Give Me Your Heart

24: We Need To Talk, Don’t We?

Wrinkling her nose a little, Riley peeked one of her blue eyes open, peeking at the alarm clock which sat on the end table. It was early, too early for Riley who had the morning off, and she was a little irked by the sound of the alarm. She had been hoping to spend a little while longer curled up beneath the duvet.

Sparing a little yawn, she closed her eyes for a second before she felt the arm wrap around her waist, a sensation which made her shake her head a little. It hadn’t been her intention, after another evening spent with Gerard, she had had every intention of heading home, but when the defender had flashed her the puppy eyes, she hadn’t been able to resist, something which had led to her spending the night curled up in his bed.

“I know you’re awake” Gerard mumbled, shifting a little beside her.

“It would be hard not to be with that alarm clock” Riley countered “It’s barely 8” she added, sparing a small yawn into her hand.

Gerard, who’d been watching her quietly, smiled a little, his blue eyes admiring her briefly. It had been a while since he’d woken up with her, even before their breakup, they’d often missed one another, and for a moment, he merely wanted to enjoy it. He wanted to take a second to admire the beautiful woman who laid at his side.

“Gerard, are you listening to me?” Riley quipped.

Gerard shook his head. “Not even slightly” he noted with a smirk “Were you saying something important?” he added cheekily.

Riley rolled her eyes a little. “I was asking why you’d set the alarm so early” she quipped.

Gerard nodded. “I’m due to have breakfast with Leo this morning” he noted “We’re headed off to playing Sporting Gijon this afternoon and I agreed that I would meet him before we went. I thought you’d have to leave too” he added, checking the time on the clock which stood on the end table.

“I’ve got the morning off” Riley mumbled, snuggling into her pillow a little as a small yawn fell out of her mouth.

Gerard watched her for a few seconds before he laid down beside her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. It hadn’t been long, after their first dinner, Riley had spent three more nights in his home over a period of a couple of weeks, but he was pleased with how it was going, even if it was still a secret, he was merely enjoying the idea of having her to himself for a while. “Buenos dias, Riley” he mumbled softly before he shifted the duvet a little, allowing him to press a kiss to her bump “Buenos dias, bump” he added.

Riley, who’d been attempting to fall back to sleep, shook her head, a soft smile on her face. “You know that you don’t have to do that, don’t you?” she posed softly.

Gerard nodded. “I know” he mumbled “But I like doing it. You’re very protective of your bump, Riley, and I like the idea that, when we’re alone, I can fuss over it without you yelling at me” he teased.

Riley rolled her eyes. “I don’t yell at you” she quipped, a small pout on her face.

Gerard snorted playfully, something which caused Riley to swat for him. “I do not yell at you” she quipped.

Gerard smirked and caught her hand, pinning it up above her head. “You’re sure about that?” he teased.

Riley shook her head, offering him a mock glare before she let out a little squeak, her other hand gently moving to rest against the front of the shirt of Gerard’s she had borrowed for the night. Gerard tilted his head a little before he tentatively reached his hand out, placing it over hers. “He’s moving again?” he posed gently.

“He is” Riley confirmed, shifting his hand a little.

Gerard marveled at the sensation of the movements against his hand before he carefully leant down, pressing another soft kiss against her bump. “Hola, little one” he mumbled softly.

Riley smiled a little. She was sure that she would miss the way that Gerard fussed over her bump when the baby came along.

“You’re smiling at me” Gerard mumbled, pulling his attention away from her stomach.

“You’re pretty cute” Riley teased “More so when you’re talking to bump” she added.

Gerard offered her a boyish smile before he leant down, pressing another gentle kiss against her lips.

Riley grinned into it for a moment before the sound of the doorbell echoed, causing them to pull apart. “It’s barely 8 in the morning” she mumbled softly “Were you expecting anyone?” she added.

“Not that I know of” Gerard quipped as he pushed himself to his feet “I should go and check it out though. You’re going to stay up here?” he posed.

Riley nodded, snuggling a little closer to her pillow once more.

Gerard offered her a slightly amused look before he stepped out of the room, making his way down towards the front door. Pushing a hand back through his hair, he padded through the hall before he pulled the door open, his blue eyes widening a fraction at the sight of Audrey and Luis who stared back at him, undecipherable expressions on their faces. “Mr and Mrs Cortez?” he squeaked.

“Gerard” Luis noted, his tone firm “We’re looking for our daughter. We were told by her roommate that you might know where she is?” he quipped, his dark eyes peeking up at the taller man.

Gerard blinked a couple of times before he shuffled out of the door way, allowing the older couple to step into the house. “Can I ask why you’re looking for her?” he posed gently as he led them through to his living room. It wasn’t like them, even after Riley had told them about her pregnancy, her parents had never been the most hands on, and it made him a little curious. It was more than a little out of the blue for them to show up unannounced.

Audrey offered him a dubious look before she nodded. “We’re due to head to breakfast with her this morning” she noted “We’d arranged to go baby shopping” she added.

Gerard offered her a small look before he nodded his head. “I should probably…” he mumbled as he jutted a thumb over his shoulder.

“You should” Luis confirmed “I think there is something we need to talk about, no?” he posed.

Gerard offered him an awkward smile before he padded up the stairs, a small sigh falling out of his mouth.

He had little doubt that the conversation that he and Riley were due to have with her parents would be less than comfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)