Kryptonite

Bad Romance

“Your son must be in heaven,” Conan O’Brien states as he continues the interview for Twisted. “Mom is Harley Quinn and his Dad is Superman. Or does he not know too much about comic books?”

“He’s obsessed with Batman: The Animated Series and cartoons like that,” I start. “He just couldn't care less about who Henry and I play. He’s a full blooded Batman and Joker fan. He doesn’t care about Clark Kent or Harley Quinn.”

“Are you serious?” Conan laughs. “How does Henry feel about this?”

“He’s not happy,” I giggle. “I brought Maverick to the set of Batman Vs Superman and he was honestly more excited to see Ben than his own father. Henry was hurt, obviously. His greatest achievement and his son couldn’t care less. It’s funny.”

“What about you?” He asks. “How do you feel about your son not caring about who you play?”

“I’m glad he doesn’t care,” I admit. “The outfit I wear isn’t kid appropriate. Maverick visited me once on set of Suicide Squad and I wasn’t out of costume yet. Henry tried his hardest to block Mav’s sight. It didn’t work. So here is a nearly four year asking why Mom’s Harley is wearing less clothing than the real Harley.”

“You and Henry spend a lot of time together,” he noted. “How does your other half feel about it?”

I let out an uncomfortable chuckle. “How would you feel if a gorgeous Brit keeps hanging out with your girlfriend? He’s not happy about it but he knows we’re civil for Maverick’s sake. We’re friends, nothing more.”

“On that note, we’re going to head to a commercial break. And when we get back, we’ll talk to Lacey about her upcoming movie, Twisted….”

**

“I don’t like you hanging out with Henry as much as you do.” Craig tells me over the phone. I just roll my eyes as I enter the elevator of my hotel. “It’s not normal. Exs shouldn’t be friends.”

“They should when they have a kid together,” I counter. “Craig, he’s the father of my son. He’s going to be in my life no matter what. You have to get used to it.”

“I don’t like sharing you,” he states, matter-of-factly.

“I don’t know what to tell you,” I roll my eyes as I exit the elevator the moment it reaches my floor. “Henry is a big part of my life.”

“Can’t you just cut back on the amount of time you spend with him?”

“I don’t think I can do that.” I tell him. “Can we talk about this when Maverick leaves for London and I get home?”

A sigh comes through, “talk to you later.” He hangs up. No I love you or anything. A sigh of my own escapes my lips as I unlock my hotel and walk in.

Once inside I see Henry and Maverick curled up on the bed watching Young Justice on Netflix. Maverick is passed out on Henry while Henry just looks at his son happily. I can’t help but to smile. Seeing these two together always brings me joy.

“You know you can turn off Young Justice or are you afraid to move?” Henry lets out a soft chuckle.

“This doesn’t happen often so I want to cherish these moments whenever they happen.” He smiles as he plays with Maverick’s dark curly hair.

“He misses you,” I tell him. “He’s really excited to go to London with you for a few weeks. That’s all he talks about.”

“But when he gets there you know damn straight he’s going to miss his mum.” He smiles at me. “You should come. My mum has been asking about you.”

“Craig wouldn’t like that.” I frown causing one to appear on Henry’s lips.

“He doesn’t like me, does he?”

“He doesn’t like our friendship.” I reply honestly as I sit on the bed next to him. “It’s starting to get to him. He doesn’t like how close we are. He thinks it’s unhealthy.”

“And what do you think?”

“I think he’s paranoid.” I chuckle. “He’s gonna have to get over it, especially since we’re starring in Bad Blood together.”

“I would hate to come between you and your boyfriend.” He sincerely says.

“Don’t worry, you won’t be the one coming in between us.” I assure him. “It’ll be his own doing, I guarantee it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lacey

comment&subscribe?