Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 13

The sweet scent of maple rushed into Jason’s nostrils. He was home, at his destined home, in Flyands. He immediately looked back and say his dad looking around, then came Grim.

“Wow it’s great to be back! And I thought dragons weren’t real. What was I thinking?”

“It’s good to have you back.” Said Grim “Wait is it true? Has the curse lifted? It must be because I can still speak in dragon form!”

“What curse?” Asked Jason.

“If either the dragon or the human doesn’t want to be with their counterpart then they lose the ability to speak. Don’t ask me why its speech because I don’t know. Only the ancient leaders do. But wild dragons can still speak, like Fea or Valor. Dragons that don’t have a rider.”

“Ok.”

Next came Cherin. “Woah, so you’re a dragon.” She said looking at Grim. She looked around. “And so this is the great Flylands. I thought there would be more dragons.”

“This isn’t the village its way up there.” Jason said pointing to the south. “And I had to walk all that my first day here.”

After Cherin came Bryant and Eastwing. “I’m back baby!” Said Bryant.

Last came Noble. “It feels so great to be back on four legs!”

“To the village. Also I can support two people on my back.” Said Grim.

“I’ll get on first, then you.” Chris said. He grabbed Grims neck and swung onto his back.

“Ohfff. Jeez, gain some weight did ya! Last time you were on my back you were a lot lighter.”

“Maybe just a tad.” He gave his hand to Cherin and pulled her up.

“Before we go to the village we are going to pick up your sword and scabbard.” Said Grim

“It’s only been two days. He said it’d be ready in two weeks.” Said a confused Jason.

The days here pass a lot faster on Flylands then Earth. A week here is like one day there. Since we
were down there two days up here it was two weeks.”

“So my sword is ready! C’mon let’s go!” Jason got on his dragon and hollered. “Finally!” Noble rushed into the air glad to finally stretch his wings.

Grim launched right after him. There came a squeak from Cherin and “whoop” from Chris.

The group shot over the forest, to the hut Jason, Grim, and Noble had already visited. The landed in the same spot and Jason slid off Noble and ran into the hut. The smith was turned around wiping a sword with an oily rag.

“It’s done?” Asked Jason.

“Yup, clean and polished. And let me say, this was a stubborn one to forge.” Said the forgeman. “Your sword is over here.”

And there it was in all of its glory his sword. The blade was blue, with 2 and a half inches in width, and 3 feet long. The grip was gold and black. The crossguard was gold and the pommel was the same color as the blade. All how Jason had imagined it. He stared at it in awe.

“Yup that’s ‘er right there. A real beauty. Soft metal inside for absorption, super light, and, well blue! ”

Jason picked up the sword by the hilt. It was really light like he said. He swung the sword and sliced a vase in half.

“Funny Bryant did the samething. It’s like you’re related!” He gave a hearty laugh. “Here.” He tossed Jason a something gold.

Jason twirled it around in his hands. “What is it?” He asked.

“It’s a clip for your sword, instead of a scabbard.”

There were two hinges that closed together on a spring and hooked on a belt or pant waist. He slipped it on and pressed the sword into the clip.

“Don’t worry about rusting or anything because with that type of metal, it would almost be a blessing to get rust on in. That would show you’re a hard working man. It’s made of dwarf steel.”

“There are dwarves here too? I haven’t seen any.”

“There used to be. Elves too. But yeah, as far as I know there aren’t any dwarves or elves here.”
“Thanks so much I wish there was a way to pay you back. Oh yeah!” He brought out a few coins that read 5, 2, and 10. That was the only olms that he had. Bryant had gave them to him when they were talking about olms. “Here that is literally all I have. But thanks again he said waving as he headed outside. Jason pulled the sword out of the clip. “Here it is people, and dragons. The sword you’ve all been waiting for!”

“I guess we’ll have to spar tomorrow!” Said Bryant

“Yeah spar, kill. You don’t want to slice my head off!”

“I don’t?” Exclaimed Bryant.

“C’mon boys let’s go to the village. I want to see what all the fuss is about.”

“Ok Mom.” Jason slipped onto Noble.

When everybody was ready, the group flew to the village.

Ok, Bryant and I are gonna head home see you guys tomorrow. Stop by if you like. Thought Jason to Grim and his riders. Bryant and Jason veered of to the left and dived down into the heart of the village.

Bryant and Noble landed in front of the house. “Is there a such thing as portal lag ‘cause I’m tired. I gonna go to bed.” Jason. He let out a sigh and flopped on his bed. Tomorrow it was back to training. He smiled, I’m home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so frickin' long to get this done. I dealing with finals! Everybody who is out of high school you know how it is.

-Still tell me if there are any typos.-