Cassie in Love

first

Cassie's stomach was in knots as she paced from her barely-used kitchen to her pristine bedroom, then into her blindingly white bathroom and out into her small living room. She'd covered her entire apartment countless times in the past two minutes and when she peaked at the mess scattered along her bathroom sink and the tank of the toilet, her pacing only increased.

Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck! Shit! Fuck! Fuck.

Nico was going to be there to pick her up in just ten more minutes; maybe she should just call and cancel, tell him that she was feeling sick. In all honesty, Cassie didn't know whether she needed to sit on the toilet or kneel in front of it but her guts had been highly volatile ever since she got back from the store earlier.

Passing by the full length mirror in the corner of her bedroom, Cassie paused to examine herself. She leaned her head to the side, Nice legs, great rack, decent stomach... all these damn freckles that Nico likes so much... Too bad it would all go to shit by the end of the year.

With a dramatic huff, Cassie turned on her stereo and went to her closet to pull out the orange sundress she'd chosen for their date. She slipped it on and was fashioning the front of her hair into a clip when a buzz came at her intercom. Something twisted in Cassie's stomach and she clenched her butt cheeks together; she'd had her chance to use the bathroom but it was too late now.

She buzzed him in then dipped into the bathroom. She tossed all ten of her positive pregnancy tests into the brown paper bag the store had given them to her in and shoved the bag under the sink. By then, Nico was knocking at her door.

Cassie took a few deep breaths to steady herself and walked calmly to the door. Nico's beautiful smile greeted her and he pulled her into a deep kiss. For just a moment, Cassie forgot her worries and reveled in Nico's cologne and the way his tender lips were caressing hers.

He pulled away first. "You look beautiful."

Cassie felt herself blush as she thanked him. Even after six months of dating, he could still make her blush and giggle and swoon like a little high school girl. She loved that he could make her feel that way with what seemed like little effort. Maybe he won't completely freak out. I just have to find the right time to tell him...