Truth, Lies and Bitchy Girls

You Did What?!

“You hit a wrong note.” Ellen pointed out as Brian stopped playing the song he was recording.

“How’d you figure that then huh?” He bit back.

“Well a, because it sounded wrong and b, because I’ve heard you play it before.” She explained, rolling her eyes.

“Y’know, I really do hate you sometimes.” Brian retorted, before realising what he had said and trying to make it right, seeing the look on Ellen’s face. “Ohmigod, Ellie, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean it like that!”

“Save it!” She screamed at him before storming out of the room, passing Zacky as she went.

“What was that?” Zacky enquired.

“I fucked up.” Brian said, his head in his hands.

“What did you do?”

“She said I hit a wrong note and, looking back now I realise I did, but I argued and said I hate her sometimes.” He mumbled.

“YOU DID WHAT?! YOU KNOW WHAT SHE’S BEEN THROUGH! THAT’S FUCKING OUT OF ORDER!” Zacky shouted.

“You think I don’t know that? I was just pissed off ‘cause I fucked up the recording and I took my anger out on her. I know I shouldn’t have.” Brian replied regretfully.

“Too right you shouldn’t have. You know what she said to me the other night? She said that we’re the only friends that she’s ever had. How’s that make you feel? Think about it while I go and find her.” Zack demanded.

He left the room in search of Ellen, leaving Brian feeling guilty. He figured she’d probably be outside seeing as the door was open and it hadn’t been a few minutes before. He walked out of the building and looked around. Ellen was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall with her legs pulled up to her chest and her head on her knees, sobbing quietly. Slowly, he walked over and sat next to her.

“You okay Ellie?” Instead of replying, she just looked at him and raised an eyebrow. “Okay, that was a stupid question, I admit.”

“You think?” She giggled.

“Indeed. Brian hates himself now for what he did, you know that?” He asked.

“He does? Good.”

“Yeah, I told him what you said the other night; I don’t think he feels too good at the moment.”

“What?! You told him? Why?! I said not to tell anyone.” She exclaimed.

“Ellie, calm down. I told him ‘cause I knew it’d make him feel even worse about what he said. You should go talk to him and I give you my full permission to say as much shit about his playing as you feel is necessary.” Zacky chuckled.

“You know what Zack? I may just do that. He’s recorded that song five times now, and he’s fucked up every time.” She giggled, before they both stood and made their way inside to go see Brian.

***
“Ellie, please forgive me.” Brian begged.

“Give me a reason why I should Brian. You know everything I’ve been through and you still say you hate me sometimes.” She bit back.

“I know I was wrong, you’ve gotta believe me Ellie. I was just annoyed ‘cause I’d fucked up the song so many times and I took my anger out on you. I’m really really sorry.” He pleaded

“I dunno, Zack, what d’you think?” She asked.

“I think you should make him pay.” Zacky replied, shocking Brain.

“But how?” Ellie pondered.

“Can you play guitar?” Zack asked.

“Yes indeed I can. Why?” She replied.

“I reckon you should record this song for him.” He answered.

“Ooooh, I like that idea. You’re gonna tell him though. But the only problem is, I don’t know it.” She replied sadly.

“He can teach you it.” Zacky said simply.

“Sounds like you’ve got a plan there Zack, now tell him.” She answered with a cheeky smile on her face.

“Okay then Miss Ellie. Hey Brian, come here.” Zacky shouted over at Brain and he heaved himself of his seat and walked over to where they were standing.

“Errm, yeah?” Brian replied cautiously.

“Ellie will forgive you but, first, you’ve gotta teach her this song and she’s gonna record it for you.” Zacky told Brian. It was obvious that Brian didn’t like the idea but he wanted Ellie not to hate him so he agreed.

“Okay, sure.”

“Jeez Brian, could you sound any more enthusiastic?” Ellie questioned sarcastically.

“I don’t think he does enthusiastic.” Zacky laughed.

“Y’know I am stood here, so if you could stop with the insults?” Brian asked.

“Hmm, dunno if I can do that, sorry Bri, it’s just too fun. But you’ve gotta teach Ellie that song so I’m just gonna go for a while now.” Zacky replied before he backed out of the door and disappeared.

“Zacky came up with this idea didn’t he?” Brian enquired.

“Yes indeed he did. I’m not sneaky enough to come up with this.” Ellie retorted.

“Okay then, wanna learn this shit?”

“Fuck yeah!”

“Choose a guitar then.” Ellie walked over to his guitar rack and picked up Brian’s favourite guitar because she knew it would annoy him.

It took Brian little over an hour to teach Ellen the whole song, she learnt really quickly. He showed her how to use the recording equipment and then left the room, feeling humiliated as a fifteen year old girl was recording his part instead of him. Moments after he left, he heard the opening notes of ‘Afterlife’ emit from the room, meaning that she had started recording. He wandered around aimlessly for a few minutes before he ran into Matt.

“Dude, how come you’re standing there and I can hear your part from ‘Afterlife’ playing?” He enquired.

“Ellie’s recording it.” Brian replied.

“Why?” Matt asked, looking confused.

“Well, I was recording it earlier and I played a wrong note. Ellie pointed it out and I got really mad ‘cause it was the fifth time I’d fucked it up and I said I hate her sometimes and she stormed out. Zacky followed her and got her back in and he came up with the idea of making me pay and that she should record my part for me.” He explained.

“YOU WHAT?! That’s low even for you Brian Elwin Haner Jr.” Matt screamed at Brian.

“You think I don’t know that? I’ve already had that off Zacky. So yeah, she’s in there now recording.”

“You know what? If you ever leave the band, I think we’ve found your replacement. I’m gonna go listen.” Matt said, walking off to where Ellen was recording.

“What? Dude, you were listening to me?” Ellen enquired when she had finished recording and turned around to find the entire band standing in the doorway.

“Well yeah, had to really when I found Brian wandering the corridors aimlessly whilst his part was being played. Curiosity I guess.” Matt replied, shrugging his shoulders.

“Damn you all and your mother fucking curiosity.” She laughed.

“You’ll just have to live with it little Jelly.” Jimmy sniggered. He was the only one she allowed to call her Jelly.

“Why, God, Why?!” She asked jokily.

“That’s life. Anyway, I wanna hear your recording!” Zack exclaimed, practically jumping up and down.

“’Kay, but I warn you now, it isn’t all that good.” She replied, shaking her head, before turning to the computer and pressing play. They stood there listening for the duration of the recording and, when it stopped, immediately burst into applause. “Jeez, it ain’t that good.”

“Ellie, none of us except Brian could ever play that. Believe us, it is that good.” Johnny replied, causing her to blush frantically.

“Jelly’s blushing!” Jimmy laughed.

“Thanks for that Jimmy, like I didn’t know already.” She replied, rolling her eyes. “D’you think I should record that again?”

“Nope. You got it first time. Unlike someone else we know…” Zacky said, turning to Brian and laughing.