Status: In progress

The Legendary Red String of Fate

IV: First Love, Later Marriage

~~The Legendary: Red String of Fate~~IV: First Love, Later Marriage

Twenty two years ago Arthur Kirkland sat at the last window in his classes' homeroom. He was a straight A student like his long-term friend, Yao Wang, however he sat in the back of the class while Yao sat in the front.

He would look up to see a sophomore student sitting behind Yao, that student previously just joined the student council, only to be closer to his obvious crush on Yao.

To Arthur's right, sat the three popular students, nicknamed "the bad touch trio". Antonio Fernandez-Carriedo was the friendliest one of the group, except he hated Arthur because his friend Francis didn't like him. Francis Bonnefoy was the playboy type, always flirted with everyone, it disgusted Arthur because of his slut-like mentality. Gilbert Beilschmidt, the loud mouth of the group, would constantly put others down but keeps his image up. All three students were seniors, only Francis was part of the student council with Arthur and Yao.

Gilbert begged Francis to allow his younger brother to the student council, Yao just approved Kiku to join, while another member just left to transfer back to Italy and his twin took his place, which means Arthur has to approve one more member. Arthur had that on his mind all day, however a new school year means new opportunities. His newest opportunity is a freshmen sitting right in front of him, snoring away.

They just met a couple of months prior over summer break, Arthur wouldn't believe to see him again, especially not at World Academy.

~~

Before first period, Alfred met some students by the bleachers, introducing himself and his fun summer activities. He mentioned about having fun with an eighteen year old at Coney Island. A British student that was no fun until he pushed him to relax a bit.

Arthur on the other hand, was telling his fellow council members about meeting a younger guy and the craziness that occurred. Francis snickered, saying "Our cold heart friend is in love." Yes, perhaps it was love.

~~ "Summer loving had me a blast!" Alfred shouted. He explained the beach wasn't too crowded, and he was able to build a sandcastle to resemble the white house. The weather was beautiful, a perfect beach day.

~~ "Summer loving happened so fast." Arthur sighed. Arthur hated the beach, but he went anyways for his ambitious mother's birthday. He hated sand, it tracked a mess in between his toes. He hated summer weather, he yearned for the winter. However there was a guy playing in the sand, a really good looking guy. His facial features were beautiful, and was built with a strong and healthy figure. Arthur was too skinny, and had pale skin with those thick bushy eyebrows. He fell hard for the guy. The guy looked up to see Arthur staring foolishly at him, he smirked and waved towards Arthur.

~~ "I met a guy crazy for me." Alfred smirked. The guy looked older, however some people may say the same to Alfred at times. He was pale, and truly thin, but Alfred fell for those green eyes. Just like emeralds, they sparkled when the light flashed on them. Alfred knew the guy found him attractive, almost to a drooling point. Arthur quickly put his sunglasses on to hide his shame.

~~ "Met a boy dumb as can be." Arthur mumbled. Alfred walked towards Arthur and asked for his name, when Arthur replied in his British accent, Alfred blushed for a split second. He got excited responding quickly, "A foreigner! Awesome! Could I call you, Artie, for short?" Arthur didn't know how to respond, but he admired that Alfred actually thought he was cool.

~~ "Summer days, drifting away, to oh oh the summer nights." Both said to their friends. It seemed that night should of lasted longer. Who could of known they would of met again?
~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Did you get very far?" Francis winked at Arthur, making Arthur shiver in disgust. "No, you git! Not everyone has sex on their first meet or date!" Francis snickered.

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Like, does he have a car?" Antonio asked the newcomer. "No, dude, he was with his mom!" Laughed Alfred. "What a loser!!! Hahaha!" Gilbert shouted.

~~ "He swam by me, he got a cramp." Alfred jumped into the water shouting to Arthur, if he could swim. Arthur's rolled his eyes because his outfit got wet when Alfred jumped into the water. He took his shirt and cargos off, to reveal his British flag swimsuit. He jumped in, while Alfred splashed him. He did cramped up immediately. Arthur should of waited longer since eating lunch with his mum earlier.

~~ "He jumped by me got my cargos damp." Arthur complained. He didnt mind at first, until he went home later to see his brand new cargos all wet and covered in sand. He needed to take them to the cleaners the next morning.

~~ "I saved his life, he nearly drowned." When Arthur cramped up, the water went over his head. Alfred grabbed him quickly and brought him to the shoreline. Arthur stared at him, like a lifeguard saving his life.

~~ "Such a show off! Splashing around." Arthur watched Alfred return to the water splashing him again. Like an adult one minute, and a child in another, which perfectly described the guy before him. "My name is Alfred, by the way." How rude was him, for not asking the guy for his name after telling him his! Alfred, such a nice name.

~~ "Summer sun somethings begun, but oh oh the summer nights." Both of them said. Once the sunset was out the two went roaming around.

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Was it love at first sight?" Yao asked, Arthur blushed. "Oui! It was!" Francis shouted pointing at Arthur's obvious blush.

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Did he put up a fight?" Gilbert asked. Alfred shook his head, "He may of complained a lot, but he never said no." He winked.

~~ "Took him bowling in the arcade." Alfred said, mentioning Arthur sucked at bowling. Arthur hated the sport but enjoyed seeing Alfred have fun. Arthur kept getting gutter ball, and strikes for Alfred.

~~ "We went strolling drank lemonade." Arthur pretended to gag. While Arthur ended his try, Alfred returned with two iced lemonades from the snack bar. If Arthur would of known, he would of wanted hot tea.

~~ "We made out under the dock." Alfred winked. After Alfred won two bowling games, he led Arthur to the dock. Arthur was against the first kiss, that lasted up to an hour before he felt that girls were peeping and filming them.

~~ "We stayed out till 10 o'clock." Arthur was receiving text messages from his ambitious mother, asking where he was. Arthur said he had to meet her by the parking lot before she calls the cops. Alfred offered to walk him back at least. He agreed.

~~ "Summer fling don't mean a thing, but oh oh the summer nights." Again, they both said. They started to cross the sand heading towards the parking lot.

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! But you don't gotta brag!" Gilbert laughed. Alfred smiled, "Are you sure?"

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Because he sounds like a drag!" Francis smirked. "No, your relationships are drags." Arthur responded.

~~ "He got friendly holding my hand". Arthur blushed. Alfred held Arthur's hand, until Alfred tripped and brought Arthur down with him. Crashing into someone's sand castle.

~~ "He got friendly down in the sand." Alfred stared at Arthur's emerald eyes, leaving Arthur to lose control and he grabbed Alfred's shoulders to level him for a passionate kiss.

~~ "He was sweet just turned....fifteen." Arthur whispered the last part. Alfred asked Arthur his age. Eighteen, he replied. Alfred smiled, cool an older dude! Arthur asked him, "Fifteen, but I look eighteen, some say." Arthur's face dropped.

~~ "Well he was eighteen, legal, you know what I mean?" Alfred winked.

~~ "Summer heat love did meet, but oh oh the summer nights." Alfred helped Arthur back up and they continued to walk towards the parking lot.

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! How much dough did he spend?" Yao asked. Arthur shrugged, why was that important?

~~ "Tell me more, tell me more! Could she get me a friend?" Gilbert winked with his thumbs up. Alfred laughed, wow he must be desperate.

~~ "It turned colder that's where it ends." Alfred said to see Antonio and Gilbert frown.

~~ "So I told him we'd still be friends." Arthur said blushing.

~~ "Then we made our true love vow!" Alfred said enthusiastically.

~~ "Wonder where he is now?" Arthur sighed.

~~ "Summer dreams ripped at the seams but oh those sum---" The bell rang for first period. Everyone groaned so loudly.

~~

Twenty two years later, Alfred and Arthur are seeing each other, except that they are in different states. Alfred is part of a film crew in Universal Studios, and visits Arthur in New York, when he can.

They skype when they can, they call each other every night, despite the time difference. Alfred is even ready to propose to Arthur, after all these years.

This week in Los Angeles, is Alfred's thirty-seventh birthday. It is also the fourth of July, and Arthur's family and friends are flying out for Alfred's birthday bash. Even Alfred's half brother Matthew, would be flying out from New York. Perfect weekend for proposing in front of fireworks!

--

"Are we there yet?" Peter said kicking the back of Arthur's seat. Arthur had the window seat, with Yao in the middle, and Matthew on the end. Peter sat behind Arthur, with Leon sat behind Yao, and Yao's son Shen sat behind Matthew. In front of Arthur was his son Benji, Arthur's ex-wife Alice sat in front of Yao, and in front of Matthew was Yao's wife Chun-Ye. Behind Peter's seat was Arthur's mother Sarah, Arthur's father George sat behind Leon, and Yao's daughter Li sat behind her brother. Luckily, Yao's sister closed the restaurant for the week, so she could stay home with her niece.

"NO! STOP KICKING MY SEAT!" Arthur turned yelling at Peter. Arthur's parents are divorced but still came to support Arthur's relationship.

"Mum! Arthur yelled at me!" Peter shouted, unfortunately she was listening to her Ipod. "Quit fighting!" shouted George. Leon kept trying to get Yao's attention, "Lao shi, are you hungry? Thirsty? I'll buy you a drink." Yao giggled, "I'm fine, but thank you. Sweetie, you thirsty?" He asks Chun-Ye. she turns and nods, "Yes, ginger ale."

"Excuse me, miss? Another ginger ale for my wife." You could see the disappointment in Leon's face. Peter notices and quickly asks Shen, "Are your parents' happily married?" Shen raised an eyebrow.

"Now, Chun-Ye, when were you planning to visit London?" Alice asked. Chun-Ye always wanted to travel, and when her father booked a trip for her and her sisters and brother to go to London, she wanted advice from her British friend. "Next week, for three weeks. I hope Yao and the kids be okay." Alice laughed, "Yao is a grown man, he will be fine."

"Wei, Baba!" Shen shouted. "What is it?" Yao responded. "Would you date a guy?" Shen said, making his mother spit out her ginger ale. "WHAT??" Yao jumped. "Calm down, I meant if you were single would you?" Yao blushed before responding a simple no.

"That was a lie." Arthur smirked. Yao flipped him off leaving a giggle from Arthur.

Once the plane landed, Alfred had a limo ready to pick his guests up. "Dude, Artie, you made it!" Arthur and him went to hug, but were stopped by George with his hand out for a handshake. "You must be Mr. Jones. A pleasure." Alfred knew that Arthur's father was strict and a reason behind why his parents divorced. Arthur's mother was mentioned to be fun and ambitious.

"Yeah, Alfred is just fine, dude." George's face twitched when he was just called 'a dude'.

"Hello, Alfie. My name is Sarah Lynn, i'm Arthur's mum. This is my adopted son, Leon, and my youngest son, Peter." She said smiling. Alfred knew he would get along with her. He waved when he recognized someone, "Yao, dude!" Yao smiled.

"Hello, Alfred. It's been a while, hasn't it. This is my wife, Chun-Ye, and our children Shen and Li." Alfred laughed, "I thought for sure you'd be married to Ivan Braginsky."

"Who is Ivan Braginsky?" Chun-Ye asked. "He was Yao's prom date!" Alfred answered. Chun-Ye turned confused, "I thought you didn't go to prom?" Yao started to sweat, "I did....not go to prom. Silly, Alfred, hehe."

"Okay? Matty, there you are!" He hugged his half brother. "Great to see you too, Alfred." he said politely. "Alfred, I want you to meet my son, Benjamin and my first wife, Alice." Arthur called him over.

Leon walked over to Yao, "Lao shi, who is Ivan Braginsky?" Yao paled."Shush! Before Chun-Ye hears you! He was an old boyfriend back in high school." Leon smiled, "I see. I won't tell at all, Lao shi." Yao smiled, "Thanks, Leon."

They were staying at Alfred's mansion, where there werent that man rooms but still big. Arthur and Alfred shared Alfred's bedroom, with Matthew sharing a room with Leon, Chun-Ye shared a room with Yao, the twins shared a room with Peter, Alice shared a room with her son, leaving the divorced couple share a room together.

Afterwards a BBQ was out in the yard while fireworks went off nearby. Alfred knew where this was the right time, he knelt in front of Arthur, who was seated at the end of the patio furniture, grasping his hand.

"Arthur, since we met when I was fifteen and attended the same high school the next month we have met, I've always knew we were a perfect match. Will you marry me, and start a new life with me in it?" Arthur cried, "YES! Of course!" and hugged him tightly.

The Fireworks ended with the last image of an American flag in the night sky.

~FIN~

Song: Summer Nights
Artist: Grease Soundtrack

To Be Continued..............
♠ ♠ ♠
*****Author's Note*****
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!
A lot of coincidences with this story:
-this is chapter 4
-today it's the 4th of July
-it's America's birthday
-this is the last chapter introducing a pairing before the real stories start! Mentioning USUK.