‹ Prequel: Camp Celestial

Fire and Ice

Tiberius

Once Delia fell asleep, I had planned on getting out of bed to go speak with Logan. However, when I tried to move, her arms held onto me as tight as iron. It was a little intimidating but that must be what Annalise meant when she said that both Delia and her wolf needed me.

So, I sighed and stared up at the ceiling. I thought about my father; how his plan was finally revealed. I also thought about what would have happened if they hadn’t figured it out. Without realizing it, I tightened my hold on Delia. It would have killed her.

Someone knocked on the door and I tried to get up. I was as successful as earlier, though.

“It’s me,” Marie said through the door. “Can I come in?”

“I don’t know,” I mumbled. “It’s supposed to be-”

“Come in,” Delia slurred, her eyes still shut.

“Sorry, baby,” I whispered but she was asleep again. Marie tiptoed in and sat down on the bed beside me. “How’s your neck?”

She rubbed the left side absently.

“I’ll live,” she whispered.

“Why’d you do it, Marie?” I asked. “I told you not to. He could have killed you.”

She looked at her lap. “I couldn’t stand it anymore, André. When he lost, he was bound by the magic of the contract to cooperate. I felt you mate before he did. I knew he was going to lose it so I blocked the door seconds before he realized it. He raged at me. I told him it was time he left you alone.”

“So he bit you,” I murmured and she nodded.

“Logan got to him before he could kill me. He pushed Logan off of him and ran up here.” She glanced at Delia. “What happened up here?”

I sighed again, rubbing Delia’s arm.

“We mated,” I said and she nodded. “Then father started pounding on the door. He let it slip that he was going to try and claim Delia. Then he told Delia that he wanted to apologize to me so she gave him permission to enter. He grabbed her by the throat. He was going to try and mark her anyway. Delia’s wolf took over. Let me tell you, I’m going to do all I can to keep myself on her wolf’s good side.”

Marie smiled. “She’s scary?”

“Terrifying,” I nodded.

I could tell Marie was still trying to recover. I wasn’t sure how much of her blood he took, but she was paler than normal.

“Kelly has been helping me replenish,” she said as if she could read my thoughts. “She said it would be more effective if I had your blood but-”

Without hesitating, I bit into my arm. She looked uncertain but gave in. As siblings, my blood could heal her wounds in seconds. If she was using Kelly’s blood, it was no wonder it was taking so long for her to heal.

“Did they really call Tiberius?” she asked, licking her lips when she was done feeding.

I watched as my arm healed then nodded.

“Annalise says he’ll be here tomorrow,” I said and she shifted.

“We’re going to have to talk to him, aren’t we?” she murmured.

“I have a feeling he’ll just read our minds,” I said. “He doesn’t trust easy. When disputes happen, he knows people lie. And with all the tension between our races….”

“You’ve met him?”

Delia startled both of us. I hadn’t realized she was awake.

I nodded. “Yeah, I’ve met him.”

“How?” she asked.

I chewed on my lip and looked at Marie. She nodded and backed out, closing the door softly. I turned to face her on my side and wrapped my arms around her. I kissed her a couple times.

“It was when my father first turned me,” I explained. “He tried to mark my mother; he thought she was his mate. It ended up almost killing her. He wasn’t always like this, Delia. He truly loved her and sought Tiberius out. He made a deal with my father: If he kept his vampire urges at bay, he would save my mother. It worked for a hundred years.” I shook my head. “Then my father relapsed. My mother died and I turned back to a human.”

“Really?” she breathed.

“Yeah. But when that happened, I got really sick. My father was disgusted by me. He didn’t want me around but Marie had grown fond of me so she talked him into turning me again.”

“So he’s not your birth father,” she stated and I shook my head.

“No. My birth father died of the plague.”

“Is Tiberius a vampire?”

“Yes. He is the father of us all.”

“Is he… frightening?”

“Yes,” I repeated and kissed her forehead. “But he won’t hurt you.”

“Why isn’t he the one doing the negotiations?”

“He probably will now. Are you still tired?”

She bit her lip and put her hand on my chest.

“No,” she whispered, her eyes half closed. “There’s something else I want to do.”

I chuckled a little. “Oh yeah? And what’s that?”

With the speed of her wolf, Delia had me on my back and kissed me.

-

“I’m under-dressed,” Delia complained.

“You look fine,” I assured her.

“You said he’s the father of all the vampires! Shouldn’t I be wearing a fancy dress?”

Logan rolled his eyes. “Stop panicking, Delia. You look fine.”

We were gathered in the front room. Tiberius was supposed to arrive any minute and everyone was tense. I felt a strange sense of excitement, though. It was as if Tiberius was an old friend and I’d finally get to see him after a long vacation.

The windows went dark and Delia jumped. Every lamp in the house flickered on. Any other sort of light was extinguished. Delia gripped my hand as a column of black smoke swirled in front of us like a tornado. Out of the smoke stepped what looked like a young man.

His hair was brown and went down to his waist. His eyes were black and, as one, Marie, Kelly, Jamie, and I all got on our knees.

“Stand,” Tiberius said.

When we did, the smoke was gone but the windows were still blacked out. His eyes swept across everyone but lingered on Delia.

“The white wolf,” he commented and she stepped closer to her father. “I will not harm you. Though I come under such grave circumstances, it is a pleasure to see you again, André.”

“Likewise,” I breathed, approaching him.

I did the salute and he held his hand out to shake mine.

He frowned. “I heard it is something the humans do,” he said. “I do not understand it but I am trying to… accommodate.” He approached Logan who looked very intimidated. “Logan Wolfe, alpha of the Wolfe Clan.”

“Sir,” he murmured and did the salute. “Thank you for coming on such short notice.”

“I am ashamed to hear of Louis’ actions,” Tiberius said. His eyes went to Annalise and he kissed her hand. “I did not expect such a lovely young woman to become a werewolf. What was your reasoning?”

“I-I was dying,” she said, looking a little overwhelmed by his presence. “And I love Logan. I wanted to be with him forever.”

Tiberius tilted his head. “Surely you would have worried for your daughter.”

She stared at me. “Delia was already born.”

“You do not know,” Tiberius said quietly. “Very well. It seems Fate has brought me here for several reasons.” He rubbed his chin. “My first piece of business resides in your basement. Please, Alpha, lead me to the traitor.”

“You can call me Logan,” he stammered but Tiberius shook his head slowly.

“You are my host, I am your guest. You deserve my respect.”

“Er… right,” he said. “Well, he’s this way.” He pointed at Delia, all trace of intimidation gone. “Stay up here, Delia.”

“But-”

“Don’t argue,” he interrupted. “I don’t want you anywhere near him.”

“He is right, White Wolf,” Tiberius said and Delia blinked.

“My name is Delia,” she said slowly.

“We will be back,” he said and gestured for Logan to lead the way again.