professors immediately, your belongings will be collected and taken to your new house; but for the time being, we should leave you to rest." Smiling, he ushered everyone out of the room. Everyone except for Remus who was now sitting on the bed next to the one I was in. "Madam Pomfrey's still keeping you?" I asked, looking over to the older boy.

"Just for the night." Remus nodded his head with a sigh. He didn't even look over at me. "I wanted to come check on you when Sirius told me you were here; but he wouldn't let me." I informed.

Still, he didn't look at me, so instead of saying anything else I lay back against my bed.

It was a few minutes later that he did look over at me, with something in his eyes that I wasn't familiar with. "Who did this to you, Nyx? Was Sirius right, was it Regulus?" He questioned me. Of course he was just like Sirius, quick to jump to the same conclusion about Reg. That he'd been the one to do this to me. They were both wrong...in a way.

"No, Remus, he didn't do this." I sighed, still looking down at my hands. Regulus had been there, yes; but he wasn't the one who hurt me. He did stand by and watch, though- just let it happened. He didn't even try to help me. To stop it.

Some friend he was, huh?

"Then who did?" Remus asked again. For some reason his questioning and sudden attention was kind of getting on my nerves. Remus had never shown this much interest in my life or what happened to me before. So, what changed?

"Why do you care so suddenly, you've never cared this much before." I couldn't help but snap at him. He was silent for a few moments before answering me.

"I've always cared, Nyx, you're my friend. I guess I just don't show it as much as I should." He had a sadd tone in his voice as he spoke. It made me regret snapping at him. I hadn't meant to do that, and now I felt even worse for it.

"It was Evan and Wilkes." I gasped out suddenly, "Regulus had been there, but he didn't do anything to hurt me." I explained, thinking about what all had happened. My brother, my own flesh and blood had attacked me. Why would he do that? I know that he had been disappointed in me; but I never thought he'd go this far.

Remus didn't say anything after that, so I simply laid back on the bed. There wasn't anything else for me to do but lay back and think about things. I didn't even know the full extent of my injuries, all I knew was that my body hurt incredibly bad.

We sat in silence like that until Madam Pomfrey came walking over to Remus' bed. "If you'll come with me, Mister Lupin." Pomfrey smiled before turning and walking away. Remus was quick to jump up and follow along behind her without asking any questions. I wanted to speak up and ask where they were going, why so suddenly; but I didn't want to intrude.

So instead, I lay in my little hospital bed, waiting.

When Pomfrey returned, the sky outside was pitch black;and she was questionably alone. Remus was nowhere to be found. No matter how much I wanted to ask where he had gone, she wouldn't answer my question.

So, I rolled over and went to sleep instead.

When I woke up the next morning, Remus was back in the bed next to mine. It was almost as if he had never left- though it was hard not to notice how tired the boy looked.

This time when Madam Pomfrey approached, she ignored Remus and came over to where I was moving to sit up on the bed. "Alright, Miss Rosier, I want you to drink this." She said, handing me a glass filled with a clear liquid, "I've done all I can for your injuries, sadly you'll just have to wait for your bruises to face. Remus, why don't you escort Miss Rosier to Gryffindor Tower." Madam Pomfrey explained before walking away.

Remus simply nodded his head, as I drank whatever it was she had given me. It didn't taste too terrible, but it definitely wasn't pumpkin juice. I changed into a pair of clean clothes before Remus and I walked out of the hospital together. "Where were you last night?" I questioned him suddenly, unable to stop myself. He was quiet for a moment before answering. "Oh, I was talking to Dumbledore. I would've let you know when I got back; but you were already asleep and I didn't want to wake you up." He explained simply.

After that, we walked together in silence.

Remus lead me through the castle, and up to Gryffindor Tower. The fat lady in the picture was skeptical about letting me in at first. Apparently she hadn't been informed of my switching houses- but all the paintings in the castle seemed to know about the attack.

I felt more awkward that ever walking into the common room, and it definitely didn't help that everyone seemed to be staring at me. Lily, however, was quick to jump up from her seat on the couch with James, run over, and pull me into a tight hug. "Oh, I'm so glad you're here!" She squealed loudly, holding onto me rather tightly. I returned her hug before taking a few steps back in order to look around me.

It was set up pretty much like the Slytherin common room, except everything was red and gold instead of green and silver.

"Lily why don't you show Nyx up to her new dorm? Give her a quick tour of the tower." Remus suggested, looking at the redheaded woman standing next to me. "Oh my gosh yes! That's a wonderful idea; come one, Aries, let's go!" I didn't even try to stop the older girl from dragging me along behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well then, here we go.