Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 12

They were all sitting on the couch, Jason’s parents across from them. He heard a woof coming from the basement, then the tapping of claws. His dog, Pooch, ran up from the stairs. He jumped up on Jason and licked his face. “Hey pooch good to see you!”

“He has missed you. Now explain.” Said his mom sternly.

“Ok, I’ll start from the beginning. Don’t say anything until I finish.”

“I was biking home from school one day. When Grim came and got me.” He heard a sharp inhale from Chris. He was still in his dragon form. He took me to Flylands where i was given Noble. I stayed there for a week and trained. Then I got homesick and came back to visit you guys. So may I introduce Bryant, Noble, Grim, and Eastwing. Noble, Grim, and Eastwing are dragons. And Noble is my dragon. Ok that’s all.”

A smile crept onto Chris’s face. “I want to ask the first question.”said his dad defiantly. “So Grim the dragons really are real they even came here on Earth?”

Grim spoke up. “Yes that is true. I am not in my dragon form right now, as you can see. Can I just say, you have changed! It’s been too long, two years!”

“I would say that to you, but you’re not in your real form!” Chris gave a hearty laugh.

“Jason I have some big news too.” Said his mom. “Bryant is your brother. Now before you say anything. Bryant is your twin, not identical though. He was switched at birth when you guys where born they put you in the nursery with the other babies. The nurses wrote numbers on the cribs. But unfortunately a nurse wrote bryant's number carelessly and she made the six look like a zero so Bryant got switched.” She started crying and Jason’s dad started comforting her and she went on. “We took the other baby home thinking he was you. Then we noticed that baby didn’t have that birth mark on your wrist. The squiggly line.”

Bryant looked at the underside of his right wrist. It was there plain as day.

Jason started tearing up. He looked at Bryant. He was stone cold, no emotion.

He looked at his “parents” , “you know this really doesn’t change anything. I know Jason really well. But I won’t get to talk to you because I’ll be in Flyland, and you’ll be down here.”

“Well actually Bryant, Chris and I have discussed it and he is coming to live up there too!” Said Grim. They must of been sending thoughts to each other.

“What, is mom going to do?” Asked Bryant. Jason was glad Bryant adopted that word so fast.

“Well, she can live up there too. There is plenty of non-flyers on there too.” Answered Grim.

“What is going to happen with the house?” Asked Dad.

“I could send someone down to take care of it and everything else.” Answered Grim again.

“Wow, you would do that for us?” Asked Cherin.

“Yeah, of course I would. You know Jason’s quite the talk in Flyland.”

That hit Jason. What I’m a big deal in Flyland? I don’t really even know anyone there. Jason thought to Noble.

Yeah there was a some kind of prophecy with you in it. Said Noble.

Oh well, I don’t really care. If that prophecy is supposed to come true. Then it will come true without me knowing.

“You know it’s getting late we should head to bed. Boys you can sleep in the guest room. And Grim you can sleep on the futon.”

“Actually Mrs. Brooks, can I sleep in Jason’s room? That’s what I do in Flylands.”

“Pshhh, yeah I forgot you’re a dragon. Of course. So if everybody’s situated.” Said Mom.

Jason got up and pointed to the hall. “Bryant and Eastwing the guest room is down there. Last door on the left. Noble my room is over here. He walked downstairs and walked in his room. He breathed in the smell of his cologne still lingering. He looked at the posters on the walls, and his x-box with all the stickers. “It’s good to be back. Hey Noble you wanna try x-box for the first time?”

“Sure.”

Jason turned on the x-box, then moved his eyes to the t.v. While the Halo 3 Odst game was loading Jason showed Noble the different game buttons. When it was up Jason went to a team match where Jason and Noble would be on the same team. “I don’t want to go on x-box live or else we would both owned.” Laughed Jason.

They played games until 2:00. That was only because Jason fell asleep on the control wasting all his ammo. “Goodnight.” Noble murmured softly.

Jason woke up early, but not as early as Noble who was playing the x-box. “Why did you sleep on the floor?” Asked Noble.

“I don’t know. Did you sleep on the floor too?”

“Yeah, ‘cause I’m a dragon! That’s my excuse.”

Jason laughed. “Hey, let’s go upstairs and eat breakfast. So you can try good food for once.” Jason teased. They came up the stairs and nobody was awake yet. Jason looked in the living room and the guest room. Grim and Eastwing were both sleeping on the floor.

“Alright Noble, I don’t think you can eat raw meat as a human so I can make a some eggs and bacon or you can make cereal.”

At the sound of bacon Noble’s ears would of perked up if they could. “Yes! Bacon, bacon, bacon!”

“Is bacon the only thing you hear?”

“What? All I heard was bacon.” Noble joked.

“Do you want scrambled or fried eggs?

“You know this is going to be weird. I’m pretty much eating my far away cousin, because I came out an egg. And fried I guess."

“Wow Noble, way to bring the conversation down.”Jason laughed.

Jason took some bacon out of the fridge and slapped it onto a skillet. Once the bacon started frying it dragged people out of bed and forced them into the kitchen.

Eastwing walked into the kitchen and grinned. “Yes, meat! If you guys were vegetarians, I would've killed myself!”

“You aren’t the only one!” Noble called.

When breakfast was ready. Everybody was at the dinner table, eating and laughing.

Grim ate quickly and said, “alright I’m off to do my duties.”

“I’ll come with you, then we can catch up.” Said Chris quickly.

All that day Eastwing, Bryant, Noble, and Jason just played x-box, skate boarded, and some tried to ride his bike.

Around noon Grim and Chris came back. Grim said, “Pack up people we are leaving don’t bring everything, I’ll have some people bring the rest of your stuff. Who knows, you could sell some of your stuff for olms.”

“What are olms?” Asked Jason.

“That is the currency of all Flylands.” Said Noble “You could probably get a necklace with about 2 olms. One olm is equivalent to 1 dollar.”

“Does everybody have one of those food things?”

“Sadly no, only the elite Flyers. But the commoners can by them with olms. It probably would be about 85 olms.”

“Ok. well I’m going to pack.” Said Jason. He when downstairs. And to the left into the storage room. He picked out two nike duffel bags and went into his room. Well I’m actually leaving this place. This has been my home for 16 years, but it’s time to leave. He opened his bags and started putting in his clothes. Then he put in his x-box and controllers. In his room in Flylands he had a t.v. but when he turned it on, it was just static. Even if it didn’t work for the t.v. he could sell it for olms. Those people had to be curious of this technology. He was about theirs. He finished packing and pounded up the stairs.

Everybody’s bags were on the floor or the futon in the living room. Cherin’s bags weren’t out there yet. She was probably gonna bring out about five. Jason was wrong. She only brought out one. “If I’m to become part of their culture, then I have to learn to live like them.”

“Should we take the car?” Jason asked.

“No there isn’t enough room in the car. There is only five seats, plus luggage. But someone can drive the luggage.” Said Dad.

“I can drive along you guys with the stuff.” Said Mom.

“Ok everybody load their stuff in the car.” Called Grim.

Before they left a woman and a man knocked on their door. “We are here to take care of your belongings.” They said.

“What do you mean take care of our belongings? Who are you anyway?” Said Cherin in her best sassy voice.

Before she could go on her husband touched her shoulder. “These fine people are going to take care of the house and property. Remember the ones Grim talked about?”

“Yeah.”

“Ok, we’ll leave the house in your trusting hands.” Chris answered for her.

Everybody shoved their stuff into the car and were ready. “Hey bro we should bring my bike.” Said Jason

“You got it ‘lil bro!”

“Are you actually older than me?”

“Yup, Mom told me last night. I’m older by one minute and twenty-two seconds.“

“Ok big bro, by one minute and twenty-two seconds.”

“If you boys don’t stop saying ‘bro’ you are grounded for a week in Flylands”. Called their mother out the car window playfully.

It took them 10 minutes to get to the site. While the first time was 30 minutes, when the dragons were learning to walk.

The designated area was the same as how they left it. It was time to leave. Everybody pulled out their respective bags and set them on the ground.

Cherin had called ahead and asked the families friend if they could park the car on their property, so she parked it on the side of the house.

Grim stood on the side of the road. He pulled his arm into the air and drew and oval in the air. The same as last time, the a purple oval formed in the air. The blue light and the suction was back. Jason tossed both his bags in the portal and stepped into Flyland.
♠ ♠ ♠
A nice and long chapter, to explain everything!
I think...