Status: Enjoy lovelies!

Secrets of the Past

Preface

I stared around at the gaggles of people at my step dad’s bar. A lot of my family came out to see me for a little after being in Georgia for four months. Cole, Jeremy and Wyatt accompanied Brie and me back to New Jersey. It was a little weird having everyone here to celebrate me when I didn’t deserve it.

“Hey sweetheart,” my stepfather said, coming up to me. He brought me into a warm hug. “I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too dad,” I told him, pulling him in closer. I’ve missed his hugs. “Thanks for throwing his party. I don’t deserve it.”

“Oh shut up,” he said laughing a bit. “You deserve this. We’ve all missed you. Even though we’re very proud of what you and Brie have accomplished at the Queen of Hearts, we still wished that you could be here with us. Your family.”

“I know daddy,” I said softly. I tried to not let out a tear. “I’m thinking if business picks up in the next year or so I’m going to try to move the business up here.”

My stepdad smiled. “It sounds like things are going really well for you. Brie was telling your mom and I that you guys are pretty booked for the next few months.”

“We are. Right now we have like three weddings and two more couples are coming in after we get back to look at what we offer,” I told him, smiling as well. After having gone through so much shit these last few months, things started looking up. “It actually makes me excited every time I see an email from a new couple interested in what we have to offer them.”

“That’s awesome sweetie,” my dad said, giving me toothy grin. “I’m so proud of you.”

“Thanks dad.”

It got quiet between us for a few moments. “So I see you came with some boys.”

“Yeah they’re some of the few people we’re really close with back at Bridge Water. Cole and Wyatt own Reihls Towing and Repair Shop. And they’re brother Jeremy own Reihls, which is a cute small diner. Brie and I are actually doing Wyatt’s wedding. ”

“Wow, that’s awesome. Sounds like you got yourself some good business men,” my stepfather joked. “So which one are you dating?”

“Dad!” I groaned.

“Hey I’m just asking,” he joked. “But seriously which one are you dating?”

I sighed dramatically. “I’m dating Cole.”

“The halfie?”

“Dad! You can’t call him halfie!”

“I’m just saying that it’s not who you usually go for, that’s all.”

“I know, but it’s his personality I fell in love with-“

“Excuse me Mr. Gallagher but can I talk to Austen for a moment?” Cole asked, interrupting the conversation.

“Yes that’s fine son,” my stepfather said, giving Cole slight glare.

“Thank you sir,” Cole said, seemingly nervous. Once my dad walked away he turned towards me. “Austen, you know I love you right?”

“Yeah?” I said unsurely. “What are you trying to say Cole?”

“Well,” he said, still nervous. He shook his hands a little bit before pulling out a small box from his pants pocket and got down on one knee.

“What are you doing Cole?” I asked. I began freaking out a little inside.

“Well I realized that you’re the only one I want in my life forever. I don’t want to live without you-“

“Cole, please you don’t know what you’re saying,” I told him, knowing that this wasn’t a good idea.

“No, I do know,” Cole said firmly. He opened up the box and there lay an old fashioned diamond ring. “Austen Marie Gallagher will you marry me?”