Status: Lady in Red is RATED R! Be advised. Strong and Mature Content! Updated regularly :)

Lady in Red

Chapter 3

Loud speakers boomed in the air as flashing lights sparked everywhere. People were drinking tremendously, falling from left to right. Music boomed in every corner of the room as the lights matched its theme. Catherine looked around as the room grew bigger and bigger around her from first floor to the third. It was probably the biggest club in Boston she had been in, let alone her very first time that is. Catherine hated clubs. She hated the whole loud environment and people drinking stupidly. She loved to drink occasionally but she wasn't much of a liquor or beer drinker--precisely to say, she was only a wine drinker.

"Come on, girl! Cheer up. It's your first time going to a club. Be lucky you ended up here!" Greta yelled through the music, hugging Catherine from the side.

"I'm only here because it's your birthday; otherwise, I would't be here. You know how I don't---"

"Oh, shut up. But thank you for coming, though!" Catherine rolled her eyes at her friend.

"I'm gonna go get a drink! Want one?" Greta asked, giving Catherine a devilish smile. Catherine smirked and nodded.

"Sure, get me some wine, will you?"

"Jesus, Catherine! NO. I'm getting you some vodka and maybe one or two tequila shots. You're turning up tonight!" Greta protested, throwing her hands in the air. Catherine laughed.

"Yeah, okay whatever. Whatever for you, darling." Greta winked at her friend before disappearing. Heck, who cares if she has work tomorrow? She has to loosen up a little for once in a while. It's greta's birthday for heaven's sake, one drink won't hurt. Greta came back with her vodka in the hand and Catherine took it, shockingly.

Should she drink it?

"Listen, you need---" Greta was cut off mid sentence when suddenly a tall, tan man came up behind her. Catherine couldn't take his description in too clearly because of the crazy lighting in the room but she could tell he was handsome.

"Hi, I'm Jason. Care for a drink?" He asked Greta, extending his hand out for her. Woah, too quick on that, don't you think boy? Greta looked back at Catherine with a goofy smile and almost immediately pushed her drink that was in her hands a minute ago at her friend.

"Sure!" Greta giggled, looking at Catherine, who was now holding two cups of poison. Smooth, Greta, smooth move. Catherine rolled her eyes but gave her a permission to dance with a stranger. Normally, Catherine would hold her friend back because of her stupidity of being lured into a guy's charm without thinking. That always ends up bad because Greta comes home the next day with an aching bottom. But this is Greta's night so she can have it. Sometimes she wondered, though. Catherine shivered in disgust. How could someone give their virginity out so willingly? Catherine, of course, is saving her modesty and virginity for the marriage. Only then she will willingly give herself out.

Catherine looked around for her friend in the midst of the crowd that was increasing every two minutes, but she couldn't find her anywhere. Should she be worried?

"Omg, did you hear? He's back! I heard he's visiting us tonight!" A voice bellowed from behind Catherine. Even through the loud music, Catherine was able to hear this. Damn, these girls are loud.

"Yes, you heard right! That whole area is going to be sealed off for him and his VIP crew," The bartender spoke, pointing towards the upstairs deck. Catherine looked up to see almost everyone empty the place out on the second floor. Maybe six or seven were up there but that meant more people on the bottom and third floor. What's so special about this person?, Catherine thought. Jay Dean's son doesn't come back to the US until tomorrow?

"Omg, he's here!" Someone screamed. Almost immediately everyone turned towards the front entrance. Catherine turned her head towards the main entrance as well. The lighting the room flashed uncontrollably. Catherine took a closer look at whoever was entering.

"Catherine! Did you hear, the--"

"Greta, where were you?! I was looking everywhere for you!" Catherine yelled through the music, looking at her friend. Greta rolled her eyes.

"Girl, you worry too much. I'm fine. But look--" Catherine looked away from her friend and back at the door. Whoever that person was, wasn't there but when Catherine looked up she saw a light figure walk up the stairs. She couldn't see who it was, exactly. She just couldn't make out the figure.

"That's---"

"Whoever, he is. I don't care. Listen, I really have to go to the bathroom. Have you seen it?" Catherine asked, holding her drinks tightly.

"Second floor to the right where the hall is. But, I don't think anyone can go up there. Only, VIPS!"

"What do you mean? I have to pee, why wouldn't they let me go up there?"

"Because, honey! That is only for--"

"Where else am I suppose to go to, Greta?"

"I don't know. Try, if you would like. I'm gonna go back to my boy. Want to join me? There are a lot of single hotties out there!" Catherine laughed, shaking her head.

"No. You go have fun, though."

"What a buzz kill, bitch!" Greta yelled, laughing. Catherine rolled her eyes at her friend. When Greta disappeared, Catherine took this as her chance to risk whatever is it that she was going to do. But she has to pee and why would they stop someone from going to the bathroom? It's not like she wanted a photograph or a meet and greet with this person, whoever he is! Then again, who could be more popular then Jay Dean and his family and crew? Catherine excused herself from everyone and walked up the stairs in despite the fact that she wasn't aloud over there. From the corner of her eyes she could see some people look at her like she was crazy. Catherine ignored them and when she reached the second floor, she stopped. There were group of people blocking whoever this person was that Catherine couldn't see and they were laughing and smiling over something. No one noticed her up there so she went ahead and proceeded towards the bathroom, ignoring everyone.

Catherine placed her drinks down on the platform in the bathroom before doing her business and after a good satisfying moment later, she came out of the stalls ti retrieve her drinks. She looked at herself in the morning.

Man, tonight was definitely her last day with Jay Dean because tomorrow she was going to be somebody else's personal assistant. Catherine didn't know how to feel about this but somewhere deep inside of her, her conscious told her that it was going to just fine. At least, she hoped.

Catherine slowly walked out of the bathroom with the drinks in her hand. She felt the urge to chug her drink down and so she did because she was tired of holding two cups in her hands. She sure as hell is going to be hurting tomorrow morning. Catherine closed her eyes and chugged the whole cup down. The bitter drink ran down her throat and Catherine felt like gagging. In the midst of chugging down the last gulp of the drink, Catherine didn't realize that she was completely oblivious to whoever was in front of her when suddenly she came in contact with a hard body in front of her. Greta's cup that was in her hand was now splattered at the person in front of her and the gulp she had in her mouth was suddenly out of her mouth and in contact with whoever that was standing in front of her, also.

"Shit! I'm so sorry!" Catherine apologized, trying desperately to somehow wipe the drink off of the person. When she finally looked up, she stopped. Catherine didn't know what to think. Oh god, this was the most embarrassing moment of her life! There stood the most handsome guy she had ever laid her eyes on. In despite the fact that it was dark in the room, Catherine somehow got a good glimpse of him. 5'9, very muscular, brown well-maintained hair, and a shade of dark grey orbs. That's all Catherine saw out of him. She begged to heaven's lord that the flashing lights in the room kept him from getting a good glimpse of her.

"It's fine," He spoke, trying to wipe the drink off of him. A low, husky voice. Catherine was bewildered by it all.

"No, here let me help you--" Catherine was cut off when suddenly a group of guys from behind them came in view.

"Holy shit! That girl just threw her drink at him!" Someone yelled through the music. Catherine blushed a deep shade of red. Catherine wanted to say something but it seemed as if nothing wanted coming out of her mouth. She was being accused and she didn't like it. It made her feel low.

"Yeah, I saw! She threw her drink at him!" A girl screeched, suddenly in front of Catherine. Soon after, more people started to gather up around them.

"Guys, you're just creating a false controversy here. She didn't literally throw it at me, it slipped," He spoke, nonchalantly. Catherine looked at him in awe. Who was this guy?

"Just make sure this doesn't end up in the news the next morning, bro," One of the guy joked. Everyone ended up laughing at it.

"It's a good thing no one knows you're here but us," a girl said, giggling.

"But your parents goinnn' find out, tonight!" Everyone were beginning to engage in a conversation but the mystery man in front of Catherine. Catherine bit her bottom lip as she stood there awkwardly. The mystery man rolled his eyes at everyone and Catherine couldn't help but to snicker a little. The mystery man in front of her seemed to have heard her snicker as his eyes were on her now, observing a little. Everyone excused themselves and Catherine began to feel uncomfortable and nervous.

"Don't mind them. They're a bit crazy at times," He spoke, giving Catherine an earth-shattering smile.

"I'm sorry, once again. I should have looked at where I was going," Catherine urged, giving him an apologetic smile.

"It's fine, really," he chuckled. Catherine stood there with her bottom lip still in her mouth as he contented to stare at her with a crooked smile. Catherine had to keep her ground from falling because that's much effect his voice had on her. Wondered what he really looked like without these lights covering the details.

"It's hard to see you in here because of the lights," he said, tilting his head one side.

"Yeah..yeah, it is! So, um, you seem to be quite popular here! You come down here often?" Catherine yelled through the music, laughing awkwardly. She cursed herself lightly under her breath for asking such a stupid question. Mystery man laughed softly as he flickered his nose with his thumb softly, chuckling.

"I used to before I went to Paris for couple of years. Somehow, my people found out I was coming a day early and dragged me down here for a celebration in my own club." His club?, Catherine thought. This was one of the finest, richest, most successful night club in Boston and only one person owned it as a gift from his parents. Jay Dean's son…

Realization hit Catherine as she almost chocked on her own saliva.

"I'm…I'm Cathy, " Catherine said, nervously. To test the water, Catherine cut her name half off.

"Reece Dean," he said, extending his hand out for her to grab. Catherine desperately tried to keep still as jolts of current ran through her from the touch as she took his hand almost immediately.

Shit, shit!, Catherine cursed under her breath again. She was probably going to be fired tomorrow before she even got the chance of being his personal assistance if he knew who she was. Catherine laughed, awkwardly.

"I..I should be going now," she said, taking a small step back. She definitely should have listened to her friend as she had warned her not to come upstairs.

"Going so soon?"

"Yeah, yeah, tomorrow is--uh--a big day for, you know? Don't want to miss it," she blabbered, faking out a laugh. She should definitely get out of here before he gets a good glimpse of her.

"Whatever it is, hope it goes well for you. Nice meeting you," he smiled.

"Nice meeting you!" She yelled, almost too immediately. Catherine bit her tongue before it got the best of her. Reece chuckled again and he shook his head. He excused himself and headed for the bathroom, unbuttoning his shirt. Catherine couldn't see it all since he had disappeared but she looked away quickly, realizing something stupid.

Was she getting the hots for the richest man in this city? That too, her new soon to be boss? Catherine walked down the stairs slowly as she chugged down her friend's drink. She desperately needed that because tomorrow was probably going to her doom day.

"You finished my drink!" Greta yelled, approaching her.

"I think I might need a third glass," Catherine murmured, looking up at the second floor where Reece Dean stood.
♠ ♠ ♠
First meeting!