Fate Intervenes

Chapter 2- London's Calling

Chapter 2- London Calling

Today is the day, today I am moving to London England. Today I am packing up everything I owe and moving across the world. Saying goodbye to my family is going to be the hardest thing I will have to do. But I know if I don’t take the opportunity then I will regret it for the rest of my life. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life. What 26-year old can say they got an amazing job in a different country right out of university? I thought as I lay in bed. Its 5:00am I should probably get up now my plane leaves at 8:30.

I grabbed my phone as say that I had a couple of text messages.

Lizzie: Hello Love. I hope you have a good flight. I will be there to pick you up at the airport when you arrive! I can’t wait to see you xo

Izzy: Lizzie!! Thank you so much. I can’t wait to finally meet you. I will text you when I land xo

After I finished texting I headed down stairs to the kitchen to greet my parents who were having coffee before we left for the airport.

At 5:00am I really needed a vanilla latte. I made my self a coffee and joined my parents Matt and Jess at the table. I gave my mother a hug good morning first, and then when I went to my father.

Once I finished my coffee I went back to my bedroom to get ready for the journey.
I decided to wear black jeggings, a white t-shirt, a beige sweater and black converse shoes. I decided to put my hair in a bun and just put mascara on for makeup.

Fifteen minutes later everyone was in the van we started the journey to Pearson airport. As we were driving all I could think about was starting the new chapter in my life. Will I like London? Will I love my new job? Will I be good at my new job? What is Lizzie like? Will I get along with her? Will I find love? Will I make friends besides Lizzie?

45 minutes later we were at the airport and I was saying goodbye to my family. The first person I hugged goodbye was Katie my 23-year-old sister. As I was giving her a hug goodbye she whispered in my ear “ I am going to miss you so much! Have fun and find a hot boyfriend with an accent.” We heard a click as we both pulled away from the hug smiling at each other. My mother had taken a picture of us hugging. As she showed us the picture she sent it to my phone.

Next I hugged my father goodbye. “Have fun in England, please be safe.”

Lastly I gave my mother a big hug. I was going to miss her the most as she is my best friend. “Have fun, be safe. I love you so much.” She whispered into my ear as a tear rolled down her cheek. “I love you more,” I said as tears rolled down my face as well.

I had said goodbye to my older brother Nathan (28- years old) my sister-in-law Haley (28-years old) my niece Ella (3 years old) and my nephew Kyle (1 years old) at my going away party a couple of days ago.

I waved goodbye as they got into the van and drove away. I grabbed my luggage and headed inside to check my luggage and print off my boarding pass. An hour later I was passed security and waiting at my gate.

I had an hour and a half before my plane left so I found a seat and looked at the pictures my family had taken of our goodbyes. I made a collage of me hugging each of my family members I then posted the picture on instagram.

@Izzy_xo: Hardest goodbye. I am going to miss you guys so much.

While scrolling through my instagram newsfeed I noticed that Katie posted a picture of us hugging and smiling at the camera onto instagram with the caption:

@Katie_xo: Have fun in London England! I am going to miss you so much. Enjoy your new adventure! Love you xo

As I looked at the time on my phone I noticed that I still have a hour before I boarded my plane so I put my phone into my bag and headed to find some food.

After eating breakfast I stopped by a little store and bought some gum, a water bottle, and the book ‘Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes to read on the plane. I walked to my gate and sat down in a seat. I still had 45 minutes to kill so grabbed my MacBook and started watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

As soon as one episode ended I noticed that people were starting to line up to get on the plane so I put away my laptop and pulled out my phone to text my mother as I was waiting in line.

Izzy: Hey momma bear, I am just about to board the plane. I will text you when we are about to take off.

Momma Bear: Okay. Be safe and have fun. I love you xo

Izzy: I love you more xo

Momma Bear: not possible ;) xo

Soon I was at the front of the line and I gave the lady my boarding pass and passport. She scanned my ticket and I made my way onto the plane.

15 minutes later the flight attendants were telling everyone to turn there phones onto airplane mode. I quickly sent out a text to my mom that the plane was taking off and turned the phone onto airplane mode.

I grabbed the gum that I bought and put on my seat belt as I waited until the plane took off. 20 minutes later we were in the air.

Once the seat belt sign was turned off I started to look through the movie selection on the personal TV’s attached to the seats. As I looked through the selection I noticed that they had ‘The Proposal’ with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, which was one of my favourite movies. Not long after I was lost in the story line.

Three hours later the flight attendant went around giving the passengers lunch.

I still had four hours left so I decided to go to sleep for a little bit. I pulled out my phone and selected my Taylor swift playlist. Listening to her sing as I drifted off into a deep sleep.

“Harry what are you doing it’s pouring rain outside?” I stated as he grabbed my hand and started to pull me further outside. “Come on” he said smirking as he stopped walking in the middle of the lawn at Kensington Palace “on your bucket list it says you want to kiss someone in the rain.” I looked into his blue eyes as he started to lean in. His left hand was caressing my cheek as his right hand pulled me closer to him lifting me up. And then it happened his lips touched mine and millions of fireworks exploded in my mind.

3 hours later I woke up from my sleep. I still had one hour left so I decided to take out my laptop to watch the television show Hawaii 5 o.

We land in London it will be about 8:30pm, but by the time I am through customs and get my luggage I should be out by 9:30am at the latest. When we landed I turned on my phone and texted my family telling them that I had arrived to London safe. I then texted Lizzie

Izzy: Hey Lizzie. I just landed.

Lizzie: Okay Love! See you then xo

I grabbed my bag and started to make my way out of the plane. I was through customs and had my luggage in less that an hour. I make my way to the exit and notice Lizzie standing there with a sign that said “Welcome To London Izzy!” I walked up to her and gave her a big hug.

“Let’s go drop your bags off at the house, you must be exhausted.” Lizzie said grabbing one of my suitcases.

“Thanks.” I said smiling.

“Tomorrow I have a big day planned. We will do some sightseeing then tomorrow night we can go to a pub so you can meet my friends.”

With that we linked arms and walked to the tube station that would take us to my new house. 40 minutes late we were at the front door of my new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy the new chapter. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think? Harry should be in the store within the next two chapters.