Living a Lie

Chapter 5

The car stopped in front of a huge mansion. Bill got out of the car quickly - not because he wanted to see his "family", but because he wanted to find something and kill himself as soon as he could.

His police escort rang the doorbell. A butler opened the door.

"Yes? Is this Sir Bill?"

Of course, the police had already informed his family that they had found him, so they were expected. The police officer nodded.

"OK, then. Follow me." The butler said. The police officer left, and Bill followed the butler into the house. Bill couldn't believe that his family was rich, though...

In the living room was a middle aged woman with medium length blond hair and brown eyes. She had tears in her eyes.

"Bill!"

She hugged him tightly. Bill didn't hug back, but he just stood there, his hands hanging limply at his sides. She hugged him for at least 5 minutes before letting go.

"Oh my god,I'm so happy to see you! I never thought that I would see you again... You're so grown up, I can't believe that it has been almost 13 years! Do you remember me? Oh, you look so sad! And thin, did they feed you?"

Bill was silent. He just stared at the ground.

Simone sighed.

"Bill, this is your brother, Tom." She pointed to a boy that Bill hadn't noticed before. Bill looked up to see an older version of the boy from his memory. Tom smiled.

"Hey."

Bill stared at him for a moment and then looked at the floor again.

"Um...Bill, do you want to see your room?" Simone asked.

He didn't say anything. She put her hand on his arm and gently led him through the huge house to his room.

"It's exactly the same as the way it was when you were younger. I couldn't bring myself to change it."

Bill nodded and went inside the room.

"I'll let you get settled in," she said. Bill closed the door after she left and he sat down with his back against it. He heard them talking.

"He's so weird! Can't he talk at all?" Tom complained.

"Tom! Don't be so rude! He just found out that he was kidnapped, give him some time to get used to things."

"How much time does he need? If he never would have left with those people in the first place, then none of this would have happened!"

"Don't blame him, he was 4 years old! He didn't know any better!"

"So? It doesn't matter how old he was, he should have known. He just ruined everything."

Bill couldn't bear to hear it any longer. He searched the room for something he could use to kill himself with. Finally he found a pair of scissors.

Suddenly the bedroom door opened. Bill hid the scissors behind his back. It was Simone.

"Hello, dear. Are you OK?"

Bill just looked at her. She sighed.

"Honey, I know it's going to be hard to get used to things, so take your time. Just know that I love you and I never stopped loving you after all of these years."

There was an uncomfortable silence. Bill felt the tears he had tried to hold back sliding down his face.

"Why don't you come out to the dining room for dinner?"

Bill nodded. He knew that he had no choice.

He slid the scissors into his back pocket and then followed her into the dining room.

Tom was already sitting there, eating. A maid gave Bill a plate of some strange German dish.

"It was your favorite," Simone said.

Bill nodded. He wasn't going to eat it. He definitely had no appetite right now.

"Next week you're going to start school," Simone said. "I think you'll like it at that school. Tom does."

Bill didn't reply.

"I think that you and your brother will get along well. What are your interests, Bill?"

Bill shrugged, stabbing his untouched food with his fork. There were plenty of things that he used to love, but right now he felt nothing, except the thought of death that lingered at the front of his mind.

"Don't you talk?" Tom asked. "Or do you think that you're too good for us?"

Bill didn't answer.

"Do you wish you were still with those criminals?"

"You didn't even know them," Bill whispered in English.

Tom sighed.

"He finally speaks, and not in a language that I understand. What the fuck is up with that?"

"Tom!" Simone scolded. "Sorry, Bill, You're brother can have a bit of an attitude sometimes."

"Why are you apologizing to him?" Tom asked. "He's the one who should be fucking apologizing! He fucking disappears for 13 years and he doesn't even seem to care how worried we were! We didn't even know if he was alive, and now we finally see him again and he can't even fucking talk to us! He's acting like he's the only one going through shit."

Bill dropped the fork on his plate with a loud clatter. He slowly stood up and walked to his room, and grabbed the scissors. He held them up, looking at them, and thinking about how easy it would be for him to end his life.

Bill walked out of his room and into the bathroom, where he shut the door. He sat in the bath tub, leaning his head against the cold tiles on the wall.

He was surprised at how calm he was through all of this.

He opened the scissors, took a deep breath, and closed his eyes as he began sawing away at his flesh until he was bleeding, and even then he kept on cutting deeper and deeper. He didn't feel any pain - he was too far gone for that. He couldn't feel the blade, slicing into his wrist, and he couldn't see the blood trickling down. He didn't shed any tears, or scream.

He just imagined Andreas holding him in his arms, telling him that he would be coming after him. He thought of everything until he eventually thought of nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please check out my new Tokio Hotel story, which will be posted later today [Oct. 18] titled This Road Is Going Nowhere. =)