Status: A work in progress

Dance With Me

Ch 2

“Well if it isn’t little Shayne Wolf! Never thought I’d see you walk through our front door again.” Willow’s mother threw the boy in a tight hug.
Shayne could see how much Blair was truly hurting, how broken hearted she was over her daughter’s illness.
“Mrs. Hartmann, it’s so good to see you.”
“Daron, Daron honey! Come see who’s here.”
A large man staggered into the room, a look of confusion on his face.
“It’s Shayne Wolf.”
“Ah! Shayne! How are you doing son?”
“I’m doing very well sir, how are you doing?”
“Suppose as good as I can right now.”
The room filled with an awkward, sorrowful silence.
Willow’s face scrunched, already sick of the depressed state.
“Momma, daddy, we have something to tell you.” She grasped Shayne’s hand with a smile. “We’re getting married!”
“What? Willow-”
“That’s fantastic sweetheart!” Shayne’s tension eased ever so slightly as Daron’s hand clapped on his shoulder. “Congratulations you two.”
“Momma?” Willow gazed at her expectantly. “Aren’t you excited?”
“I’m, I’m ecstatic baby.” Tears overflowed as she clutched onto her daughter. “My baby girl is getting married.”
Before Shayne knew what was going on, he was thrown into a family hug that nearly cut off his oxygen.
“We need to start planning!” Blair bustled around, pulling out notebooks and magazines. “There’s so much to do!”
Willow held back tears.
For the first time in a month her household was filled with excitement, with cheer. Her parents were smiling, honest smiles.
Her smile widened as she heard Shayne’s laugh.
This was everything she could have ever hoped for.
Daron and Shayne exchanged laughter as they watched the frantic Blair.
“We should have the wedding at the old church!”
The young couple locked eyes, smiling like children. “Sounds perfect.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is ridiculously short.