Status: Going 'til you tell me to stop!

In My Head

Prologue

“Right this way, Ms. Medeni, your office is the right across from my office,” Mike Sullivan said with a smile on his face. He was obviously trying his hardest to come off as a nice guy. There was no doubt in her mind that he was genuinely a kind fellow, but he could tone it done a little. The room was rather large room, furnished with only a white book shelf taking up a whole wall, a white desk, two basic white stationary lazy boy chairs, and a white side chair positioned at the desk. It was so bland and cold. “Let me know if you need anything. I’ll start sending the guys in after practice tomorrow for their individual evaluations. ”

“Okay, well thank you, Mike, for everything. I’ll be ready, and please, call me Tatum,” she said as she brushed her dark, curly ombre hair out of her face. “I can’t wait.” Mike smiled at her, closing the door as he left. Tatum dropped her box of supplies atop her new desk, wasting no time in making this cold cellar of an office into a warm, inviting space. She stopped for a brief second, taking in the view from her new office; it was truly beautiful.

Tatum Medeni was new to the Penguins’ staff, recently brought in by general manager Jim Rutherford and head coach Mike Sullivan as a method of keeping the men focused and prepared at all times. This meant that the guys would never have an excuse to be out of their a-game. This job was incredibly vital in the minds’ of both mind, and they couldn’t settle on just anybody with a degree. In reality, though, she was not at all a logical chose for this job. Tatum just graduated from college with a degree in psychology, focusing mainly on therapeutic psychology with a minor in medicine. She was planning to attend a graduate program before she received the call to come down and work for one of the greatest NHL franchises in the league.

It was just before the offial beginning of new season when Tatum was called in regards to the position. While she was initially hesitant on moving from the safe haven she had found in Vermont, she knew that this was an opportunity that was once in a blue moon. It would be foolish to turn this job down, and even if it didn’t work out, the credentials would look amazing on her resume in their own rite. So now, here she was working a job she was far too young for.

By 8 pm, Tatum happily wiped her brow as she realized her office was coming together quite nicely. And with that, she grabbed her bag and headed towards the parking garage. She pulled her phone out, texting her best friend about dinner while she made her way to her card. Her mind was occupied until she hit into what felt like a brick wall.

“Oh, I’m so sorry,” said a deep voice. Tatum took a step backwards as she met a man’s blue eyes with her own chocolate brown ones. The man smiled down at her, scanning her over features. He chuckled a little, “I didn’t see you there. I apologize.”

Tatum bit her bottom lip, smiling as she looked down at the ground. Her voice came out in a hushed whisper, “I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” The two just stood there, staring into each other’s eyes before Tatum pulled herself back to reality and headed towards her car. A smile plastered itself on her face as she drove away.

The man watched lustfully, even after she was long gone. He couldn’t shake the smile off, even when his team captain, Sidney Crosby, came to talk to him. He called his name, waiting a few seconds before trying again. Still nothing from his teammate. Sidney tapped him on the shoulder again. And again. And again. Finally, Sidney stepped in front of him. “Hey, Olli. Dude, can you hear me? What’s up with you, man?”

Olli sighed, “I’m going to marry that girl, Sid. I just know it. I’m going to marry that girl.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you guys think! If you have suggestions and comments, let me know.