The Dare

Chapter 1

Luke and I became best friends and my crush on his older brother Nathan grew with each time I saw him. Every guy that tried to go out with me had to compete with him. I was ruined, Nathan ruined me. His cocky and arrogant attitude drove me completely insane but I quickly noticed that he was like that around his family and friends but on the rare occasions we were alone he was a sweet, caring man. We had a lot of things in common, like the love for heavy music, the art of tattoos and literature. He wanted to become a tattoo artist once he graduated high school and he was really good at drawing.

He once drew me two pieces that were so beautiful that I made a promise to him, to get them tattooed on me and that I wanted him to do that.

I haven't broken that promise nor did I fulfill it.

One fateful night.

It was the day I graduated college and Luke threw me a graduating/going away party because the next day I would leave for Los Angeles to start cosmetology school and become a makeup artist. All of my friends were there and also Nathan.

Cassie, my other friend from college had the glorious idea to play truth or dare. At first I didn't want to play but something inside of me told me that I needed to play. That something inside of me were probably the cherry vodka shots talking but whatever.

The few times the bottle neck pointed in my direction I always ended up choosing truth.

''Noelle, don't be such a baby. You have to do dares too.'' she looked at me knowingly when I just nodded. Since she was the last one who played she got to chose my dare. I knew that she would dare me to do something really stupid. I wasn't wrong.

''I dare you to make out with Nathan.'' she said with a smirk. Nathan turned his gaze my way when he heard his name. I turned paler than I already was. I wanted to fall into a hole and die. This wasn't happening, no way he would kiss me.

He stood up from the couch where he was sitting and made his way to me.''No.No.No.'' I screamed in my head. ''Yes!'' My inner me was making a little dance and my heart made several skips and my mind was reeling.

Once he stood in front of me, I was literally hyperventilating.My breath came out ragged, the alcohol finally taking it's toll on me. He took my hand and whispered in my ear. '' Are you sure we should do this ? We can go to my room and pretend we did make out.'' I inhaled his scent which became my favorite scent in the whole world. Before I could overthink what he just said I grabbed the back of his neck and clawed my hand in his silky black hair and pressed my lips to his. Never in my wildest dreams I had imagined that I would be the one initiating this kiss. What the hell was I doing ? All my pent up desire for him was in this kiss. My skin was burning from where his hand was still holding mine. After a moment of shock, his lips moved with mine. The cold steel of his piercings mashing with our joined hot breaths, his hand suddenly left mine and traveled to my hips to only close the distance between us.

I was trapped in the heat of the moment, I ignored cat calls and chanting from all the other guests. Everything around us was just a blurred and muted backdrop and all I could think of was Nathan. I was consumed by his scent, his feel, the way his hand was firmly grabbing my hip setting my whole body on fire. Finally this was happening. All of my day dreams didn't prepare me for the real thing. Kissing him was addictive and there was no cure. He was my drug of choice.

He suddenly stopped kissing me, took a step back and whispered ''I can't do this, sorry.'' And he just left.These five words were the last ones I ever heard from him. He took my heart with him and I don't know if I will ever get it back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter has been edited.