Living a Lie

chapter3

As they went through the evidence that their parents may have kidnapped them, Andreas was trying to stay cool about everything that was happening. He didn't want it to be true.

"Maybe it's a typo," he suggested.

"On a birth certificate? Something that important wouldn't have such a big typo!" Bill said.

"Your parents have been lying to you," said Nikki.

Bill and Andreas didn't want to admit it, but she was right.

"I just don't understand why they would lie to us," said Andreas.

"Maybe you're not their real children," Nikki said.

"So, what, we're adopted?" Bill asked.

Nikki shook her head.

"If you were adopted then it still wouldn't show the name of a hospital that burned down 90 years ago! What if you two were kidnapped?" She suggested.

Andreas burst out laughing.

"Yeah, right. That's crazy,isn't it, Bill?" He looked at Bill, waiting for Bill to start laughing and tell him that it was crazy.

But Bill wasn't laughing.

"Bill? Bill! Why aren't you laughing, huh?"

Bill shook his head.

"I think she might be right." He replied quietly.

Andreas was shocked.

"What? Right about what? Bill, don't tell me that you are possibly thinking that our parents, who have raised and loved us and have never, EVER hurt us, could have kidnapped us? It's just crazy!"

Bill looked Andreas in the eye.

"Andreas...I've never told you this...but sometimes I have memories of a long time ago, when I was like 4 or 5, and I was waiting outside of a day care for my mom. Carli and Dylan pulled up and bribed me into going with them. They asked me my name and I called them strangers. Why would I call them strangers if I've known them my whole life? It just doesn't make sense!"

Andreas sighed.

"How do you know that it was a memory and not a dream or something? This is just too confusing. But would this mean that you and me aren't brothers?"

Bill shrugged.

"I don't know..."

"Bill, what year do you think that you were kidnapped?" Nikki asked.

"When I was 4, so it must have been 1993. Why?"

Nikki typed something into her computer.

"I'll explain in a moment. Where was it?"

"Germany. Can you please explain what you're doing?"

Nikki quickly typed something else into her computer. She read for a moment an article on some website, before her mouth fell open in shock.

"Oh my god..."

"What?" Bill and Andreas asked.

She turned the computer screen so that they could see it.

On the screen was a newspaper article about 4 year old Bill Kaulitz who disappeared outside of a daycare in Germany in 1993. It also listed that he had a twin brother named Tom.

Bill and Andreas were both shocked.

"Oh my god...that describes me almost exactly! Wait...I have a twin brother? That must have been the boy with the dreads in my memory!"

Andreas reached towards the laptop.

"Look me up!"

But, impatient, he looked it up himself. Sure enough, there was another kidnapping in 1994. This one happened at a park.

"Oh my god...I do remember playing in a sandbox when I was 4 and someone grabbed me from behind! but I thought that it was just my parents... Oh my god...I can't believe this! I was kidnapped! Oh my god oh my god oh my god!"

"Calm down!" Bill said. "And we can't let Carli and Dylan know that we've found out."

"But they are criminals! We need to call the police!" Andreas said angrily.

Bill sighed.

"We will...but not now. Let's give it time."

The bell rang, reminding them that they were still in school.

"I've got to go," said Nikki. "Wow, this is better then CSI or any of those other detectives shows! I hope you're both OK, see you later!"

She ran out the door.

"Skip the rest of the day?" Andreas suggested.

Bill hooked his arm around Andreas's and sighed.

"I was thinking the same exact thing."

They want home to see that Carli and Dylan were both gone. So they sat on Bill's bed and talked.

"I just can't believe this," said Andreas. "So we really aren't brothers? Wow..."

"I can't say I'm disappointed," Bill admitted.

"What?" Andreas asked."You don't want to be related to me?" He looked sad.

Bill just smiled and leaned in and kissed him. Andreas was shocked for a moment, but he didn't pull back.

"Why'd we do that?" Andreas asked, when they finally pulled back.

Bill sighed.

"Because we could?"

"Well...this changes everything. We're definitely not brothers anymore."

Bill shook his head.

"No, we're not brothers in any sense of the word."

They smiled at each other and then kissed again. But then the boys heard Carli and Dylan coming home. Andreas jumped out of Bill's bed.

"Don't leave!"

"But I should, though. What do you think they would say if they saw us kissing?"

Bill sighed.

"OK."

Andreas kissed him quickly and then went into his own room and shut the door.

Bill layed down and thought about everything that he had found out that day. Should they tell someone? Call the police? Confront Carli and Dylan? There were so many options...

He thought about it until he fell asleep because of all of the stress on his mind. In sleep, none of that bothered him.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the comments...but I don't understand...i have 5 ppl subscribed but only 3 comments for 2 chapters! now what sense does that make? Would it kill you to give me a little comment?