Status: Active. Don't know how often updates will be though.

Be With Me Now

two

February. 4 months earlier.

A soft tickle woke me up. I opened my eyes slowly and took in my surroundings. The sun was shining, birds were chirping outside, and the clock on my bed side table read 10:37am. I was on my stomach with my head facing towards the window in the bedroom of my apartment. John was behind me with his head propped up as he gently ran his fingers along my bare back. I felt a smile grow on my face before turning my head into the pillow and covering my face with my hands.

"That tickles," I mumbled.

John chuckled. “You always have been ticklish.”

I shifted my body so I was on my side, facing him, and raised my hand to his cheek. I grazed the skin there with my thumb. “Good morning,” I said softly.

John smiled and pulled me into his chest, wrapping an arm around my waist. “Good morning, to you too Birthday Girl.”

“Ugh, don’t remind me! I’m getting old,” I groaned.

“Twenty-four is not old, babe,” he laughed.

“I suppose. I mean, at least it’s not twenty-eight.”

“Hey!” John lightly tapped my hip with his hand. “Twenty-eight isn’t that old.”

I giggled. “You’re gonna be two years from thirty in August! That's old!”

“Not it’s not,” he whined.

“I’m only kidding.”

John wrapped both of his arms around my waist, squeezing softly. I sighed contently, enjoying the little moment we were having. I loved these types of mornings with John; when we didn’t have any obligations that required us to wake up early. We could be lazy and enjoy each other’s presence.

I looked at John and placed a quick kiss to his lips. “So what do you wanna do today?”

“Don’t be mad...” he said in a timid manner.

I moved from his embrace, re-positioning my body so I was sitting up and leaning against the headboard. “Something tells me I’m not going to like what you’re going to say next.”

“I’m sorry.” He pulled me back into his chest and secured his arm around my shoulder. “I just have to go into 8123. Pat planned a meeting for today that I need to attend; said it’s urgent. I don’t even know what it’s about but it’ll only be a couple hours, I promise,” he explained. “I’ve already arranged for Amber to come take you out to lunch when I leave.”

I snuggled into John’s chest. “Well, that was sweet of you. ”

“I just didn’t want to leave you alone on your birthday.”

I looked and John pressed our lips together before pulling away. “Thank you.”

“Anything for you, Eva,” he said and then moved so he was hovering over me.

John started placing little kisses along my neck and up my jaw before connecting our lips. We started making out like horny teenagers. Our hands were roaming and groping each other’s already naked bodies, our breaths becoming labored. We’ve been together 4 ½ years and we were still in that honeymoon phase. I think it mainly had to do with the fact that he was gone most of the time during the year. It was hard, but it made time spent together so much more special. We haven't moved in together yet as well, but I had a feeling that would be changing soon.

I pulled away from John and rested my forehead against his. “What time do you have to leave?”

“Not until 1,” he smirked.

“So, we have some time to kill,” I smirked back. “What do you wanna do?”

“Oh, I think you know.”

- - - - - -

A half hour after John left, Amber picked me up. We were going to my favorite cafe in Downtown Phoenix before going to do some shopping. Amber was my best friend, besides my Mom. I met her my freshmen year of high school. I was the quiet kid and she was a loud mouth. We were complete opposites but we cliqued so well. I liked to think she brought me more out of my shell after meeting her.

Amber was originally from Gilbert, but had moved to Flagstaff with her mom after her parents went through a rough divorce. She never liked living in Flagstaff. It was too small of a town for her big personality. She had plans to move back to the city after graduation and attend Arizona State University. She begged and begged for me to come with her. I couldn’t imagine a life with her living so far away. We both applied to ASU and we got accepted. She was going for Public Relations and Marketing, and I was going for English. It worked out perfectly.

After pulling up in front of Nik’s Cafe, we decided to sit outside since the weather wasn’t so unbearably hot. Our waiter, whose name was Ben, brought us a couple waters and our menus before leaving to give us some time to decide what we wanted. We’ve been here so many times, though, we already had our top picks we chose from each time.

“I’m so hungry,” Amber complained. “I can’t wait to scarf down a huge cheeseburger.”

“How you are so thin is beyond me. You eat like a pig,” I laughed.

“Oh please, you eat just the same and you’re thinner than I am!”

“Yeah, okay-”

Ben came out of nowhere, cutting me off. “Are you guys all set to order?”

Amber was quick to speak. “Yes, I’ll have the Nik’s Big Burger with a side of waffle fries.”

“And for you?” He said, turning to me.

“Yea, I’ll have the Pesto and Pastrami Panini with a side of regular cut fries.”

“Okay, anything to drink for you guys?”

“We’ll take two Mojitos!” Amber said, excitedly. She loved Mojitos.

“I’ll just take a Peach Iced Tea, actually, thanks.”

Ben jotted down the last of our orders before leaving. I looked at Amber and she was giving me a look mixed between confusion and ‘what the hell is wrong with you’. “No mojito this time? Are you okay?” She asked.

“Yeah! I’m perfectly fine. Just not feeling like a drink right now.”

“Bullshit!” Amber yelled, a little loud. An elderly couple sitting next to us turned and gave her a disgusted look. “You are always up for a drink.”

“I can’t drink alcohol,” I said quietly, playing with my napkin.

“What? Why wouldn’t you be able to drink alcohol? Unless you're… Are you pregnant, Eva?!”

“Guilty,” I smiled at Amber. “I found out on Wednesday. I’m little over a month.”

“Oh my god!” She stood up from her seat and walked around the table before pulling me into a hug. “My best friend is gonna be a mommy! Congratulations! Have you told John yet?”

“Thanks, Am,” I said as she went to sit back down in her chair. “No, I haven’t even told him yet. I’m kind of nervous. I’m trying to work up the courage to tell him tonight though.”

“Why are you nervous? Afraid he’s gonna leave you?”

“Not at all! I just know that this is a big step in a relationship. Everything is going to change.”

“It’ll be a good change though, right? You and John are perfect together and he is going to be a great father and you are going to be a great mother.” Amber said, so confidently.

“Thank you, that means a lot. What would I do without you?”

“Probably still be that quiet kid with no friends,” she laughed.

“Excuse me!” I threw my straw wrapper at her. “That’s a pretty rude thing to say to the mother of your unborn God-Child.”

“What! I’m going to be God-Mother?!”

“Of course you are! I wouldn’t pick anyone else.”

I saw Ben approaching with our food, my mouth starting to water. I was finally realizing just how hungry I was as he set the plate down in front of me. “Here ya go! If you need anything else, just holler.”

“Thank you,” Amber and I said simultaneously.

Amber started stuffing her face immediately, causing me to laugh. “You fatty.”

“Be quiet! Pretty soon you aren't going to be able to stop eating. Then we’ll see who the fatty is.” She said and continued eating her cheeseburger.

I placed a hand on my stomach, smiling to myself. I was nervous about being a mom but I knew that having John by my side, everything would be okay.

Now, I just needed to tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy! Comments and feedback are always appreciated :)

(outfit)