The Way We Love

Sometimes I think

A soft breeze,the kind that gently pushed the trees back and forth.It was summer and the sun was high and the heat was ever present,but the cool breeze was a nice distraction.Norman sat astride his Harley,it still needed some work and was in desperate need of a good clean,but he sat proudly atop it as if it were a throne.His helmet rested on his thigh as he gazed at the foaming waves crash into the tan sand. The tuft of hair on his head blew gently, persuaded, just like the trees, to blow gently with the breeze, it tickled his forehead and he raised a hand to brush it to the side.

The beach was empty other than a group of girls,clad in skimpy bathing suits and large sunglasses.They were each laying face down on a bright colored towel of their own.One girl in particular,dark hair and tan skin,had her chin resting on the back of her hands and he could feel her staring from behind her large glasses.He smirked at her,the only acknowledgment he gave that he had noticed her.

He watched the tan skin of her cheeks darken with pink as she blushed.She laid her forehead down on her hand and Norman looked away. He enjoyed the peace that came with the sound of crashing waves and calling seagulls. Two of the girls got up from their towels and were slowly making their way up the beach in his direction. As the neared,he sat up straight.One of them was the girl who had been staring at him.

As they passed by his bike she looked at him from over the brim of her sunglasses.The sun seemed to brighten her already gleaming blue eyes.She had a sweet smile on her lips as her friend pulled her by. They were going to go get something to eat at the concession stand that was behind him..When they came back Norman reach forward and gripped the girl by her wrist,gently stopping her. Her friend gave a swift and worried “Hey” towards him.

She had let out a soft gasp and turned.When he let go of her she stood up straight and pushed her glasses onto her head tucking them against her dark hair. She crossed her arms over her bikini top and cocked her hip to the side. Norman watched as she made every attempt she could at seeming intimidating.

“Can I help you?” She spoke, she seemed to be struggling to put as much attitude into her words as she could and Norman could only smirk. She was smaller, much smaller than him.

“Do you always talk like that to people you get caught staring at?” He stepped off of his motorcycle and towered over her.He watched as she could only stare up at him.

“I wasn't staring at you,You just happened to be in the way, I was staring at him.”Norman looked into the direction she was pointing and chuckled, he ignored her attempt at annoying him with her words, and instead snorted at the shirtless tan boy around their age that stood staring in their direction.His hair was bleach blonde, and as he gripped onto the surfboard at his side, seeming all too stereotypical of a surfer, Norman raised an eyebrow.

He laughed as he spoke,turning back to her “You can’t lie to me. But I’m Norman and you are? ”. He ignored the annoyed sigh from the girl's friend.

“Mika.”She introduced herself softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Norman
Mika