Status: For a contest.

Night Life.

Ellen.

Tonight was the night, the purge was going to begin around eight. I could see people retreating to their homes, locking their doors and blocking their windows. Over the years they had become more and more violent, allowing more dangerous weapons then the year before.

Here I was, wearing a pair of black boots, topped with black smei baggy soft four pocket sweat pants. Each pocket holding something dangerous, which was a range from a small handgun to a pocket knife shapped like a brush. My shirt was black with long sleeves, hidden under the giant soft black hoddie that I wore. Going for all black was a thing, I learned from survivers that it basically helped you survive.

My hair was in a messy bun hidden under the hood that dropped over my face hiding my eyes, but allowing me to see.

My body swayed, leaning on my heels and then moving towards my toes. My hands swaging at my side as I stared at my front door, it was now or never. Already ten minutes past eight and I could hear the wild ones outside, the ones with the most anger and the most revenge.

He was already out and about, probably getting a few kills in before cuddling the rest of the night with his girlfriend.

My hands clenched into tight fists right before I gripped the doorknob and swung the door arm, no armour but alot of needed protection.

"Ellen?" The woman next doors voice hit my ear drums causing my stop, I should have checked before stepping out side of my apartment.

"Yes, it's me." I replied in a slightly mono tone, hoping she would just walk away.

She was an old woman, a woman who was in her early ages of memory loss. Not something small about it either, she had family come over and care for her everyday. They had to cook for her, clean her, help her to every extent. My eyes watched her as she stood by the window in the hallway, her fingers tracing the edges.

"Everyone is so angry tonight," Her eyes went from looking out side to being locked with my own, a pinge of guilt filled my stomach. What if no one came to watch her? To protect her? "I hope you're happy dear, I love that smile."

I couldn't help as the strings to my heart were being pulled, I wanted to walk inside, change and then go spend the night in her house. She deserved that much.

But instead, i gave her a soft smile before making my way down the two flights of stairs and out of the front door cautiously.