Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

This isn't a dream.

“S-Seth?” Charlotte stuttered as she put a hand on the window, the coldness of the glass cooling her roughly washed hand.
She still wasn’t completely sure if this wasn’t a dream, or maybe a hallucination, but it suddenly felt so real.
This must be a miracle, Charlotte thought.
His head snapped down to look at her hand, almost instinctively, like a cat.
Her eyes widened as he raised his own hand and placed it in front of hers, on the glass.
She wasn’t surprised to feel, yet again, salty liquid fall from her green eyes.
Rushing quickly, she unclasped the windows lock and pulled it up. Cool air rushed into her room, blowing her blinds from side to side.
She backed up as Seth stepped foot into her room, more graceful then the soft motion of her curtains in the wind.
“Charlotte.” He spoke, his voice smooth and low.
She stood a foot away from his, starring wide eyed and shocked, as if struck by lighting.
“Aren’t you dead?” She whispered, afraid to talk too loud. Afraid that she’d wake up if this really wasn’t real.
He looked down at himself, at his dirt covered arms and back up.
“You didn’t kill me…” He said, frowning. “Well, at least, I don’t think so. I feel a little… different. But I’m standing here, aren’t I?”
He flashed a smile and Charlotte suddenly gasped and took a step back from what she just saw.
Seth’s smile faltered and he looked at her questioningly.
She quickly went and grabbed the towel hanging from her door and went back to Seth.
She started wiping the dirt off of his face, revealing the palest complexion she had ever seen, instead of his usual tan.
Charlotte choked out a sob and dropped the towel.
“Hey…” Seth soothed as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close.
Charlotte’s head rested against his chest.
Guiltily, she turned to put her ear against it, searching for a beat.
After a long, beat-less moment, she brought her head back up, feeling numb all over again.
“Seth-”
She stopped saying what she was going to say when she saw his eyes weren’t directed to her face, but rather towards her neck.
She frowned and pushed out of his arms, but his hands just caught her forearms and pulled her closer.
“Seth, stop.” She said, trying to pull away unsuccessfully. His hands tightened on her fore arms until she knew that hand-printed bruises would appear later on.
“You’re hurting me.” She told him, now pushing at his chest.
His eyes were still focused at her neck as he leaned in.
She started hitting his chest harder now, almost at the point that she was thrashing, but he felt hard as rock.
His cold nose skimmed her neck, sending shivers and goose bump all over her body.
Leaning her head back, Charlotte raised her right hand and brought it across his face.
It didn’t hurt him, but he felt it and pulled away from her neck, blinking his eyes multiple times like someone would do if they got sand in them.
His eyes connected with hers, and he was Seth again.
His face turned into a grimace in realization of what he was.
“Charlotte, what did you do to me?”
This isn't a dream, she thought to herself as she looked at Seth guiltily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please rate or comment. I'd like an opinion on the story. :)