Status: Work in progress

The Light in the Darkness Is You

A New Journey

Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of Tomoko, there lived King Hayato and Queen Ayaka. For many years the land was blessed with peace and harmony. An era that was thought to never end. However, a strange darkness began to spread throughout the land. The people in the kingdom fell suddenly ill and many died as a result. Crops withered away, animals turned into nightmare like creatures; slaying everything in their path. King Hayato feared for what was to become of his kingdom. There was no magic in Tomoko, the king felt powerless against the evil that was terrorizing his land.

One day, Ayaka, who was expecting their first child, collapsed. She to had fallen fatally ill. Hayato, afraid of losing his wife and unborn child prayed to the heavens asking for help. He begged the Gods for the power to defeat the darkness and save his family and his people. For several nights he continued to pray, watching as his queen slipped further away until one night, his prayers were answered. A light appeared in the darkness; vanquishing the evil power the brighter it grew.

King Hayato, overcome with joy praised the Gods for saving his kingdom. He watched as the light from the sky made its way into the castle. Standing before it, the king got on his knees and bowed. The light took the form of a man but had no real features to his face.
"King Hayato, we have saved your kingdom but we have not yet finished." He spoke.
The God left Hayato's presence and took a knee by the queen's bedside. She was pale and weak. Her breathing shallow. She had little time left. He placed his hand on her head. A bright light shined, blinding the king.

Moments later, Queen Ayaka awoke. She sat up slowly. Hayato rushed to her side, crying at the miracle before him.
Do not cry my love. Everything is alright." She smiled.
"Yes....yes it is." He wept.
"King Hayato," the God Began.
"We have answered your prayers, now you must do something for us."
"Anything. I'll do anything." Hayato replied.
"Though the darkness has passed it will not be gone forever. It is up to you to vanquish it completely."
Hearing these words worried the king and queen.
"Upon thee and thy people we bless this gift."

There was another blinding light. It rained down on the kingdom. Though they could not see it, they felt the warmth and surge or magic power.
"With this magic, we entrust the protection of the world to you. As long as you use these powers to serve others and protect this land; you and your people shall be granted immortality. For when the darkness does return, it'll be up to her to stop it." The God said pointing at Ayaka.
"The child you carry will be the lands true savior but, know this. When that time comes, that will end her time on this Earth."
With those words, the God disappeared.

"There you are Lucy. Happy and I have been looking all over for you."
I broke my concentration from the book I was reading to see Natsu looking not so thrilled.
"Something wrong Natsu?" I asked.
"Yeah actually, we found a job that we thought you'd want to come on but you were nowhere to be found. We walked all over Magnolia and here you are just sitting under a tree reading some dumb book." He complained.
You seriously interrupted me for this. I thought annoyed.
"So go to the guild and get something. Come get me when you're done." I said going back to my book.
"Oh no you don't. There's no promise you'll be in the same spot and I'm not walking Magnolia again so you're coming with us." He said yanking me to my feet and pulling me after him.
The story was getting really good to. I sighed.

Back at the guild it was to noisy to try and read. Between all the talking and those two shoving their faces I couldn't concentrate.
"What are you doing Lucy? Aren't you going to eat?" Natsu asked with a mouth full of food.
"First of all swallow before you speak. Second it's a book I'm reading." I said a little annoyed.
"I didn't think you knew how to read Lucy." Happy giggled.
Shut it cat." I snapped.

"What's it about?" Natsu asked.
I'll admit I was surprised he asked me that.
"There was a kingdom that was plagued by darkness. The people got sick and a lot of them died. When the queen became ill, the king begged the Gods for help because none of them had magic to fight."
"What? No magic. what a lame story." Natsu rudely interrupted.
"Fine. I won't tell you anymore." I snapped getting up from the table.
"Find me when your done so we can get this job over with. I'll be outside." I said slamming the door behind me. I sighed. Why did I get so mad at Natsu? That's the way he is. I waited for him to come out any minute ranting and raving, but he didn't.

When the door finally opened it surprised me that Natsu had nothing to say.
"Hey Natsu, I'm sorry I snapped at you." I said shyly.
"Don't worry about it Lucy. Now come on we have a job to do." He smiled.
"Where are you three headed?" Erza asked out of nowhere scaring the crap out of me.
"Where do you think? A job of course." Natsu answered sarcastically.
"And you were leaving without your full team because," she paused waiting for an answer.
"Because it'll be easy. Catching a few bandits. No big deal and look at that reward."
"Yeah if Lucy is part of it it can't be that hard," Happy remarked.
"You're pushing it." I told him.
"I'm glad you're positive Natsu but we better come with you." Erza suggested.
"What, you think we can't handle it?" Natsu asked angry.
Oh jeeze here we go.
"Did you even read the flyer? They rob trains you idiot." Gray chimed in smirking.
"Uh well..." Natsu said rubbing his head.
We all sighed.
"So you'll be useless on this job."
And let the fighting begin.
"Knock it off you to." Erza ordered.
"Yes ma'am." The both replied scared.
"It's decided then. Let's go. Move out."
"Coming Erza."
I mean how bad could this really be? We got this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this anime. I'm currently reading the manga and can't get enough I just had to write a story based from it. If you haven't read the manga or seen the anime I highly recommend it. I hope you guys like this story. Questions and comments are always welcome. I'll apologize now for any and all bad grammar and or punctuation. Enjoy.