Give Me Your Heart

37: Just A Little Longer

“Is this the last of it?”

Riley, who was sat on the couch in her living room, looked up at the sound of Gerard’s voice, her blue eyes peeking up towards him. It had been a few days, after the baby shower, Gerard and Riley had been quick to start packing up her stuff, and after a couple of days, the last of Riley’s things had been placed into boxes, something which scared her a little. She knew that she had made the right call, with the baby due in a little over a month, she knew that it made sense to move in with Gerard, but still she was a little wary, even if it was the right decision, she was still a little worried that they were moving forwards too quickly.

Eyeing the box which sat in his hands, she offered him a small nod, a hesitant smile on her face. “I think so” she quipped.

Gerard nodded. “Then I will get this downstairs and then we can go. You’re still sure about this, aren’t you?” he posed gently. He knew that she was uncertain, even if she liked to pretend that she wasn’t, and he wanted to ensure that it was what she wanted. The last thing he wanted was for her to feel as though he was pushing her forwards before she was ready.

Riley, who’d shifted a little in her seat, nodded. “I am still sure, Gerard” she mused softly.

Gerard offered her a slightly dubious look before he set the box down, moving to sit beside her. “You don’t have to move in with me, Riley” he offered softly “If you wanted to, I am sure that your mother…”

“I want to do this, Gerard” Riley interjected.

Gerard quirked a small smile before he reached his hand out, gently squeezing hers which was in her lap, nervously fiddling with the material of her shirt. “I am glad that you do” he mumbled gently “For a second, I genuinely thought you were going to accept your mother’s offer” he teased softly.

It had worried him, as soon as the offer had fallen out of Audrey’s mouth, he had worried that Riley would accept, but he was pleased that she had opted against it, even more so that she had opted to stay with him instead. He knew that it was a temporary thing, after they’d left the baby shower, they’d talked about what she had said, and Riley had told him in no uncertain terms that, for the time being, it was a temporary arrangement, but he was still happy that she had opted to move in with him over her parents. The last thing he wanted was to find himself in a situation where he’d have to schedule when he saw his girlfriend or their son.

Riley quirked a small smile. “I’d never have done it” she mused, leaning her head on his shoulder “I love my parents, but the idea of living with them again…I couldn’t have done it, especially with you around. I know you sort of made amends with my papa, but I doubt he would let you into his home lightly” she added, a teasing smile on her face.

Gerard scoffed. “He’d never let me over the threshold, let alone into your room at night” he quipped with an amused grin.

Riley admired the smile on his face for a moment before she pressed a kiss to his cheeks, moving to push herself to her feet. “We need to get moving” she mused as she wrestled to her feet “You’ve got training tomorrow morning and I doubt Enrique will appreciate it if you show up tired from having to carry all of my boxes and suitcases around” she teased, offering her hand back to him.

Gerard offered her hand a look before he took it, pulling himself to his feet before he leant towards her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. “You know I love you, don’t you?” he mumbled gently, stealing a couple more gentle kisses.

Riley quirked a soft smile before she nodded. “I do” she confirmed gently “And you know that I feel the same way about, right?” she teased.

Gerard offered her a small smile and nodded before he moved to collect the box he’d set down, padding towards the door. “You ready to go?” he posed.

Riley offered him a slightly nervous look before she nodded, offering him a small smile which he was quick to return.

~#~
Letting out a small sigh of relief, Gerard plopped into the seat beside Riley, offering her a small smile. It had been a while, after the short drive between her apartment and his home, he had spent almost two hours moving all of Riley’s boxes into his home, but with all of her boxes stowed in his spare room, he had opted to take a small break, wanting to rest for a little while.

“You finally got them all inside them?” Riley, who was eating a bowl of cereal, teased.

“I have” Gerard quipped “No thanks to you” he added with a teasing smile.

“I offered to help you” Riley quipped “You were the one who insisted that I rest” she added.

Gerard rolled his eyes a little before he moved his hand, slipping it beneath her shirt to rest against the pronounced bump she carried. “You’re carrying something pretty special” he mused softly.

Riley watched him for a moment before she smiled, gently resting her hand over his. “He’s going to be here soon” she mumbled “Can you quite believe that?” she added.

Gerard shook his head. “Not really” he noted gently “But I know I am excited to meet him. I have been since you told me that you were expecting” he mused softly.

Riley smiled a little before she moved to rest her head against his shoulder, a small yawn falling out of her mouth. “I am sure he will be worth the wait” she mused softly “I mean, he’s half you after all” she added with a warm grin.

Gerard scoffed a little, mumbling about the baby being half her too, before he placed his hand against her head, tilting it so that he could press a soft kiss to the top of it. He knew that it was a temporary thing, as they stood, Riley was still determined to take their time about their relationship and that meant she still wanted to look for her own place, but still he was glad to have her there, even if it wasn’t a permanent, he was determined to make the most of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo, Phoebe Buffay and Jayme112234 for the comments :)