The Dare

Prologue

The first time I went to Luke's house, we had a chemistry project to complete and he invited me over to finish it up. They had a beautiful house on the outskirts of San Diego, I was kinda nervous meeting his parents and also his brother Nathan. When I had entered the tastefully decorated house, his mother Molly greeted me with a hug and led me into the kitchen where she was making chocolate cranberry cookies. The whole house smelled of delicious chocolate. Luke showed me through the house and I couldn't stop wondering about his brother, since we arrived here there was no sign of his presence.

When I excused myself to go to the bathroom, suddenly I ran into a tall wall of muscles. My head crashed against his flat stomach.

''Look where you are..'' the dark, raspy voice stopped mid sentence. I took a step back to look up to the person I had run into. This guy must be the infamous brother. Nathan. ''I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going.'' I whispered barely audible. He just looked at me like I just said something completely stupid.

''I'm Nathan, and you are ?'' he asked.

''I'm Noelle Rogers, a friend of Luke's.'' he looked at my lips while I spoke, which I found to be really weird. Without a single word he left.

I took a moment before I eventually headed to the bathroom, to recap what just happened. Tall, broad shouldered, with dark longish wavy hair. Both of his arms were peppered with tattoos. He was wearing a black shirt and black skinny jeans. Two silver studs decorated his full bottom lip as well as a hoop in his nose. His eyes were a beautiful emerald green. Even in the dimmed light of the hallway they shone. I couldn't fathom my reaction to Nathan, so when I got back to Luke's room I was all flushed and flustered.

''Judging by the look you have on your face, you just met my brother, right ?'' Luke remarked while jotting down notes. ''He has that effect on girls. He's a player, Noelle. Be careful not to burn yourself. I watched him play his game and it never ended well.''

After that evening Nathan Oliver Burke was a ghost that haunted my mind constantly.